Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Caution at bangkok airport!

When you arrival if you want to bye cigarettes in duty fee shop please not bye over two pax(20 small pax) because now have authority of customs dutics looking for make money from turist. :lol:

When you arrival if you want to bye cigarettes in duty fee shop please not bye over two pax(20 small pax) because now have authority of customs dutics looking for make money from turist. :grin-jump

Thanks toom,and do not walk out of custums after you pick up your bags,with a duty free bag in plain sight,they may grab you and search,and they are fining people for smoking in cars, 500 baht,both of these things have happened to our customers.paul

Hi,

Above post makes sense regards walking through any customs with duty free bags on display.Its a complete no no, but in 112 rotations at Don Maung I've yet to ever SEE a customs officer , in or out !!

Chivas

Edited by Chivas
Guest Fatboyfat
Hi,

Above post makes sense regards walking through any customs with duty free bags on display.Its a complete no no, but in 112 rotations at Don Maung I've yet to ever SEE a customs officer , in or out !!

Chivas

<laugh

You cannot leave the arrivals/luggage pick up point without passing by, and handing over your completed declaration to a customs official. Admittedly I have never been searched in over 30 years, but if they have been given the nod to make money........ <grin

<laugh

You cannot leave the arrivals/luggage pick up point without passing by, and handing over your completed declaration to a customs official. Admittedly I have never been searched in over 30 years, but if they have been given the nod to make money........ <grin

There are no more declaration forms they did away with them about a year ago :beer

toom, do you mean if i buy 5 cartons of cigarrettes and customs stop me ,they would sieze them.but would a back hander to the trick? :clap2

they pick their mark off the many video screens,for when they either need a quid,or look good for their bosses,they got winston in the carpark.and i think its only if you bring them in ,again i think the airport dose not sell them anymore.

their going anti eveything [more slings that way]

Last july i flew into bkk from manila with 50 cartons to take to the uk, x rayed my bag and that was it, 8 hours and 149,000 baht later i was free to go. Never again! I kid you not. I was fined around 4800 for each carton but could not get enough cash so they let me go, I was lucky to not have ended up in bangwang.

Last july i flew into bkk from manila with 50 cartons to take to the uk, x rayed my bag and that was it, 8 hours and 149,000 baht later i was free to go. Never again! I kid you not. I was fined around 4800 for each carton but could not get enough cash so they let me go, I was lucky to not have ended up in bangwang.

You And Winston should meet <huh :thumbup

I have come in to DOn Muang airport three times in the last 10 months and each time buy 3 cartons and 3 bottles of scotch. Each and everytime they did not search me or my duty free bag, maybe because there was only one bag total. On one flight they did racial profile in my opinion, they searched two muslims with turbans on... :D

I have come in to DOn Muang airport three times in the last 10 months and each time buy 3 cartons and 3 bottles of scotch. Each and everytime they did not search me or my duty free bag, maybe because there was only one bag total. On one flight they did racial profile in my opinion, they searched two muslims with turbans on... <grin

Yes I too have never been hassled upon arrival,but who knows maybe my turn next visit,IMHO just not worth the hassle. :rolleyes: <grin <grin

my mates sister and her friend flew into bangkok from manchester 2 weeks ago with 400 cigs over the allowance ,they were entering the car park,when a customs approached them and searched them ,cost them £650 and ruined there holiday !!

When you arrival if you want to bye cigarettes in duty fee shop please not bye over two pax(20 small pax) because now have authority of customs dutics looking for make money from turist. :lol:

So sorry them not staff of costom them from EXCISE DEPARTMENT STAFF! in back jacket. :allright

my mates sister and her friend flew into bangkok from manchester 2 weeks ago with 400 cigs over the allowance ,they were entering the car park,when a customs approached them and searched them ,cost them £650 and ruined there holiday !!

Seems a little odd that customs would wait till they reached the car park before aproaching them. This smells like a scam to me. Also I think the fine is 50 baht per ciggerette 400X50 = 20,000 but i can't be sure of the 50 baht per cig thing.

Sorry but if someone is trying to take back 50 cartons which will be for sale, so effectively smuggling, then they deserve to get caught and fined. Taking a few extra packets for personal use going either way and no-one cares.

I believe this story originates from someone who bought 2 of those giant packs of marlborough which are a thousand or two cigarettes I think in dubai duty free, and then walked through bangkokcustoms with his luggage and this huge duty free bag stuffed with cigarettes - pulled by customs, taken off down town and then fined for the fullduty on the whole lot at maximum posible prices (including being fined on the duty free allowance the duty free allowance!).

Being stopped in the car park is a definite scam!!!! there is no way "real" customs would do that, they are either off duty or impersonators, as happened to the old guy here in Pattaya a few weeks ago, when "immigration" caught him. If this happened to me I would say fine, lets go back inside to your boss, and get proper receipt etc.

The guy who was stopped after exiting Customs was a member here. I suspect that Customs were giving him every opportunity to stop and declare the excess cigarettes.

The position is quite clear. There is a limit on the amount you can bring in duty free. Bring any more than that in without declaring them is defined as smuggling. Smuggling is a criminal offence and if caught you will be treated as a criminal. If you chance your luck and get caught, don't start complaining about a spoilt holiday or about the size of the fine.

Alan

Being stopped in the car park is a definite scam!!!! there is no way "real" customs would do that, they are either off duty or impersonators, as happened to the old guy here in Pattaya a few weeks ago, when "immigration" caught him. If this happened to me I would say fine, lets go back inside to your boss, and get proper receipt etc.

There was no scam he was downtown 4 hours sorting it out at Immigration .

Can i ask a daft question or am i missing the point of this thread

Tobacco in Thailand is dirt cheap anyway. So what is the point of bringing duty free tobacco into Thailand and risking a fine for being over the regulations ???

Edited by vanhalen
Tobacco in Thailand is dirt cheap anyway. So what is the point of bringing duty free tobacco into Thailand and risking a fine for being over the regulations ???

Perhaps he prefers the imported ciggies to those available in Thailand.

I will certainly be bringing in a carton of my favourites when I return in June :rolleyes: