Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Airways LHR to BKK

Hi all. Hope someone can help with this question.

Whenever I have travelled before from London to Bangkok, I have used EVA Air, which I have found to be good. Certainly since the "upgrade" in the planes. There now seems to be more leg-room in cattle class, t.v. monitor in seat in front etc.

I travelled once with Qantas but would not wish to repeat that experience.

My question concerns Thai Airways. How does this compare to Eva in terms of comfort, service, leg-room, entertainment etc.? I am thinking of trying Thai Airways but do not want a miserable long-haul flight.

Thanks

Hi

IMO there is not a lot of difference between them. Neither like to keep the alcohol flowing, 2guns but Thai's food is better. I like a direct flight so have used these and BA/Qantas. Personally have found BA always better than others for drinks. . Lots don't seem to like Thai but probably my favourite because of food and air quality in cabin.

Back in May Thai Air did not have monitors in the seatback. Now I flew with SAS and they have it and that is better but as I always take a sleeping pill it does not matter to me. You can go to Seat Guru or similar to cheek the legrom.

i normally fly thai but a few months ago i went with eva-air, as said really not difference comfort wise (i think thais food is better as wee-ll!) but i dont take that into consideration, what i take into account are the prices, and arrival times and departure times! obviously thai have more flights, but! eva has seat back tv screens , whereas thai doesnt!so its up to you! if a personal tv screen is what you want then go with eva if not go for the best deal! whoever you fly with join their frequent fliers club before you go! good luck

Best comparison at the moment is that Thai are cheaper. Airline Network have fare of £449 for departure until 7th April.

Last Minute .com have fare of £398 on Ethihad for same period.

Richerts

Best comparison at the moment is that Thai are cheaper. Airline Network have fare of £449 for departure until 7th April.

Last Minute .com have fare of £398 on Ethihad for same period.

Richerts

Both Thai and BA/Qantas are generally available from the reputable agents for between 445 and 450 quid up until easter week. For travel after easter the price drops to 424 quid for Thai through to the summer high season. For indirect flights both Gulf and Etihad are retailing at 395-405 quid and Qatar about 20 quid more than that. All prices incl taxes etc.

It's worth using Pricerunner to identify which agent has the cheapest fare on your preferred travel dates.

Tom

Phillip,

Book through Airline network for a good deal. But book earlyish!!

Although I generally book sooner rather than later, I am holding back booking my trip in June for a couple of reasons. Firstly, to see what effect Etihad's start-up and Qatar's increased frequencly from MAN will have on fares and secondly, what effect the World Cup will have on fares.

Tom

i wanna fly out on march 30 or 31 this year, likewise i mormally book early but i havent yet!i normally go thai , but i went eva in oct. i think i prefer eva (purely for the tv screens!-as i will be going with my wife and 10 year old daughter!) but thai is better for the reason of having more frequency of flight! (and my wife likes thai!) but i dont like the fact that you only get 50% of mileage with V and W Tickets! so i think ill gamble and wait until the end of this month and see if west-east or e-bookers or somebody will drop to the £400 mark! (well they did last yar to £360ish!)

I love to save money and popping a valium or 2 and going coach is one hell of a way to go versus business class/evergreen etc.

I always recommend people do this and then use the saved money to either buy some nice goods or check into a far better hotel/room.