Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

THAI SALE - LHR-BKK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers marleyboy.

Regarding the aisle seat and only ever getting one person jumping over you,whenever i fly on my own I request a Middle aisle seat if its 3-4-3 config,then you only get the peson next to you going over you ,the other 2 will go the opposite way.

cheers marleyboy.

Regarding the aisle seat and only ever getting one person jumping over you,whenever i fly on my own I request a Middle aisle seat if its 3-4-3 config,then you only get the peson next to you going over you ,the other 2 will go the opposite way.

ranger,

You should be aware that in the rear centre section of Thai's 747s (Zone E - rows 56-71 incl) the seat pitch is 32 and 33 inches rather than the 34 inches found throughout the rest of economy.

http://www.thaiairways.com/Travel_Destinat...aps/B7443_l.htm

Tom

I have just had an e-mail from westeast, the Thai promotion with them is £435 but they have Eva availabilty at £478 inc taxes(385+93). This seems very good to me, Out 1st Feb, Rtn 2nd March.

I don't mind paying £43 extra for the better entertainment and FF miles.

I will book this later today :lol:

Tom,

thank you for that very good bit of advice, i normally do ask for a rear seat, mainly because i find that if there are empty seats more often than not it is at the rear and a quick move just before take off can be worthwhile, but now due to your excellent knowledge i will get something mid plane.

I owe you a beer or two.

Ranger.

westeast have ignored my e-mails and fax for two days, the phone, you wait forever listening to some stupid do your head in music and I know why.

The EVA promotion with Ours finished on 15th and I suspect westeast fucked up and sent me the promotion price.

When they realised it was no longer available they just ignored my requests.

Now it looks like I will go Thai but I am not going to give eastwest my dough :lol:

Well Well, I sent a snotty fax to the westeast MD, soon after I got an e-mail, Eva out 1 Feb, back 2 March, £415+taxes.

I accepted and someone who sounded like one of the bosses rang me back and now I am booked.

Apparently a lot of confusion with Eva at the moment is because they are charging PL tax on all tickets to the agents.

It is costing me £40 each way more to fly with Eva, but I have my seat reserved in the zoo, row G, I will get my F F miles and also use the AVOD entertainment if it is working properly.

Less money for TGs :lol:

Just an update on my post that started this thread.

My friend has just booked a seat on the same flight via expedia and paid the same fare of 411.00. He was told that seats are selling fast because of the offer. There were only nine seats left on the outbound flight, so if you are still considering be quick before they have all gone. Good luck lads. :eyecrazy :unsure:

Gus,

The Thai route to/from MAN has been on the cards for many years.

The current situation is that Thai announced in one of last year's investor presentations that Manchester would be one of the airports it would commence operations to/from (nominally in 2007). However, they struggled to get 5th freedom rights to route the flights through a third country (India or Russia, for example). They cannot really link the route into another northern European city (e.g. Munich, Zurich etc) because the rules on crew duty time means that they would have to use an additional crew exclusively on the short European legs making the route unviable for them. However, they will start receiving new 777-300ER aircraft later this year which would be ideal to operate secondary European routes like MAN and Berlin non-stop. Given that scenario, my own personal view is that we shouldn't hold our breath .......... it would be a nice service to have but spring 2007 looks like the earliest realistic timeframe that we could reasonably expect (I read somewhere that they already have the slots booked for a 4 engined widebodied aircraft from Spring 2007). That said, it is not stretching the imagination too much to envisage them cutting loose from the North American market and using the planes that were earmarked for the US on European routes. Milan is already being served by the A340-500 that was originally purchased specifically for the US market.

Tom

The best seats with the most legroom in economy are 68,69 and 70 J & k .

These seats are right at the back where the fuselage narrows and there are only two seats in these rows.

The seats on the other side of the aircraft 68,69 and 70 A & B are reserved in case a stretcher needs to be carried.

In these seats you can stretch your legs out without touching the seat in front which is a great help when trying to sleep.

I hope this is of some help,

Bergerac.

cheers bergerac, just phoned and booked 68J out and 70J back.

The lady at thai airways did say J and K 68,69,70, are always amongst the 1st

reserved, and that for my flights I had the last one of the 6 on each flight.

Does anybody know if Thai operate front and rear exit @ Bangkok on the London flights ?

Thai only disembark from the forward doors in Bkk.

I never find it a big problem being sat at the back as most people dawdle along in the terminal so a quick five minute spurt will see you ahead of most people to Immigration.

I got B.A for £926 for me and the missus, not the cheapest but i like B.A. If you go on there website type in the departure date and it offers £220 for outbound, when you type the return it is £360. You have to keep changing the return date until you get a £220. I had to break the news to my missus that we cannot stay for 14 days holiday, we are now staying for 17 days.

:D :D :D Hey thanks BERGERAC for your advice re the best seats on Thai. Although I booked via expedia (see first post that started the thread) I was able to have my seats assigned by phoning Thai air offices in London. And I manged to get seat 69K inbound and outbound.

Thanks again for the advice.

Do they serve dinner/drinks etc from the front of the plane to the rear or from the rear to the front?? Anyone know??

All I need now is membership to the mile high club and I will be laughing all the way to BKK

Thanks again folks

:P :D :P :D

rascall,

I was able to have my seats assigned by phoning Thai air offices in London. And I manged to get seat 69K inbound and outbound.

Thanks again for the advice.

If you check the seat plan that was linked to earlier in the thread you will see that seat 69K has a seat pitch of 32 inches and is situated next to the bogs. You would be hard pushed to find a worse seat on the whole aircraft IMHO.

Do they serve dinner/drinks etc from the front of the plane to the rear or from the rear to the front?? Anyone know??

They normally serve the meals starting at the point furthest from the galley and work back towards the galley ........ not so far to go when they start running out of things etc. If you want to be served first simply order a special diet meal. (lo-salt for example).

Tom

The best seats with the most legroom in economy are 68,69 and 70 J & k .

These seats are right at the back where the fuselage narrows and there are only two seats in these rows.

In these seats you can stretch your legs out without touching the seat in front which is a great help when trying to sleep.

I hope this is of some help,

Bergerac.

Yes it was, just booked those seats!

Thanks a lot Bergs

Thai only disembark from the forward doors in Bkk.

I never find it a big problem being sat at the back as most people dawdle along in the terminal so a quick five minute spurt will see you ahead of most people to Immigration.

What about that suberb tip of heading into Terminal 2 (or 1 whichever is the one that everyone doesn't go to).

When I landed in Nov there were about 50 people in each Q but a quick walk to the next Terminal as I had to Q behind 1 person!

This has to be one of the best tips around

Redrackam,

I'm not doubting you but if you look at the seat plan it looks like 70 is right in front of the bogs, surely 68 and 69 are OK?

The problem with Thai is that because the aircraft does not have audio/video on demand (AVOD) everyone finishes watching the movie at the exact same time and then think it is a good idea to head straight to the toilets resulting in a whole bunch of folk congregating around the general area of rows 68-70. It can begin to feel really claustrophobic with a succession of fat farang arses being stuck in your face if you are sat in the last three rows IMHO.

Tom