Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Im just back from my first time to Pattaya and am hooked on the place,cant wait to get back,would like to say hi to all i had a drink with and for makeing me feel so welcome-khob-khun-krub

Yep you will never be the same ruined for life 2guns

Yes, another one has been lost to the Dark Side of the Force. Give up all hope of any kind of normal life now, because once you've been to Pattaya nothing about you will ever be the same. You're screwed.

Ain't it great! :chogdee2

The worst part of comming to pattaya is leaving. Just about all you will think about is how your going to get back. You will start thinking not in terms of dollars but in Pattaya money, things like that would buy 10 beer changs or thats 3 bar fines or this is 5 massages. Before long you will even be able to do these conversions in your head. Seriously though Thailand is a wonderful place to live, cost of living is low, the climate is great, and the best part in my opinion are the Thai people themselves.

Cheers :chogdee2

I'm a newbie and just returned from my first ever trip to Pattaya, spent 6 days there at the Areca Lodge (great place). I got back on the 13th and (I swear) haven't been able to go more than a couple of hours without thinking of the LOS. I truly am ruined for life I'm afraid...making plans to return in Feb. Some of my freinds have asked me to describe it, but it's hard to put into words. I'm now trying to figure out if my military retirement and savings (after I sell my house) will allow me to retire somewhere in Thailand. God, what a place!!!!!

Im just back from my first time to Pattaya and am hooked on the place,cant wait to get back,would like to say hi to all i had a drink with and for makeing me feel so welcome-khob-khun-krub

and you are now already starting to plan how and when you will return. You r entire life will be changed from this point on. You will always think about where to stay, how much airline tickets cost, what's the current exchange rate, how can I live there.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB

God how familure this all sounds. Been there done that and have to admit there is no better place or people to spend the rest of your life with. I have my lady, we are getting married next year. I am planing my retirement to the LOS. I will be living off my military pension and my public service pension. The only downside is that I have to wait ten years to get the publice service pension. But all good things cum to those who wait and plan and scheme, :P

Nothing worse than going home to your own country!!

And as for that departure lounge at BKK!!

:D

Glad to hear you had a good time though mate...... now youre hooked like the rest of us!

:D

Hi Bros,

I have just returned from Pattaya yesterday. Liked to thank all folks that was so helpful in trying to locate inexpensive hotels for me there during high season.

I didn't really have that great of a time since I am a newbie there and had my fair share of failures not knowing all the rules of engagements.

I got ripped off more than once while there.

Since this forum cant really discuss bargirl situations, cant get into the details, but I don't know if I would go back anytime soon. Still steamed thinking about some of the experiences. So, bottom line, not all experiences are good ones.

I got ripped off more than once while there.

Since this forum cant really discuss bargirl situations, cant get into the details, but I don't know if I would go back anytime soon. Still steamed thinking about some of the experiences. So, bottom line, not all experiences are good ones.

For those of us who are still awaiting our first trip, your personal experiences (Good And especially BAD) are greatly appreciated. :( :clap1 If you could share some of your "mistakes" with us, then perhaps we would be less inclined to do the same. :cry1

For those of us who are still awaiting our first trip, your personal experiences (Good And especially BAD) are greatly appreciated.  :nod  B)  If you could share some of your "mistakes" with us, then perhaps we would be less inclined to do the same.  :clap1

Rule 1--dont always take the bar girls word as the final word.

It changes with every new offer they may receive

Rule 2--dont sit down and buy lady drinks for the girl U may like at the moment--they could be fairly expensive depending on where U are by the way. Talk 1st and check on availablity of said girl and pricing before spending too much on her.

ex: they make commission on lady drinks, so they may act like they could go with you but may already be busy, still they will ask for u to buy them drinks, then act like your best friend and after few drinks ,tell u No. cant go with U.

Rule 3--beware of ladyboys, some look real good and trust me, U will not be able to tell the difference. Problem is they also work at same bars as regular gals for pick up and bar fines.

will write more as I remember them.

Later

PT

Dont make the mistakes I made. See above for the 1st 3 rules.

Edited by phantomtiger
Dont make the mistakes I made. See above for the 1st 3 rules.

This post has been edited by phantomtiger on Nov 27 2005, 07:31 PM

Hi

It's a learning process, everybody makes mistakes from time to time, but first time is the hardest. Even the experienced guys have to leave themselves open sometimes or they would have no fun. :gone :rotflmao :D

I would suggest not hitting the booze :D to hard the first few days,not easy i know as my first days were a blur and i handed cash out big time.

He He He!!!

How many times have i heard that one?????

:P :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer = :o = :chogdee2

Know what im saying?

Hell, I've got it so bad that I downloaded that song "Superstar" and play it when I'm reading the board. Is that sick or what???

i havent been there yet, but i play it over over over over and over again, i cant wait, i have trouble sleeping at night just thinking about it.

After living here for close to four years now the only advice to anyone

take care and think.

so many leave their brains at the airport

Hell, I've got it so bad that I downloaded that song "Superstar" and play it when I'm reading the board.  Is that sick or what???

Heee, heeee. That is hilarious. I never heard that song in my life before being in Lucifer's. I downloaded it too. Kinda sick of it now, but reminds me of little Nut grinding me on the dance floor. She was a "Nut" all right.