Dear Greg,

>

> Thank you for your interest in our services at

> Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

>

> The approximate cost for vasectomy under local

> anaesthesia is 15,000 baht.

>

> The vasectomy procedure take only 30 minutes to an hour.

>

> Regards,

>

> Reina Rances

> International MarCom Division

> Bangkok Pattaya Hospital

Email: bphint@bgh.co.th

From Pattaya International Hospital

Dear Greg,

Thank you for your trust in our service. TH cost for vasectomy is about 9,000 - 10,000 Thai baht you need to see doctor first for examine and estimate cost again before operation. Clinic open on Sat at 2.00 - 4.00 pm. For more information please call 038-428374.

Best regards,

Out Patient Department

Email: picpih@loxinfo.co.th

There was one doc amongst us offering to do me with his left hand right then and there at the FLB, but I politely declined. :rolleyes:

Still yet to have the cut as the never enough time. :frustrated

Thanks Mate, I will follow those up.

Lemons

Well before you go for the snip (and all the likewise horror stories the boardies like to share) can I give you another option ?

It's called RISUG (Reversible Inhibition of Sperm Under Guidance) it's a new procedure finishing up it's clinical trials right now (been in testing for a decade) that completely prevents any risk of impregnation without ANY kind of surgery.

It's ONE shot that destroys every sperm that your body creates without having to have sharp blades and prying hands trying to break your balls. The best part is 1 shot lasts about 10 years, it's 100% reversible with a second shot at any time, and there's no downtime recovering. Hit the clinic get the shot back in the bar porking by nightfall.

Here's a link for more info, with any luck it will be available soon.

RISUG

Thanks mate. I will definately check this out!

Lemons

So when will this RISUG be available? Approximate costs?

It's passed all it's trials and SHOULD be available for commercial use in india in the next year (18 months at the worst) or so though they are getting a bit of heat from certain groups (U.S. Drug companies, womens groups, etc) due to the cost and effectiveness. It puts reproductive choice completely into men's hands and just about every women's group hates it.

The drug companies loathe it for the price issue, since it's non-hormonal and doesn't require more than one treatment (that's where the companies make their money) it's gonna kill their cash flow. Birth control drugs are a billion dollar a year market and they cause a whole schload of medical problems which require other drugs to treat.

The base cost of Risug materials are under $20 (USD) and the procedure is supposed to be marketed at around $ 200 at the most. You'll probably have to hit an Indian hospital for the first few years since it won't get into the states any time soon, but that's a short flight from LOS. And it's definately worth it, I can't wait.

From what I've read, I don't like the sound of this. I know science moves on but sort of blocking something or coating it just doesn't sound right to me. Ease of reversibility also makes me think about how reliable it is in the first place.

Better just to get the chop I think.

From what I've read, I don't like the sound of this. I know science moves on but sort of blocking something or coating it just doesn't sound right to me. Ease of reversibility also makes me think about how reliable it is in the first place.

Better just to get the chop I think.

Well that's up to you if you wanna get the chop, just a little to permanent and painful for me. Plus as for reliability only one test subject has ever impregnated anyone after recieving the shot and that was because the messed up when they gave him the shot.

As soon as it's availabe I'll be stopping off in India on my to LOS and getting me a quick shot before paradise...

Hey I can write the trip off as a medical procedure and get some of the cost back. A win-win for me !!!

I got snipped about 8 years ago. It was a totaly painless procedure. I was a bit sore for a couple days but not incapacitated at all. For me it has been a very good experiece. No worries about the old I have your baby scam. Basicly a fantastic insurance policy.

Well that's up to you if you wanna get the chop, just a little to permanent and painful for me.  Plus as for reliability only one test subject has ever impregnated anyone after recieving the shot and that was because the messed up when they gave him the shot.

As soon as it's availabe I'll be stopping off in India on my to LOS and getting me a quick shot before paradise...

Hey I can write the trip off as a medical procedure and get some of the cost back.  A win-win for me !!!

Dude, no way in hell I would let anybody shoot my balls with DMSO...

Foolish to let Indian medicine anywhere near your nuts... (1.2 BILLION Indians BTW)

Good luck to ya

Joop

Edited by Joop
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a cousin who was almost crippled in Australia after having a visectomy.somehow they cut the wrong tubes?I am not sure on the full story?But he was in a bad way for months.His balls swelled up like footballs apparently.If I was going to get one I still would trust the devil you know more than the devil you don't.

On another note.What are you blokes worried about rooting bargirls without condoms for?You wont need a vasectomy if you protect yourself.By the way I caught gonnorhea in Pattaya and was using condoms.so they are not 100% but will stop her getting pregnant.Better to be safe than sorry on all counts.You can still get the clap with a vasectomy.