Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 167 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

China Airlines revamped website.

Just checking into www.china-airlines.com I see that they've redone their webpage completely. Looks alot more professional than the last one.

I'm flying CI for the first time in march, looking forward to it, going to LOS for the first time in my life too.

I'm flying Stockholm - Amsterdam - Bangkok, does anyone know if you can get checked in for the whole flight at Stockholm or if I will have to pick my bag up and check in again in AMS?

thx.

:bow should have no probs checking all the way through only probs i have had is if the china airlines comp is not open when you check in early am. :lol:

:D on the way home we sometimes had to go to a transfer desk in schipol to get boarding passes for your onward journey as its with a different airline, but you never see your luggage till your in your home airport :D

bj :beer

Just checking into www.china-airlines.com I see that they've redone their webpage completely. Looks alot more professional than the last one.

The first page, what some call the "welcome page" has been changed and I agree it is better looking than the old "welcome page."

There is an International Standard for writing HTML so it displays properly. Mickeysoft, being the 800 pound gorilla, pretty much does what it wants and disregards those standards. Opera, and I believe, Mozilla, are wrtten to the International Standards.

Most of the China Air web site, other than the "welcome screen" doesn't appear to have been changed. However, there is one other new feature.

Now when you buy a ticket the last procedure is to type into a box a series of numbers that are displayed to the left of that box. This is a security device I've seen before on other web sites and it has never been a problem with Opera, my browser of choice.

When I went recently went to the China Air site to purchase a ticket, as I have many times before, I got to the bottom of the last page and found such a box and instructions to type into the box the numbers displayed to the left of the box. There were no numbers anywhere, let alone to the left.

So, I canceled the entire procedure, opened mickeysoft internet exploiter and started over. Sure enough, there at the bottom, to the left of the box, were the numbers.

So, what this means is China Air has re-written their web site to be compliant with internet exploiter and is thumbing their nose at everyone else. If I didn't have so many miles accumulated with China Air I would find another airline....

oh, well...... :lol:

just be glad youre not on a mac and that IE comes stock with XP! :) I realized as i browsed on a bit that the rest of the page was the same.. I hope they rebuild it all as it feels a little dodgy atm. I booked with a travel agent tho, nice fare too.

Mr He-Tet I fly out on 30th of March! I really hope i can get seated for the CI flight already at ARN, I wouldnt mind last row window seat. This will be my first trip to Thailand, looking forward bigtime. If you get a chance to review your flight sometime inbetween 25-th and 30th that would be fun (but I will fully understand if youre too busy :thumbup

Any other China Airlines advice you have for me? =) I heard u can get noodles at any time :clap1

:banghead :nod Last time i was flying to bangkok i was supose to mr he-tet when we landed, we where on the same flight, so we could share a cab to pattaya but i messed up big time and missed him totally, and this time it seems like 777 and i are gonna share the plane cos im flying out of Amsterdam the 30. with ci...

777 you can´t check in the whole flight in stockholm, the bags are no problem they will arrive in bangkok, but you have to go to one of the transfer desks and confirm the ticket, no problem at all and it will take 5 min.

see you

nce

Thomas Denmark

Same flight eh! nice! When you say confirm the ticket, does that mean that you get a preliminary seating at the first checkin, and just confirm it? Oh well, from what i can see on experflyer.com the flight is not yet fully sold out, hopefully there'll be a decent seat for me. I have approx. 2½ hours at AMS, will have to get some shopping done methinks =).

You can pre-book your seat with China Airlines up to 30 days before you fly . I always book through Gazelle Travel in the UK & they reserve the seat outbound & return for me . I usually get the wing exit seat - loads of legroom & no-one in front means you don't have somebody climbing over you to get to the toilet .

I can't remember the seat numbers but it depends on which plane you are on . There are seating plans somewhere on the CI website . Outbound last trip I got one of the new planes with the seat-back tv's & loads of movies , games & music available . On the return I had the old plane but I was that tired I slept most of the flight anyway .

I would try to get your travel agent to book the seats or call the CI office in your country .

Turbo, was that the 747 with seatback TVs? I know theyre refurbishing their fleet, but have not seen any pics of seatback tvs in the 747. I hope i get one, wouldnt mind catching a movie on board.

I booked tickets online with Travellink, will email them about seats, thanx!

Turbo, was that the 747 with seatback TVs? I know theyre refurbishing their fleet, but have not seen any pics of seatback tvs in the 747. I hope i get one, wouldnt mind catching a movie on board.

I booked tickets online with Travellink, will email them about seats, thanx!

On the last trip with China Air, outbound it was a recently refurbished 747-400. Very nice. Very similar to the 777 interior with all the new electronics.

On the return it was one of the older, yet to be refurbished 747-400s. If they haven't all been refurbished by now, they will be soon.

During '04 and '05 they also took delivery of 4 or 5 brand new 747-400s.

Edited by Samsonite

The seats I usually get are row 38 , seats B,C,H or J . I don't think you can prebook seats D,E,F or G as that is where the bassinets are & they keep them for people with small babies .

I also book with Gazelle travel in Newcastle, but was informed that you cannot pre-book a seat in economy class. You had to try your luck at check in :allright The plane I flew back in last Thursday had a different seat layout as the one posted i.e seat 28c was 25c great seat with all the legroom you could wish for.

Edited by Mr he-tet

it would be nice not to have someone recline into you... on the other hand u dont want children nearby... choices choices... haha. I will simply decide at checkin.. will be buzzin so much I probably will forget to ask.

I also book with Gazelle travel in Newcastle, but was informed that you cannot pre-book a seat in economy class.

I think you may have to be a member of their airmiles scheme . It's free to join & it only takes a few minutes online to sign up .

I'm already a member of their frequent flyer club, should be receiving my gold card after this trip. China airlines in London (0207 436 9001) also told me you cannot pre-book seats in advance for economy class. Normally travel 50-50 business and economy.