Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Top North Guest House-Chiang Mai

Prices for Top North Guest House looks good. But dont have much info on this place. Heard more about the Top North Hotel (nearby) is OK but more expensive.

Anyone ever seen or stayed or heard about the room conditions at the Top North Guest House( dont really care how the lobby looks). Plan to give it a try next time in C.M. but dont know if it is a clean decent place or just an old worn out dump thats not worth the money?

Thanks

PT

I have stayed there, but it was quite a few years ago so it might have changed a lot.

It is budget priced accommodation, so don't expect anything fancy. The rooms are clean but basic - no TV, no fridge and single beds. I would say it more suited to backpackers and families on budget. On the plus side, it is in a good location.

Personally, I wouldn't consider staying in a place without those amenities. I think you would be better off paying a bit more and staying in the Top North Hotel.

Phantom i replied to the same post in Bktonite. but in case you didnt check. TN guesthouse is mainly backpackers. IMHO having stayed at the TN hotel many times the last Aug 05, i rate this much better on all aspects. GF also. The pool is small but clean doubt if you will get TG in the water for the next couple months as its pretty cold up there at the moment.

Another option may be the Montri hotel on Moon Muang Rd, Thapae Gate. approx 720 baht per night, gf, great service and internet cafe. rooms here better than TN but no pool. hope that helps.

Phantom i replied to the same post in Bktonite. but in case you didnt check. TN guesthouse is mainly backpackers. IMHO having stayed at the TN hotel many times the last Aug 05, i rate this much better on all aspects. GF also. The pool is small but clean doubt if you will get TG in the water for the next couple months as its pretty cold up there at the moment.

Another option may be the Montri hotel on Moon Muang Rd, Thapae Gate. approx 720 baht per night, gf, great service and internet cafe. rooms here better than TN but no pool. hope that helps.

Thanks, just checked your replies.

BTW:having a pool not essential since found most Tgals wont go in water regardless of how hot it is outside.

Most important factors are location, condition of the rooms and bathrooms and of course--price!!

some people care how the lobby looks, have restaurant etc. but not important to me as I plan to sleep in the room and not the lobby.

Happy New Year.

PT

Phantom

I stayed there first time 10 years ago and again maybe 4 years ago. Last time there where a wide varity of rooms. The owner was the same, but still and elderly nice lady. I disagree a bit about the pool. Pool is small but nice and you will like a pool in Chiang Mai. I asure you.

Location is exellent.

When there visit Doi Suthep.

It's amazing.

Even a couple of bars with ladies in that soi :clueless

Give it a chance and let us know.

Best wishes.

thaidane