Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Praise for Lostinspace, BKK/Pattaya transfer

A moment for a bit of praise.

I arrived in Pattaya today from the US. As all American BMs know, that trip is brutal. 25 hrs door to door minimum.

A BM named lostinspace (Paul) and his wife Jan have started up a quality airport / Pattaya transfer service. I used it today.

Jan met me with a sign with my first name on it, plus a particular shirt they identify to ensure no one co-opts your name for theft, she put me in a good car, weaved her way through a godawful parking lot and got me here. The traffic is horrible, as we all know, and she's deft at maneuvering through it without becoming aggressive or doing risky things and making you nervous. She's personable and is a nice tour guide during the drive. She also brings drinks if you want one enroute.

I won't presume to quote their price here. It is higher than 1500 baht with all tolls paid, so if all you want is a taxi for that amount, that will be your cheapest option. We all know the risks with that.

But I chose not to. I preferred no hassle with haggling after 25 hrs in the air. I preferred someone who speaks passable English. I preferred someone who took a few extra turns in Pattaya to show me Paul and her favorite steakhouses. And I preferred someone who waited for my late plane today. (And there's a thread on here explaining how she helped out one of our board members who got into a bit of a sticky problem with the immigration police over cigarettes. She translated for him.)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth of testimonial. I got my money's worth and will use them again. And no, I don't know them and have no financial interest in their business.

Owen,

Please repost this in the Meeting Section under Reliable car and driver. More members will see it. We can use all the reliable services available.