Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 241 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

THAI SALE - LHR-BKK

For those that have flown direct from Heathrow, which would be your preferance, Thai Airways or Eva Air, given equality on ticket price?

I flew with Thai last year, and it was a good flight, but it did not have a seat back tv. Is that the case with all Thai Airways flights from LHR ? and do Eva Air have seat back tv ? It is not the be all and end all, but it does make the flight a little more comfortable.

:clueless

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personnaly prefer Eva

The new 777 have the entertainment system in the back of the seat and this does help to make the flight more enjoyable

The only problem is the return flights

Eva only fly out of Bangkok once a day at 12.35 which mmeans leaving Pattaya about 8am so this time I am flying with Thai as they do a flight at 12.10am so I get to sleep in on my last day and by doing so I can fully enjoy my last night out with friends

Tom,

While there is only one screen for the movie, on the night flight only one film is shown and this usually finishes soon after the meal service.

I always travel in the last 3 rows of seats and there is definitely a lot more room than the 34 " in the rest of the cabin as they have 3 rows of seats corresponding with 4 in the centre section even allowing for the reduced pitch on the 7443 rear centre section.

If you are a person who likes to watch the movie do not sit near the rear as there is always one person sitting in your direct view who will stand up to talk to people behind or decide to make an inventory of their carry on in the overhead locker ( Why is there always at least one person who does this do the airline deliberately put them on the aircraft so when they sit down we forget about other gripes ? ).

:rolleyes:

Bergerac.

If your a budget baller like me you can find deals from LHR to BKK for 330 to 380 pounds. while makeing your search with last minute.com or travelocity do several searchs checking several dates around the time you want to leave I found deals in the price range quoted above.

Booked with onlinetravel.com Leave LGW on 5th april 2006 Change at Abu Dhabi and then onto BKK.Return on 23rd April. Total cost including Taxes £383.40 flying with Etihad.Couldnt find cheaper anywhere else and im a tight arse so believe me i did some searching!!!!!

Gulf Air is selling at around 330-335 quid incl taxes through Travelmood/www.flynow.com and most of the established agents. The offer dates are up to 31 May and the booking period is valid until 28 Feb. Loads of other bargains around incl Etihad for the remainder of the year up to the Xmas high-season.

http://www.flynow.com/site/hotoffers/fligh...efault_asia.asp

Anyone know of any sites that give you the ticket class at time of booking ... as i have the air miles to upgrade. i think i'm right in saying the Thai ticket for around 420 have a w class which you can not upgrade on

if you are looking specifically for Thai or EVA then you could try BKK Travel Ltd (London) on 01372 747 695 or 01372 743 115

This is Thai run company based in London who always seem to get slightly better deals than available on the internet. They also seem to be able to get seats when some of the websites say they are fully booked.

Well worth a call to find out anyway.

BUYER BEWARE !!

booked with Expedia BUT they & lastminute are a tricky; this what I got back:

Purchased and awaiting confirmation from the airline that the tickets are available at this price. We have sent your purchase request to the airline. Please check back after 24 hours for confirmation :angry2

Thankfully mine is ok but wud be surprised if lastminute can homour the 378inc theyre still quoting on their website today ...

Happy Mongering

:beer :bow

I am sure that this question has been asked a thousand times but not sure what the current score is. Does anyone know when the new airport is going to open? Why is it taking so long? I just wanna get to PTY as quick as poss.

:lol: :D

:D :beer

I am sure that this question has been asked a thousand times but not sure what the current score is. Does anyone know when the new airport is going to open? Why is it taking so long? I just wanna get to PTY as quick as poss.

:D :D

"PM reaffirms Suvarnabhumi Airport to open late June

BANGKOK, Jan 28 (TNA) - Repairs to the catering kitchens section of Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) at Bangkok's new Suvarnabhumi International Airport which burned during a fire earlier this month will be completed within five months, in time before the airport is open for commercial purposes, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Saturday.

In his weekly radio address, Mr. Thaksin said only 30 per cent of the facility was damaged during the fire and only some parts of the structure need heavy repair.

Repairs will be completed within five months, and the airport will be opened for commercial service in late June."

Thats the official line anyway.

It's gonna be a while before the new airport is fully up and running. Some of the airlines are not keen to move there.

I have been reading the Bangkok Post whilst in LOS and it seem there are still many problems.

I think they have not yet sorted out which type of baggage trollies they are going to use.

Also they tested the auto baggage handling system and that had faults.

For anyone who need the latest news probably check out the Bangkok Post web site.

It will probably open in June with one aircraft and then nothing happens for a few months, my bet is that in November Eva air flight BR 068 will still go into Don Muang. :cry1

BUYER BEWARE !!

booked with Expedia BUT they & lastminute are a tricky; this what I got back:

Purchased and awaiting confirmation from the airline that the tickets are available at this price.  We have sent your purchase request to the airline.  Please check back after 24 hours for confirmation :bow

Thankfully mine is ok but wud be surprised if lastminute can homour the 378inc theyre still quoting on their website today ...

Happy Mongering

ANYONE in BKK /Pattaya Apr 15th - 25th drop me a line c/o j1jpe@yahoo.com :D

I had no problem with Expedia, I booked a London to Bangkok on Thai for the end of May at £414. I booked online late Thursday night, the booking was confirmed when I paid, and the tickets arrived Saturday morning! Excellent service.

They had Eva at the same price, or a quid or two different, but prefer Thai timings.

I was going to book with Airline Ticket Network as they quoted £410, but as I filled in my details, etc, the price went up to £417! I was still going to go for it as it was only £3 more than Expedia and you got an electronic ticket, but as I went to pay, they wanted to charge me 1.5% for paying by credit card! There was no extra charge for debit card, but I wanted my cashback so opted for Expedia.

• 3 weeks later...

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

My mate has just booked a ticket to BKK with Thai International travelling out 27 April, same date as me, and the price is still 411 pounds, including taxes. Still sounds a great price, same as what I paid when I started this thread.

Booked with airlinenetwork.com who worked out cheaper than westeast and expedia.

:D :D :D