Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

More Good News For Manchester

Etihad will be commencing daily services from Manchester via Abu Dhabi from spring 2006. Not many details yet but their presence should keep the prices down through next year with both Qatar and Emirates. Good news all round and sure to be some bargains on the way.

Etihad from Manchester

Tom

Thats good news for my northern friends!!

I love Etihad, i think they have lots going for them and being a fairly new airline i think they have a good future ahead of them.

As far as cheap flights go............ go Etihad

:chogdee2

ps No i do not work for Etihad, i know i go on about them a lot!!!

Well that is good news.........another option to avoid Heathrow.

Now about avoiding the Middle East! :banana

jacko,

Well that is good news.........another option to avoid Heathrow.

Now about avoiding the Middle East! 

Lufthansa, Swiss, Air France, SAS, KLM, China Airlines, Austrian, Turkish .......... :unsure:

i'd steer clear of air france & klm as their shite IMHO .... I'm lufthansa's biggest fan ! Excellent service , excellent airports(becks & warsteiner on draft) , good aircraft(becks , warsteiner & jack on board) & great layover times to keep your journey time to a minimum !

i'd steer clear of air france & klm as their shite IMHO .... I'm lufthansa's biggest fan ! Excellent service , excellent airports(becks & warsteiner on draft) , good aircraft(becks , warsteiner & jack on board) & great layover times to keep your journey time to a minimum !

ferocious,

I have fond memories of visiting the Warsteiner brewery many years ago ...... one of Germany's best kept secrets! FWIW, the JW Marriott on Suk Soi 2 has it on draught in their lobby bar.

Tom

Tom,

Still got no joy with Qatar and my airmiles. Put a formal complaint into their London office so will see what happens.

Did a trawl on Travel Jungle and got Emirates on 8 Feb for four weeks at £419.60 total through T Cook of all people. Don't know if this is a cockup somewhere as everyone else is quoting £480 and up. Only £49 tax which seems low)

Anyway, grabbed it quick. I'll try again with my Qmiles and Qatar in the summer.

Also got four weeks parking at MAN (off site) for £45 which is less than half of the normal price.

Just have to while away the next 80 days now. :chogdee2

Edited by BongoBill9999

Bill,

Well done on the Emirates price. Let's hope it is a sign of things to come for the rest of the year. :chogdee2

I fly out with Qatar on 6 Feb and am staying in BKK (Suk Soi 2) until 9 Feb. My tentative plan is then to go to Hanaoi/Haiphong for a couple of days before hitting Pattaya for a couple of weeks.

Who have you booked your parking with? Ringway?

Tom

Tom,

Actually I was wrong on the tax charged:-

Flight 380.00

Tax 39.60

Total 419.60

Makes me even more convinced there is a cockup somewhere along the line. Oh well, its paid for now! <laugh

Got the parking with APH - little bit of a hike to the airport but not too bad, transfers are on demand but reliable. Used them before. £44.85 for 29 days!

Bill

ps Out of interest I just checked e-bookers for the same dates with Emirates. They quote total of £480 and the tax is the same at 39.60 so an extra £60 for the ticket cf Thomas Cook!

Edited by BongoBill9999
ferocious,

I have fond memories of visiting the Warsteiner brewery many years ago ...... one of Germany's best kept secrets! FWIW, the JW Marriott on Suk Soi 2 has it on draught in their lobby bar.

Tom

nice one tom i'm in bangers for 9 days dec/jan soi4 so i'll pop in for a couple of cold ones