Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Upmarket Condo

Greetings All

Many posters on this board are looking to live somewhere that's comfortable but reasonably afforable, which makes very good sense. I am looking for something different though.

I'd like to find an upmarket condominium, which is luxurious rather than comfortable and comes with all the mod cons. I'm prepared to pay the market rate for such a place, but I don't want to pay over the odds for it. I know that Fairview properties have a website with some nice units on display, but are there other real estate agents operating in this market, so that I can look at a range of properties

If not, how can I find what upmarket condos are available and open for inspection ???

Roderick :grin

Hi,

Something like Northshore Condo which is being built at the moment would suit you. They have a website you can view, prices are high, but it seems a kosher company.

I have no special information on this, but I do have a personal observation. I was in Pattaya a few months ago and there was a new complex advertising itself with scale models and high pressure salespeople in the Royal Garden Mall or whatever it is called.

The scale models were excellent, the brochures professional and the sales staff spoke English.

And every single thing they were selling had not yet been built.

In the US (or presumably the UK too) one can downplay a bit of that risk, one supposes, but in Thailand it seems very dicey to me to park $150,000 on deposit with some firm, waiting for them to finish something that may never finish.

Was going to suggest you have a look at Northshore

http://www.northshorepattaya.com/

even though they are allegedly almost all sold out. In fact there are already lots of units up for resale from speculators who bought a year or so ago. And it will be very interesting to see how they fare.

Northshore appears to be the most desirable new condominium in Pattaya and will certainly give you a benchmark for your further explorations. Wong Amat Beach is another site of new condo construction. BM Jack Corbett has bought a unit there and I'd think he'd be a good source of information.

And in that area from the folks who brought you Northshore we have:

http://www.northpointpattaya.com/register_eng.html

And of course there's Jomtien with lots of stuff either available or in on-going construction. A free magazine called Pattaya Trader http://www.pattayatrader.com/ is available at markets such as Friendship and Foodland just after the first of each month and has adverts for both new and resale condos.

Caveat emptor, as there appears to be very little oversight of real estate agents here.

-redwood

When I was in Pattaya in December they were interviewing someone from the Nothshore project on TV. At that time they said they only had 10 units left unsold. What was more interesting was that they mentioned that they were building another project just north of Northshore that would be 40 stories high. I'm guessing that this would be located next to the Amarai and Soi Zero where they tore down that old hotel. If your not in a hurry, as this project won't be finished for awhile, I would suggest that you stop by the Nothshore sale office on soi 5 and ask for some info.

Emil this is the Northpoint condos I mentioned above.

"Raimon is drafting its second Pattaya project called “Northpoint”, a 400-unit endeavour at Wong Amat beach at Nak Lua. The 13-rai site was recently acquired for Bt400 million for a two-tower residential project that may include rental apartments. Cornick said its two towers would rise 41 and 61 storeys, respectively. Their spectacular design is expected to deliver new landmarks in one of Thailand’s fastest-growing cities.

ThE price per square metre should be about Bt65,000, said the developer. This includes all built-ins, kitchen sets and air conditioners.

The beach resort project comes on the heels of its “Northshore” on Pattaya’s Beach Road Soi 5."

Source : THE NATION : Nov 14, 2005

BUT THEN 2 MONTHS LATER THE PRICE TAG IS UP A BIT :rolleyes:

"The company will also be launching another condominium project in Pattaya in the first quarter of next year, after the success of its Northshore project there. Called Northpoint, prices here will start at 85,000 baht a square metre."

Source: Bangkokpost : Jan 16, 2006

Saw a completion date of 2009 on another website. I'd guess this would be both towers, assuming they get built.

-redwood

I looked into Northshore.

As of last week, the latest information I got was these units for sale:

Floor Unit No. Type Unit Area Price / Sq.m Launch Price

(Sq.m) 500

0 m2

7 706 1 Br. 79 65,500 5,174,500

707 1 Br. 68 65,500 4,454,000

709 3 Br. * 263 66,000 17,358,000

8 808 1 Br. 80 66,000 5,280,000

809 3 Br. 268 66,500 17,822,000

10 1009 3 Br. 268 67,500 18,090,000

11 1109 3 Br. 268 68,000 18,224,000

12 1209 3 Br. 268 68,500 18,358,000

13 1309 3 Br. 268 69,000 18,492,000

15 1509 3 Br. 268 70,000 18,760,000

and resales looked like this:

Northshore Resales List

Unit No. Size Br./Bth Selling Price

1703 (F) 117 sq.m. 2 brs./ 2 bth. 15,700,000.-

2004 117 sq.m. 2 brs./ 2 bth. 12,000,000.-

2305 (F) 112 sq.m 2 brs./ 2 bth. 9,000,000.-

2602 (F) 71 sq.m. 2 brs./ 2 bth. 8,500,000.-

2606 (F) 79 sq.m. 1 br/ 1 bth 7,505,000.-

2701 (F) 64 sq.m. 1 br/ 1 bth 7,500,000.-

2801 (F) 64 sq.m. 1 br/ 1 bth 6,900,000.-

2802 (F) 71 sq.m 2 brs/ 2 bth. 8,500,000.-

2804 114 sq.m 2 brs/ 2 bth. 13,500,000.-

contact info is:

Northshore Sales Office :

Tel : 038-488613-5 Fax : 038-488617

Khun Thasanee (Tik) Mobile : 01-516-0895, 01-907-1455

Khun Amara Mobile : 01-983-1057

hope it helps someone :nod

Northshore way overpriced and they can't even give away La Royale Beach. It has been advertised everywhere for months if not years. Again, overpriced.

I agree plus the building stood empty for many years. One wonders what all the sea air did to the steel in the building?

Everything is going to be advertised as High End while it is being built. But when they are completed I think they're all pretty much the same. Your best bet is to get into an established place and not try to speculate.

Speculate is Thai for profit margin

That Northshore development has been the biggest start, stop, start projects I have ever seen. I would estimate that it has been under construction now for 10 years.

Must be a money issue :drunk

That Northshore development has been the biggest start, stop, start projects I have ever seen. I would estimate that it has been under construction now for 10 years.

Must be a money issue

Everything is almost always a money issue.

There's a great cynical piece of advice I got 20 years ago from a one of those self made millionaires who lived in a modest house, drove a modest car and owned 5 hardware stores across the city.

It was simple. "Do not ever invest anything with anyone who contacts you first. By following this rule, you will miss out on a chance to earn millions 1 time out of 15,000,000,000. You will also miss out on being scammed 3 out of 4 times."

The guys on this board are sharp and cynical. Wait for stuff to be built before buying it.

Maybe it is just what you have been looking for ?

Jomtien Beach Condominium.

Desirable 2 room Apartment. 64 sqm.

On 9th Floor - 2 Balconys.

Tastefully re-designed, with attention to detail.

Western standard quality fittings + tiles throughout.

Combined - Halogenand Concealed lighting.

Solid marble tops in kitchen and bathroom.

Hot + Cold water at ALL points.

All wiring under plaster.

Air Cons + Central fans.

Living room : Incorporating kitchen and breakfast bar.

Sliding doors connecting Living room + Bedroom.

Bedroom :Incorporating fitted wardrobe with mirrors and sliding door into an en-suite bathroom, twin basins, and glass shower unit.

@ Baht. 2,400,000.-

Just call 068485065

Derycolin

Maybe it is just what you have been looking for ?

Jomtien Beach Condominium.

Desirable 2 room Apartment. 64 sqm.

On 9th Floor - 2 Balconys.

Tastefully re-designed, with attention to detail.

Western standard quality fittings + tiles throughout.

Combined - Halogenand Concealed lighting.

Solid marble tops in kitchen and bathroom.

Hot + Cold water at ALL points.

All wiring under plaster.

Air Cons + Central fans.

Living room : Incorporating kitchen and breakfast bar.

Sliding doors connecting Living room + Bedroom.

Bedroom :Incorporating fitted wardrobe with mirrors and sliding door into an en-suite bathroom, twin basins, and glass shower unit.

@ Baht. 2,400,000.-

Just call 068485065

Derycolin

I live in Jomtien Beach Condos.

They are nice, and the buildings S1 and S2 are fairly close to the beach.

They are not 32 sq. meters each,, more like 30 meters each.

I am happy with ours, but it is in no way classified as an Upmarket Condo"

Normally I would NEVER recommend buying pre construction but this small complex is being built by the same farang who has the Residence Garden and the Jomtien Boathouse. The last time I passed it they were pouring concrete so it is moving along. Here is the link;

http://www.jomtienbeachresidence.com/index.php

Has anyone seen this place?

Yes, they have a sales offices on Pattaya Klang near Soi Buakaow. The place was scheduled to open the 1st of March but its still months away. It located a short ways off of 3rd Rd between the Buffalo Bar and Pattaya Tai.

check out the Sails...www.grandeasset.com.....it looks unbelievable and the builders are very well known..I have no idea about sales prices,but i can assure you they are very high.It has a five star hotel next to it and offers 100 metres of private beach as well. It is in Jomtien area. I would consider this project very upscale.