Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

electric mobility scooters

I really do not know where you can hire them. Your first bet would be to contact either Pattaya International hospital http://www.pih-inter.com/

or try Bunrungrad hospital http://www.bumrungrad.com/htm/eng/main.asp for rental of a scooter.

You may have to consider renting one and bringing one from the US. I did have to do this with my father after he had his stroke and travelled to South East Asia. Hope this answers some of your questions.

Also, anyone in Pattaya or Bangkok, check the yellow pages for medical equipment, particularly rental of a scooter. I am sure there are medical equipment stores in both cities.

I have seen a query posted here by a member concerning the distance from Soi2 to the FLB bar in a wheelchair,so might be an idea to contact him.I am 95% sure of members "Nic" but will not post as still not quite sure and would not want to cause embarassment to him,suggest maybe a PM to MM for instance. :rolleyes:

I don't think you can hire them in Pattaya. I also use a scootmobile in Thailand but I always bring one from my home country. They are considered a wheelchair by the airlines and can therefore transported without extra charges.

My scootmobile is in the storage room at the Sabailodge waiting for my return. I bought a used one and left it in Thailand. When I return I will bring a new pair of batteries because they will be empty by now :-)

It's also important that a scootmobile is robust and fast in Pattaya, the traffic is deadly and driving with an instabile and slow scootmobile is suicide. Crossing 2nd road or Beachroad is like Russian Roulette every time. So the speed should be at least 15km/h.

If your friend can bring a scootmobile from the US it would be the best. I know that EVA air never makes a problen when taking one on the flight.

Edited by eddy35