Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Arriving alone First time in pattaya

Celtic

Just so you know the Mercure Hotel is abour 8 kilometers (5 miles) from the action.  Although it is a nice hotel it is a terrible place to stay on your own.  If you can change it, you should.

Pete, are you thinking of the old Mercure, now called the Cholchan, which is as you say about 5 miles out of town? :chogdee2

Edited by monkeyman

4 weeks to the day & deadman will be alive & kicking in pattaya. This time i will definitely pop in to the FLB for quick drink! Good morning to everyone on the forum!!! See you all there between jan 14 to jan 24...

Sawat di krahp!

I went to Pattaya alone, from nov 23 - dec 13 (very die krahp)

Stayed in the Areca Lodge, Soi Diana Inn, off Second Road and Soi Bukhao. Chua? yeah Chua!

tip - be carefull in the traffic, also when walking and crossing, look towards both sides many times, I always walked towards the oncoming traffic, or get a bahtbus, mai pen rai!

Enjoyed my stay, my g/f works at an internetshop on Soi Bukhao, I usually drank a few at Pook Swan House before meeting up with her after she finishes work.

We went to Walking Street (Tony's, Lucifer, Killkenny's, big beerbar on righthandside, coming from the beachroad direction), Big C mall for movie, Royal Garden Plaza mall on Beach/Second road, Kiss & Food on second road, near Soi Diana Inn and to Jomtien beach and North Pattaya Naklua for the opening of a friends restaurant / Budhist Monk ceremony and delicious food offcourse.

We went to Krabi Province together, Ao Nang beach, Krabi Town, Railay, PhiPhi Islands, I really enjoyed myself and will try to go back in May, although that is when the rainy season starts, wanted to go to Pattaya and Koh Chang, but might go further South as the weather should be a bit better then.

Hope you enjoy yourself! Chokdee krahp

hey sexy man, where you go??? you want short time, can do long time also, mai pen rai, hahahahaha - me reply mai chai baby

tell streetvendors Mai auw krahp with a smile

I t would seem all your fears were realised and you had a miserable time. :beer

yes indeed, great time, but 2 weeks of Pattaya is enough for me, it seemed so quiet at Ao Nang, even more at the PhiPhi's.......especially the traffic and all the ladies and ladyboys not being there 1luv

Having doubts about May, 1 week Pattaya and 1 week either Koh Chang or Koh Samui with thai g/f in a nice bungalow with a kingsized bed at a beach,

if it rains......well....we will just have to stay inside untill it stops raining won't we now :lol:

three weeks to go...people before my final voyage to the land of the unexpected...!!! just thought i'll mention it on the forum again!!!!

Merry XMAS everyone & have a great new year, i definitely will when i arrive in LOS on jan 14...

i'll have to make sure this time round, i take plenty of photos & explore every nook & crannie of pattaya!!!

if the new mrs. gives me shit, its the next plane out to pattaya!!!

Just remember - If it has Tits or Tires, you'r gonna have problems...

oh well, the flight time is almost nigh. 4th & final visit to LOS. I'll definitely pop in to the FLB & make a toast to all that pattaya has to offer. See you there in the next few days...

Edited by deadman