Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Any information on Mercure Hotel

I will travel to Pattaya at the end of March for about 2 weeks and I am interested in staying at the Mercure Hotel close to 2nd road. I have seen it from outside during my last trip but I am interested in guest policy and other advantages/disadvantages. Anyone who has made experiences with this hotel?

Thanks in advance,

Blumi

I stayed there from Febr. 11 till 19. It's not really just beside 2nd road but they have a 24 hrs free shuttle bus going to 2nd road and from there it takes you 2 minutes to Beach Road or Walking Street. Hotel is Thai Lady friendly, even you bring 2 :lol:

Nice pool, breakfast and restaurant is ok, but not real European standard.

A lot of Chinese and Korean groups, sometimes a little noisy in the morning when they start to a tour.

Each room has it's own aircon located outside near to your room. Sometimes a little noisy.

Be sure to select a room with pool view! Otherwise you will have to lock to the car parking....

Have fun!

nextpic

Thanks a lot for the information. You mentioned a shuttle bus to the 2nd road which astonished me, because the location of the Mercure Hotel is between 2nd road and Soi Buakhaow, about 100 metres away from the 2nd road. During my last stay in Pattaya I stayed in the Areca Lodge and I could see the hotel just a few steps away. In the case we are talking about the same hotel, which has opened in 2005, the shuttle bus is a good service but not really useful to me.

Thanks again,

Blumi

I stayed in the Areca Lodge and I could see the hotel just a few steps away. In the case we are talking about the same hotel, which has opened in 2005, the shuttle bus is a good service but not really useful to me.

Its the same hotel however the distance to 2nd Rd is deceiving. Its located on Soi 15 which enters 2nd Rd near Pattayaland 1. You head east for a ways then north and then east towards Soi Buakaow. Its more than double the distance to 2nd Rd than the Areca. Still not a lengthy walk, but I wouldn't recommend walking it late at night as its isolated. Once they build that new shopping complex on 2nd Rd, hopefully there will be access through the shopping complex and it will be a direct shot to 2nd RD.

Right, me too, I wouldn't recommend to take a walk. It's very dark there in the night.....

Better take the shuttle bus, it's free and 24 hrs available and it takes usually just a few minutes waiting. There is a security staff of mercure at 2nd road who calls the bus upon your request.