Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Vasectomy in LOS?

Hi locals,

I'm keen to have 'the snip' and was wondering if this can be doen in BKK or Pattaya at a reputable hospital.

Of course I can get one here in Australia, but even with private insurance it will cost about baht 12000. I realise this isn't a Kings ransom, but if I can get one in LOS for less, I'd seriously consider it. (At the end of a trip of course - dont want to contemplate watching TV with a bag of frozen peas on the ol fella at any other time! :rotflmao )

Cheers, Lemons

It will hurt for at least 1 month, so plan on that. It will also be uncomfortable to walk for 2 weeks.

I had no pain at all after mine though walking was a bit uncomfortable for a few days. I didn't get the all clear before I quit the UK as I was still firing live ones. Anyone know of a clinic will carry out the necessary checks for me?

Alan

Dear Greg,

>

> Thank you for your interest in our services at

> Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

>

> The approximate cost for vasectomy under local

> anaesthesia is 15,000 baht.

>

> The vasectomy procedure take only 30 minutes to an hour.

>

> Regards,

>

> Reina Rances

> International MarCom Division

> Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

Email: bphint@bgh.co.th

From Pattaya International Hospital

Dear Greg,

Thank you for your trust in our service. TH cost for vasectomy is about 9,000 - 10,000 Thai baht you need to see doctor first for examine and estimate cost again before operation. Clinic open on Sat at 2.00 - 4.00 pm. For more information please call 038-428374.

Best regards,

Out Patient Department

Email: picpih@loxinfo.co.th

There was one doc amongst us offering to do me with his left hand right then and there at the FLB, but I politely declined. :D

Still yet to have the cut as the never enough time. :frustrated

Use frozen peas in a bag and place gentley upon the sack. Get a good book and stay horizontal for a few days, you'll be just fine. Peas have no edges like ice does. If you stay on your feet and go to the nearest Beer Bar to celebrate your newly found liberation, you'll be sorry... :chogdee2

I had no pain at all after mine though walking was a bit uncomfortable for a few days.

I felt same way. Only thing that was pain in the ass was shaving my balls before the operation. I opted to shave myself. Pain from nicks and cuts was more painful than operation it self. I got mine done in the morning and spent the afternoon in the bar trying to pickup a barfly. Before I start taking antibiotics, I wanted to gets few drinks in me. :chogdee2

I felt same way. Only thing that was pain in the ass was shaving my balls before the operation. I opted to shave myself. Pain from nicks and cuts was more painful than operation it self. I got mine done in the morning and spent the afternoon in the bar trying to pickup a barfly. Before I start taking antibiotics, I wanted to gets few drinks in me.

I shaved myself as well - in fact as I've had a beard for the last 27 years and used an electric razor before then it was the first time I'd used a safety razor :rolleyes: . I was advised to shave myself in the bath and managed to avoid givimg myself any painful cuts. :rolleyes:

Alan

Step one is the anesthesia. A local. Now the problem with locals is delivery. How does your dentist get you numb? That's right, a shot. Turns out they make some sort of special ball sack novicane. And they deliver it with, you guessed it, a needle. And the shot to prevent *pain* is given to you, not in a vein in your leg, not in a vein in your groin. No, the needle get stuck right into your ballsack. And not just into the ballsack, but into your ball. Yes, you heard me correctly. Right in the ball. And the doctor actually says, "You may feel a pinch." Really? A pinch? Who the Fuck used to pinch you doc? A fucking gorilla with fucking vice grips?

And one shot is not sufficient. You get five. And not a quick in and out, no it's the old, "I've stuck the needle there and I must slowly release the ball sack novicane while wiggling the needle back and forth." It feels like brain freeze to the tenth power in your ball. It makes you want to vomit and cry all at the same time. Then they start on your other ball.

Seems that part of the pain management is to inflict such severe pain during the administration of the anesthesia that really you wouldn't notice just about anything else they did. Just about...

So this was supposed to be a special type of vasectomy- no scalpel. In fact, his brochure said something about lasers (I like lasers). Turns out there are no lasers. And there's no scalpel because he just jams a big ass pair of pointed forceps directly into your scrotum, making a puncture wound, grabbing the sperm tubes and pulling them out through the hole. But it's OK, because you're under a local anesthetic. And never fucking have to pay another child support.

newbie fuckwad, wannabe.

probally went to a veteranary clinic? :chogdee2

and never been to Thailand :chogdee2

That seemed to be your defense when you get angry. newbie fuckwad, never been to Thailand. Just because you been to LOS longer than newbie doesn't mean you know everything. People are same wherever you go. Trust me.

That seemed to be your defense when you get angry. newbie fuckwad, never been to Thailand. Just because you been to LOS longer than newbie doesn't mean you know everything. People are same wherever you go. Trust me.

Please remember, whatever you started you did on your own accord.

I have offered you only advise to you that was solid before your attack.

When you accuse someone of having HIV, its rather a severe statement, especially on a public in which I have friends I have met in person.

Apperently you have not been around when clubman was posting? The response from the newbie fuckwad is the same response as clubman.........

Ok, so I am now going to go to the beach, and then look for some nice TGs later. I dont have too much time to waste on you, as you have lots of time at the computer, and I only have time between a TGs legs :P

Ok, so I am now going to go to the beach, and then look for some nice TGs later. I dont have too much time to waste on you, as you have lots of time at the computer, and I only have time between a TGs legs :D

Have Fun Ting-Tong. I envy you. Give couple good shove on my behalf. :P <grin

Well before you go for the snip (and all the likewise horror stories the boardies like to share) can I give you another option ?

It's called RISUG (Reversible Inhibition of Sperm Under Guidance) it's a new procedure finishing up it's clinical trials right now (been in testing for a decade) that completely prevents any risk of impregnation without ANY kind of surgery.

It's ONE shot that destroys every sperm that your body creates without having to have sharp blades and prying hands trying to break your balls. The best part is 1 shot lasts about 10 years, it's 100% reversible with a second shot at any time, and there's no downtime recovering. Hit the clinic get the shot back in the bar porking by nightfall.

Here's a link for more info, with any luck it will be available soon.

RISUG

Vas occlusive methods all block the flow of sperm or render the sperm dysfunctional in the vas deferens. RISUG is the newest technology of the potential vas occlusion methods. This contraceptive has completed Phase I and II clinical trials in India. Our research has convinced us that RISUG (formerly called SMA) is the most promising of the potential male contraceptives. See the summaries of the trials below for the impressive results.

RISUG stands for Reversible Inhibition of Sperm Under Guidance, and is composed of a styrene malic anhydride (SMA) complexed with the solvent DMSO. This complex can be injected using a no-scalpel procedure into the vasa deferentia, where it coats the walls within a matter of minutes. The compound is anchored to the vasa deferentia within 72 hours. RISUG has two contraceptive effects: partial blockage of the vas and molecular-level electrical charges. The positive and negative charge mosaic on RISUG's surface causes the membranes of passing sperm to rupture, rendering them incapable of fertilizing an egg.

Because RISUG does not completely block the flow of sperm through the vas deferens, it appears to have fewer of the negative side effects associated with vasectomies. Men's immune systems don't produce large quantities of sperm antibodies. This could make reversal of the contraceptive effect much faster and more reliable. A recent study also shows that men treated with RISUG for 8 years have healthy prostates.

A single injection of 60 milligrams of RISUG can provide contraception for up to 10 years and possibly beyond. Smaller doses provide shorter periods of contraception. RISUG is readily removable. The compound can be removed by flushing the vasa deferentia with an injected solvent, either DMSO or a sodium bicarbonate solution. The team researching RISUG is also working on a noninvasive reversal technique, which uses massage, vibration and low electrical current. They have even shown that multiple injections and reversals are effective in primates.

RISUG has now entered Phase III clinical trials in India. To date 150 men are involved in the trial. The purpose of the Phase III trials is to establish the safety and efficacy of RISUG in a variety of India's ethnic groups.

Despite the ongoing clinical trials, the status of RISUG research is uncertain. In October 2002 a major controversy erupted when the new Health Minister of India went to the press with concerns about RISUG. His concerns have since been resolved, but this interlude stalled the clinical trials for six months. Other more serious concerns about RISUG's initial toxicology tests may also be delaying progress. While the Indian Council for Medical Research has reviewed the toxicology data three times, and approved it each time, some US researchers point out that the studies don't meet more recent international standards. It is not clear how these concerns will impact RISUG research in the long term.

effectiveness  All but one man has developed azoospermia two months after injection. But examination of sperm as little as three days after injection showed that all the men were functionally infertile -- 100% of the sperm were immotile.

convenience  One injection can provide at least 10 years of contraception. The injection can be performed with a tiny cut requiring no stitches. Men in the clinical trials left the hospital immediately and resumed their normal sex lives within a week.

ease of reversibility  Reversal is another outpatient procedure: flushing the vasa with a solution. The researchers are developing a noninvasive reversal technique. In monkeys, reversal is immediate after 2 years of occlusion, and the cells lining the vas return to normal within 90 days. Reversibility in humans has not yet been tested.

safety  Only the most superficial layer of the vas (the mucosa) is affected by RISUG. Eleven years of human studies have turned up no long term side effects. At up to 10 times the effective dose, RISUG has no adverse side effects in primates. Thoroughness of carcinogenicity, teratogenicity and toxicity testing has been questioned.

It's called RISUG (Reversible Inhibition of Sperm Under Guidance) it's a new procedure finishing up it's clinical trials right now (been in testing for a decade) that completely prevents any risk of impregnation without ANY kind of surgery. 

Now you tell me :D

I had a vasectomy 31 years ago. No horror stories. No pain. You have to wait awhile before you start shooting blanks.

Best thing I ever did. I forgot that you can make babies with that thing. For me, it's just for fun!

Have gotten rid of a few clingy TG's who wanted to have a baby with me when I explained I can't make a baby but can have fun. I realized they wanted to have a baby so they could get their hooks into me long term. It's part of the game, guys.

I have two daughters who are older than the gals I have bonked here. Some gals are even younger than my grandsons! Ain't life grand?

Little Roy :clap2

Lemons ,

why can't you just get a tattoo ,Like most do .

Joe :P

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :nod :D :rolleyes: