Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Singapore bank account

I am intending to open bank accounts in Singapore and keep my money there when I move to Thailand.

Just fed up of my UK bank (soon all EU banks) telling the government everything.

Does anyone have an account there and can they advise who is good/bad etc?

Not so long ago it said that the bangkok bank in singapore were giving loans for ferangs wishing to buy property in Thailand, so that means there is a bangkok bank in singapore

Edited by justtony

Niall I had banked with Standard Charted in Singapore but they used to bung on the charges fairly heavily when transfering money. Have since moved to HSBC in Bangkok & have had nothing but good service from them. May be a bit harded to open account there now but give the customer relations mob a call & see what you require to open foreign currency account,> if you want to stop in & see them they are on rama IV opposite Lumpinin Park, highly recommended.

Harve

I'm pretty sure that I read in a post that you can open a HSBC account in Bangkok from the UK, or maybe the arrangements can be started in the UK to open a Thai account. I think it may have been Hilly who posted the info some time ago P.M him if you want more information. I know that HSBC like to deal in large amounts, in Australia anyway.

Bigmike.