Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Arriving alone First time in pattaya

Check out the Alamo Bar on soi 8. Lots of friendly expats hang out there. Go after 3PM, Gary the owner is usually in by that time. Check out the Cherry Bar same soi.

when you get to town...find walking street.....the flb is just near the only tree in walking street....(not to be confused with jenny star bar...thats a hole other story).... wander in and introduce yourself to one of the mumasuns,tell her you are a board member....depending on whether kieth or martin are "in house" they will be more than accomodating (or is that culpable?)........................ :D :P

Hi

When the girls go through the "where you fom" routine with me I always say "very lonely, can't find lady in Pattaya" That seems to amuse them as you will never have a second without company in Pattaya unless you want to be alone. :D :unsure:

hello all, newbie to the site. i will also be arriving alone on jan 14. this will be my 4th visit to pattaya & probably my last. Will be staying at Sawasdee Sea View. Is it worth popping into the FLB bar??? I forgot to do it last time i was there in september...

Celtic

Just so you know the Mercure Hotel is abour 8 kilometers (5 miles) from the action. Although it is a nice hotel it is a terrible place to stay on your own. If you can change it, you should.

Deadman

It is always worth popping into FLB.

Guest Fatboyfat
Check out the Alamo Bar on soi 8. Lots of friendly expats hang out there. Go after 3PM, Gary the owner is usually in by that time. Check out the Cherry Bar same soi.

Gary has posted elsewhere on this board his dislike of Brits, and how he likes to gang up with Australians to belittle them at every opportunity; So surely the Alamo is not the place to recommend to a Newbie from the UK looking for friendly bars. 2guns

Celtic

Just so you know the Mercure Hotel is abour 8 kilometers (5 miles) from the action. Although it is a nice hotel it is a terrible place to stay on your own. If you can change it, you should.

Deadman

It is always worth popping into FLB.

Pete,

I don't know what area you consider the action, but the Mercure is about a quarter of a mile to Pattayalands 1 & 2. From Pattayalands 1 & 2 your about a half mile to Soi's 8/7 and Walking St. :rolleyes:

Gary has posted elsewhere on this board his dislike of Brits, and how he likes to gang up with Australians to belittle them at every opportunity; So surely the Alamo is not the place to recommend to a Newbie from the UK looking for friendly bars. :rolleyes:

whats garys username on these boards?

My mate and i met him in his bar when we were out there in july(we made the alamo our local,we were staying at eastiny place)and he seemed like a tidy bloke.

Gary has posted elsewhere on this board his dislike of Brits, and how he likes to gang up with Australians to belittle them at every opportunity; So surely the Alamo is not the place to recommend to a Newbie from the UK looking for friendly bars. :rolleyes:

This is NOT the same Gary you are thinking of.

Gary who owns the Alamo Bar is not on any Pattaya sites.

The Alamo Bar is a good place to hang out in the mid afternoons and get the party started.

A meeting place for expats.

John

hello all, newbie to the site. i will also be arriving alone on jan 14. this will be my 4th visit to pattaya & probably my last

Hi Deadman,

Hope your name isin't the key.

wacmedia,

nope, my friends call me dead because i tend to sleep alot when i'm not working. i'm getting married in march so this will probably be my last visit. But you can "never say never".

PS. last time i stayed in pattaya, busy all night & slept thru the day, the maids had to wake me up!!!

Edited by deadman
unfortunately it is, i've been avoiding it for the past couple of years but its time for me to to grow up & take responsibilty & settle down! :angry:

But what about your responsibilty to the economy of Thailand?

Not to mention the Twins need a steady diet of Strange?

i'll have to make sure this time round, i take plenty of photos & explore every nook & crannie of pattaya!!!

(maybe hypnosis to block out 30,000 thai girls when the new Mrs. is giving you shit:)

if the new mrs. gives me shit, its the next plane out to pattaya!!!

Edited by deadman