Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

stayed here 3 times, very good, inroom safe in the new wing, no guest hassles. if you contact them directly, you might be able to get the standard double in the new wing for about 1000baht...

would have stayed on my final visit on jan 14th but they're fully booked. :cry1

Edited by deadman

I have been there many times. I go there next month back again. I book standard room from new wing for a month diredtly by internet, paid 1000 baht/day.

Gona

The cheap rooms ARE cheap..tatty in fact but location and pool probaly make this a good option. If you get there better rooms ask for one over looking the pool.

Did not like the buffet as it was never hot enough but then again across the road from KISS where I prefer to eat.

Hi I stayed at the Lek for 14 weeks in 4 separate rooms and 3 of those were in the old wing where I did not find them to be either cheap or tatty, I stayed in the new wing for only two days whilst my AC was fixed and found them not much different than the old wing but much more expensive granted they had more recent decoration and were a little larger, but the price difference was so large I would never pay the difference, but I am a poorly paid truck driver who will happily sleep in the cab of his truck, and get a good nights sleep so what do I know.

The fact is in low season my two visits were for 6 and 8 weeks and the price was 700baht the first time and 650baht the second time as I was known to them, and haggled.The hotel is centraly located with a great pool and all the food joints you could want within a stones throw and all for a paltry sum, what some people expect for £8.50 a night is beyond me.first trip june /july second trip may /june /july

Edited by sinbinjack
  • 2 weeks later...
Btw, is it worth emailing the Lek to reserve a room or don't they bother with that?

you can book it or take a chance that it wont be full ,in April I dont think it will be full, though it is a popular hotel all year round.

Last time I was there at the Lek it poured with rain in the evening. I was able to get out the front door,turn right, some one threw me a umbrella from the bar next door and I had a couple of great evenings there. This is a plus. It has a good number of ladies, all friendly, good music and cheapish drink.

A real plus for the place

Btw, is it worth emailing the Lek to reserve a room or don't they bother with that? :sosad

They do bother with emails as they've just confirmed my booking.

Now, i wonder if they will remember that when i arrive? :rolleyes:

Guest Fatboyfat
I had run in with a very bad bell boy on my first visit to Pattaya about 5 years ago, which put me off this hotel.

Is that tosser still there ? :eyecrazy He was a nightmare back in the early 90s ! :clap2

Hi, "newbie" here.

Would like to ask you guys who booked in advance and got the discount price of B1000 for a standard room in the new wing.

Did you have to pay in advance too?

I emailed them asking for a long stay discount and they got back today with something like:

"Ok, B1000/night but you have to pay in advance"

I'm going to stay for 20 nights in june and I don't feel comfortable with paying the whole amount, B20 000 in advance!? Paying for a few nights to validate the booking should be fare enough, no?

/vipw

I just stayed here in the begining of this month and it was 1800 for the larger in the new wing. 1200 for the smaller room in the new wing. 750 for a room in the old wing. I stayed in the 1200. From what I can see from their website, these rooms do not change in price according to seasons. However, if you ask me this hotel is a dump. However for location and 1200 baht and a in-room safe what do you expect. Also the items in the mini-bar are pretty cheap, laundry is cheap. :eyecrazy

Ok , tell them you need the room for one week and you know some one who

take the room at new wing on low season at 850 B and you want the same rate

they will accept and you will pay for only one week in advance and after 4 days

tell them you need the room for another two weeks and they will be happy by that

and they will not ask to pay in advance ,i did that with them and it wos ok.