Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Anyone have any experience here? I've booked a stay in January, but it was based only on two reviews. Didn't find much on the search either. I was interested in checking out their condos while I'm there. What's the range for a ncie 1 bedroom condo these days? Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any experience here? I've booked a stay in January, but it was based only on two reviews. Didn't find much on the search either. I was interested in checking out their condos while I'm there. What's the range for a ncie 1 bedroom condo these days? Thanks in advance.

Mate if you look around they do have a web site :chogdee2

Bigmike.

I have wondered if it is a reasonable alternative to the Sandy Spring, maybe a bit cheaper, maybe a bit more apartment for the same cost, maybe a little higher quality finishing as its new. I also wonder if the units have decent balconies. I'd be interested in reading about the experiences of BMs in this place.

I stayed there the first week they were open back in late September or early October. I have a review posted in the hotel section - very nice rooms all brand new. Nice restaurant that was still getting sorted out during my stay.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff to you and your guests. Rooms similar size to Sandy Springs, there is no bath tub but an excellent large 3 sided shower with plenty of room for 2 or 3. There is no pool so the balconies are not as good as the pool side balconies of the Sandy Spring. My room faced the large construction project next door so basicaly no useable balcony. Not sure about the higher floors (I was on the 2nd floor) or the other side.

Does have an in room safe large comfortable bed and a good reception and a good selection of channels on the TV. Of course it has the great Soi 13 location also.

I went there few weeks ago to take a look at two different type of rooms. One on the 2nd floor, this room is hotel (not for sale), the lay out and size are normal (all normal double bed) and I think it is slightly smaller then Sandy Spring, simple furniture and is quite different from those you see on their website. Another type of room I visited was one room apartment and that is for sale (asking price Bath 4.2 million per unit). This room is nicer and is bigger than those on the first and second floors.

I was offered by the hotel manager there for a three days stay at the one room apartment on the 5th floor at the price of Bath 2,500 per night as some of the owners who bought it engaged them to lease out the unit on their behalf. I intend to approch them again during the low season to see whether I can get a good bargain as I like the one room apartment.

The rooms are certainly fininshed well and yes there are still apartments for sale in the building. I would think that the apartments will be avialble for some time> Lets face it for over 4 million baht, no pool, no views, some of the rooms are actually quite dark with the buildings around i believe there are better value properties avialable. If you do get the notion to purchase make sure lock in the maintanance fees water & electric charges per unit. Also a very detailed contract defining the hotel responsilbilties to his condo owners.

• 1 month later...

I know this is kind of an old thread and I have read over the website and reviews and threads with as much information as I can. However this hotel is quite new and I like the location and the price. Has anyone stayed here recently? It seems the number of threads regarding this subject is thin as it is so new. -_-

Hi, I am currently in a suite costing 2500b. Very nice pad for the price. Living room with sofa and chairs. Large TV and DVD player. Separate kitchen with fridge full of drinks. Large bedroom with TV. Good bathroom with large shower area. Everything looks pretty new to me.

I have a very large balcony overlooking soi 13 which goes around the apartment in a an L shape. They do room service. It has an inroom safe.

However, my view is not very exciting, Soi 13. Also, they did tell me you can hear construction work on Soi 13 in the morning. I am moving to the back of the hotal tomorrow to avoid any noise. Today, I took the only room they had.So far no complaints. When I get the chance I will post some photos. Off out to eat now.

Johnboy,

Thanks for the reply. Useful information, hope you have a good trip. It seems no one else has stayed here.

I was there in January and wrote up a review. All in all, I was pretty happy with my stay there. I'm at Sabai Lodge right now and think that Whitehouse is a much better value.

Well - let me add my sad experience. Sure it is an ok building and should have possibilities to become something. But the management has obviously never run a hotel - or condotel as they prefer to call it. When I recently stayed there the staff was very unattentive and ignorant.

Had a large waterleakage in bathroom. Told them again and again to get it fixed and did so politely. Finally they sorted it out. No appologies or reduction on the bill. Lots and lots of little stupid details that is amazing to see it has passed a serious planner. Doors for instance has to be locked manually by you when you leave! Forget it and just shut the door - and it is open! Also uses ancient key system instead of normal key cards. Awkward since you must leave in and take out of the reception all the time. There is no reading lamp by the bed. Internet hook up plug (which is good they have of course) is located UNDER the tv set, which means you need a long cord to connect your laptop. No wireless.

The toiletbowl is ridiculously small and I have a normal butt. For the big guys it must be a strain! Had no hot water in shower first night. Day after explained by the idiotic comment that I had turned the faucet the wrong way!! Shows perhaps really well how they see customers. :ang2

Noise from construction across the street very disturbing. And view is non-existant.

Tried restaurant for small meals only. Service absolutely a joke. No other visitors there both times and I understand why. Noone took any interest in you and you had to hawler to get some attention. When I called for the waiter to ask for a cup of coffee - she brought the bill...... and was eyeballed and big sighs when she actually had to get the bloody cup of java. No training in customer relations there!

It seems to me this all comes down to the poor management and it showed very clearly the last day. After staying several days I was prepared to pay with the ol´creditcard. The buggers demanded a 3% extra charge to accept the VISA!!!! I have stayed in numerous places all over Thailand for more years than I can count and this is a first! I clearly objected and now the tone shifted in a moment. Ol´uk chap running the place came out and asked if I had a problem with paying said charge. Of course. Then he showed temper and started yapping about that I had a discount on the room (not true - same price as listed by the entrance!) etc but finally as I continued to refuse the charge they finally gave in and angrily took it off. Very very bad manners and clearly displays the whole feeling of the place - no ambiance, no experience in the business and just generally a place never to return to to! They even suggested I go out and withdraw cash from the ATM!!! The old geezer continued to mumble behind my back as I left the place - never ever to return again! I actually cancelled a reservation I had planned for a later visit.

There are many many more fun and friendly hotels to stay at in Pattaya. Stay away from this place. It is not worth the money - since it also includes shit service and a generally unproffessional attitude! Who would suspect bill padding on such a hangout! Blah! 2guns

Edit in: I forgot to mention another great disadvantage in this place: No pool! Unbelievable how a place who clearly wants to to try and be of a better standard can leave such a commodity out! You need it and want it when in Ptty - trust me! So if you are planning a stay - make sure your hotel has one!

Edited by BigSwede

In contrast to BigSwede I just returned from Pattaya yesterday and stayed 5 nights in the Whitehouse Condotel and was very happy with service and facilities. I had stayed there in September also (the first week they were open) and there is a little growing pains with this new place but I always found the staff to go out of their way to help and be friendly towards me and my guests - above and beyond most other places I stayed over the past few years in Pattaya.

True - there is no pool (supposed in the works soon) but the "ancient Key" system is the same found in most hotels in Thailand (except at the Condotel the key is easily removed from the oversized magnetic holder that works the lights and AC - allowing your to carry the key if you wich or for letting the AC to be run while you run out for quick errands - unlike many other places) I enjoy having to lock my door - prevents accidents IMHO. The choice of TV channels is one of the best in Pattaya I believe and the bed linens and towels superior to most places. My internet connection was not under the TV (which is easily moved) but along a strip on the wall just above desk level. My toilet bowel was normal sized for my American butt (we are not known for having small butts) and the corner glass enclosed shower stall is outstanding IMHO.

And 3% for using VISA - is there any place under 2000 Baht a night does not charge extra for credit cards - not that I have found. Besides there is a ATM right outside the front door if you are short of cash.

There is still some growing pains for sure - the inconvience of BigSwede's water leakage should have been compensated for. And I did have one inconvience when my guest locked the bathroom door and closed it while outside of the bathroom. At 2 am it took front desk and security a while to find the key (hopefully it is now conveniently located for future incidents) but they worked friendly, professionally, steadily and without complaint to resolve the issue. The front desk person at 1 Am on another evening had difficulty explaining to me how to make a local call on the phone - but he tried hard and kept at it till I comprehended and made it work. (just dial 9 and then the number but at first he kept insisting I use 001 before the 9 which just linked me right back to him at the front desk) They need this basic information to be located on a card in the room

No complaints from me - will stay again

• 5 months later...

Can someone tell me more aboute whitehouse condotel?

Is the Deluxe Room the price worth and can you barging for a lower price?

Are the rooms clean?

I'm planning to go in september is it smart to go there without booking?

When you make a reservation via email; give that any reception problems when you arrive?

No problems what so ever when you take 1 girl to stay overnight (given you the evil eye or remarks).

No bill problems by checking out?

Somebody stayed there recently that can answer me (the older opninions/reviews is very different about the condotel)

P.G. :clueless

• 4 weeks later...

I have stayed at the Whitehouse during two of my stays in Pattaya. December 2005 and March 2006. A month each time. The rack rate for the standard room was 1200 baht/day plus another 100 b/day for ADSL internet. Rooms are VERY nice as is the staff. For each of my first two stays they discounted the rate to 1000 baht/day. However for my August 2006 trip the manager refused to discount the rate for my monthly stay and further directed me to use the website for reservations AT THE RACK RATE. They have lost my business. Doubtful I will stay there again. So many choices for similar accomodations in Pattaya.

PattayaFest Website

I have stayed at the Whitehouse during two of my stays in Pattaya...........Doubtful I will stay there again. So many choices for similar accomodations in Pattaya.

Such as?

I've not stayed there, but took a look and I don't recall seeing another hotel in Pattaya with rooms of that quality **at that price.**

Is there a pool there? I've heard mentioned that they might be building one. Anyone know?

Apparently there was a pool built on the roof, but, last I heard, access to that pool has yet to be achieved. T.I.T.

Edited by Samsonite
Such as?

I've not stayed there, but took a look and I don't recall seeing another hotel in Pattaya with rooms of that quality **at that price.**

Sandy Springs, also on Soi 13 is "as nice" for that price (and they have a pool). They now have wireless internet (more and more places are adding internet to their hotels).

Sandy Springs, also on Soi 13 is "as nice" for that price (and they have a pool). They now have wireless internet (more and more places are adding internet to their hotels).

Absolutely Not!

I've stayed at the Sandy Spring (no 's' btw) and it is NOT anywhere nearly "as nice." Don't know how you could possibly compare the two.

Seems you were also at Topical Bert's. How would you compare that to the Whitehouse Condotel and The Sandy Spring?

Have you actually stayed at these hotels or are you trying to promote your web site?

Edited by Samsonite

The only problem I had was I had a friend of my thai girl that came over for a afternoon drink

and service desk DID NOT ALLOW 2 women up to my room for a drink ,Thry wanted me to pay

800 bahts ???thats my only down fall on tis hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup :clap1 :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead