Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Can't seem to find many reviews about this hotel - at least ones that are within the last year. Anyone have some fairly recent experiences? Also interested in knowing more about their bar, sometimes referred to as the Hippo bar and at other times the No Name Bar. On the Forum of another site I read an older report where this bar is a short time bar and uses the rooms of the hotel. Is this the case?

Thanks,

CM

Tried to send you a PM on this topic but you can't get them (yet). The subjects on which you seek enlightenment can not be discussed in this area. Go to member's area for talk on bargirls and bars in general. Short critique of Welkom Inn: Go next door to Sabai Lodge, pay a little more and you can use all the "extra" facilities at the Welkom Inn.

Can't seem to find many reviews about this hotel - at least ones that are within the last year. Anyone have some fairly recent experiences? Also interested in knowing more about their bar, sometimes referred to as the Hippo bar and at other times the No Name Bar. On the Forum of another site I read an older report where this bar is a short time bar and uses the rooms of the hotel. Is this the case?

Thanks,

CM

Welkom Inn

Can't seem to find many reviews about this hotel - at least ones that are within the last year.  Anyone have some fairly recent experiences?  Also interested in knowing more about their bar, sometimes referred to as the Hippo bar and at other times the No Name Bar.  On the Forum of another site I read an older report where this bar is a short time bar and uses the rooms of the hotel.  Is this the case?

Thanks,

CM

Yes, that is the case. :beer :lol: :D

Tenqotodo & Cennn3,

Thanks for the replies. I didn't mean to ask inappropriate questions, and really wasn't seeking details about the Hippo Bar. Only wanted to know if they indeed used the Welkomm Inn for their short time rooms. Now I guess I have to figure out how I feel about that!!

Appreciate the advice on Sabai Lodge.

Thanx again,

CM

I think you will find that there are dedicated short time rooms that are not available for rent.

I am a great fan of the Welkom Inn but only ever stayed there once. I found the rooms very basic, small and a wee bit musty.

In my opinion the Sabai Inn, right next to the Welkom, is far superior and at a low season rate of 700b. for a standard room is a much better option.

I still, almost daily, frequent the Welkom and take the ladies from there the two minutes to the Sabai