Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Golf Programme - February/March 2006

Pattaya Golf Festival

Update - 14th February[/b]

There is just over a week to go before the start of the Pattaya Golf Festival. There are already some golfers in town and we have 6 players going out on Thursday and Friday this week. Looks like there is some serious practice taking place!

Here are more details about the programme that starts on 27th February.

Dates - 27th February to 10th March

The programme will start on 27th February with a practice round at Phoenix followed by registrations for the competitions at FLB that evening.

Monday 27th February - Practice round at Phoenix.

Transport will leave Pattaya at 0930 with tee times starting at 11.12.

Entry fee is 2000 baht including transport, green fee and caddy fee. Buggies are extra charge. We are planning to have our golf pro join the groups to give you some coaching on the course.

To book a place on this day please pm or telephone me.

[/b]Registration evening at 8pm at FLB.

We will be taking entries for the golf competitions between 8pm and 10 pm at FLB. Please make sure you bring the money for the entry fees for the competitions you would like to participate in. A round of golf on most days costs about the same as a bar fine and tip but lasts a lot longer! Even the day at Laem Chabang costs less than a bang with a decent go-go stunner!

Tuesday 28th February - The FLB Texas Scramble at Khao Kheow. Prizegiving and party after.

FLB are sponsoring a team Texas Scramble or Ambrose. You can enter a team of 4 players or take pot luck and we will draw teams from the individual entries.

Transport will leave Pattaya at 0900 for a 10.49 start at Khao Kheow.

The entry fee of 2,200 baht includes transport, green fee, caddy fee, buggy share, prizes and a party at FLB that evening.

FLB golf day parties are legendary - we have to party hard to keep up the form!

Thursday 2nd March and Friday 3rd March - The Catz Individual Stableford Trophy

This will be a 36 hole event played over 2 days at Burapha and Phoenix. There will be a prizegiving and party at Catz a GoGo on the Friday evening. Not to be missed if past history is anything to go by.

Transport will leave Pattaya at 0845 on Thursday and 0945 on Friday.

The entry fee is 4,400 baht which includes transport, green fee, caddy fee, buggy share, prizes and a party at Catz that evening

Sunday 5th March - Pairs Stableford at Laem Chabang

Choose your partners for a pairs Stableford competition!

Transport will leave Pattaya at 0930 for a 11.00 tee time.

Entry fee is 3,400 baht including transport, green fees, caddy fees and a buggy per player.

Monday 6th March - Ryder Cup match at Legacy Mountain Shadow.

We are trying to arrange for the guys we played in Chiang Mai to come down for this event. If not, we will make up the teams according to the regions eg Europe vs Rest of World. Transport will leave Pattaya at 0930 for a 11.05 tee time.

Entry fee is 2,000 baht including transport, green fees and caddy fees. Buggies are extra charge.

Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th March - Road Trip

I have offered the option of either a trip to Bangkok to play Alpine or to Phuket to play Mission Hills. No takers yet so I won't be booking anything until I get some responses.

Friday 10th March - Skins competition at Eastern Star.

Gambling is illegal in Thailand so you can make some pretend "wagers" on the course!

Transport will leave Pattaya at 0900 and we might detour into Bang Chang on the way back!

Entry fee is 2,000 baht including transport, green fees and caddy fees. Buggies are extra charge.

Martin and Keith are sponsoring the registration evening and the Texas Scramble at Khao Kheow. Thanks to both of you for this. Catz have sponsored the 2 day Stableford Trophy - thanks to Robert and Robin for their support.

I have advance bookings for some of the events for over 20 people so make sure you get to FLB on 27th to book your place.

I look forward to meeting both old and new friends.

Doggie

Edited by doghaus

Hi Doggie boy

I while be in town the 10 of Feb and while be there until the 20-21 of Mars.

I think I join the most of your program. I while stay in Thailand for 3 month so I am on a little budget.

I tell you more when the time gets closer. Keep up the god work.

By the way. I will stay at Areca Lodge. Have fun. :chogdee2

Be great to see you Suprice. If you are on a tight budget, I suggest you cut back on the shagging and save your money for golf!

Look forward to a game.

Doggie

FLB can hold the registration event, Feb 26, and we can sponsor the Texas Scramble event on Feb 28. As I recall, Keith may have told me he can even play golf, but I am waiting for him to confirm that. :P

I'm in town feb16th-6mar

as I have no intentions of bringing my clubs, i assume that when i hire a caddie she can rent me a cupple of clubs.

i'ld be more up for a one day event like the texas srambble, as i'm having exstencive dental work done.

maybe even the catz first day.

will watch and see what dates fill up

cheers

rb

RB

We can sort you out with rental clubs. It will be cheaper than renting at the course. Just let me know nearer the time which days you would like to play.

Sorry to hear about the dental work but you can always try holding the clubs in your hands! 2guns

See you there.

Doggie

Martin and Keith

Thanks for volunteering to hold the registration and for your sponsorship of the Texas Scramble. Much appreciated and I am sure the guys will show their appreciation by dropping a few bob in FLB during the festival.

Hope to see you both playing on the golf days and maybe you would like to join the road trip. I am sure that Moulee can look after the shop while you are away.

Doggie

you can always try holding the clubs in your hands! :rolleyes:

See you there.

Doggie

funny you'ld mention clubs and hands.

my mates have mentioned the very same thing, each time i get penalized for a knock-on!! :chogdee2

Slobbert

The only rule on our golf tours is have fun! We enjoy a drink and a laugh on the golf course and none of us take the competitions seriously.

Unless it is a game between Dungheap and myself for 100 baht.

I look forward to meeting you in February!

Doggie

• 2 weeks later...

No problems if your wife and you play in the golf competitions. We have at least another two couples who will be playing. Not compulsory for the wife to join in the evening activities.

Look forward to meeting up with you.

Doggie

After pulling in some favours at work looks like I will be able to make it for the Feb/March bash. :cry1 :cry1 :clap2 :clap2

Looking forward to some good days on the course and better nights in the bars. :cry1

Now have to go and book a flight.

Cheers :beer :beer :beer

Duece

Hei Duece

That’s god news. It’s too easy to win Doggie bath.

Maybe I have some real competition now. Joust kidding Doggie. :P <laugh

Its only 14 days before I am leaving. I am going to play some golf in Hua-Hin and River Kwai first.

I have also bookt one night and 2 round her. Something for you Doggie? Very god prices. They pick us up in Bangkok and deliver I Pattaya ink 2 round and of golf and 1 night accommodation for 9700 bat. This is for 2 golfers.

http://www.standrews2000golf.com/2004/promotion.html

Locking forward to se you all for some golf and a little fun. :chogdee2 :chogdee2

Hi Doggie.

Any update son? While be leaving for Thailand in 4 days and i need to now your plans and how and when to get in touch whit you.

Can’t wait to com over for some golf and ……. Hope to se you all son.

Pls send me your phone number and when you while be in town.

:nod

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Suprice

I haven't heard from you yet. I hope you have not disappeared beneath a sea of pussy! I have some golfers in town from 28th January onwards so you are very welcome to join us.

Hope to hear from you on the number I sent you.

Doggie

Golf Festival Road Trip

Here are two suggestions for the road trip on 7th to 9th March.

Option 1

A 2 day trip to Bangkok playing Alpine and one other Bangkok course. The programme can include some night golf which is fun. My suggested programme would be:

7th March - drive to Bangkok and check in to hotel. Shopping and a run around town in the afternoon and evening.

8th March - Afternoon tee time at Bangkok Golf Club- front nine in daylight and play the back nine under floodlights.

9th March - Morning tee time at Alpine Golf Club and return to Pattaya in the late afternoon.

Option 2

7th March - fly from Pattaya to Phuket. Check in to Mission Hills Resort. Evening trip to Patong.

8th March - 18 holes at Mission Hills

9th March - Tee off at Mission Hills around 0830, play 18 holes and then fly back to Pattaya in the early afternoon.

Mission Hills Phuket

To give some cost estimate, the Bangkok programme will cost about Baht 12,000 per golfer for single rooms. The price for twin share will be around Baht 10,000. That would include transport, 2 nights bed and breakfast accomodation at the Chaophyapark Hotel in one of their Executive Deluxe Rooms.

The Phuket option will be more expensive because of the cost of the flight and the fact that Mission Hills is a first class resort. I would estimate around Baht 26,000 for single accomodation and 18,000 for twin share.

I need to know how many people are interested in the road trip and which package you prefer. It only makes sense if we have at least 8 people.

Please either post your response or email me at sales@solargolf.co.uk.

Solar

• 2 weeks later...

Important - registration date for Golf Festival changed to 27th February

Some customers have booked a party at FLB on Sunday 26th February so we are changing the registration date for the Pattaya Golf Festival to 27th February. Please be at the FLB between 2000 and 2100 to register and pay for your golf.

We will be having a warm up round at Phoenix on 27th February. If you would like to play in this, please either PM or call me and I will sort out the transport.

Doggie