Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Greetings everybody

After reading most of the threads, finding a lot of usefull information, i would like any info of a serviced apartment/studio for 1 month (May 2006) meeting my requirements:

Pool, Wireless internet, inroom safe/lobby safe, very guest friendly, not too far away from the action (Soi Buakhow/2nd Road would do). Budget around 10K for 1 month.

Any info/emailadresses/websites would be great.

A "friend of mine" :clap2 from last trip suggested me "Tycoon Place" opposite soi 9 on second road (or nearby). Anybody know this place? Should be a new development.. Cant find any info on the internet.

Cheers

Marshall

Greetings everybody

After reading most of the threads, finding a lot of usefull information, i would like any info of a serviced apartment/studio for 1 month (May 2006) meeting my requirements:

Pool, Wireless internet, inroom safe/lobby safe, very guest friendly, not too far away from the action (Soi Buakhow/2nd Road would do). Budget around 10K for 1 month.

Any info/emailadresses/websites would be great.

A "friend of mine" :clap2 from last trip suggested me "Tycoon Place" opposite soi 9 on second road (or nearby). Anybody know this place? Should be a new development.. Cant find any info on the internet.

Cheers

Marshall

Well you may need to spend a bit more money to get all of this.

I like Nova Park, but their studios are 25k.

Nova Park

Good luck

I stayed at Chokdee Inn (316/140 M.9 Soi Buakhaow) during December and January this year. They were charging 9000 per month during high season. Staff was good. Daily cleaning, change sheets, towels, in room safe, TV, fan, AC and internet access in the lobby. It's located about halfway between Soi Diana and South Road on Soi Buakhaow. There are several other places in the same area. One that opened just before I left right next door to Chokdee Inn was only charging about 7000 per month, although I don't know what services they offered.

I just found their card here is the website: http://chokdee-inn-pattaya.com

Edited by Braveheart
Well you may need to spend a bit more money to get all of this.

I like Nova Park, but their studios are 25k.

Nova Park

Good luck

They have a sign in front of the Nova park 15,000 baht per month and that is a good deal

Thanks for your answers.

Nova looks great, especially pool-area.

I am told there is a lot of apartments in soi Buakhaow area - any advice wether i book in advance or try to look around when I arrive - (will be staying in May - lowseason)?

Nova Park one bedroom suite looks pretty bare, 'DeLuxe' is a bit of an exageration.

They are far better equipped than the RG.......

Delux just means you are on the ground floor and can walk from bedroom to pool area.

Soi Buakow if for the guys on a budget.. The newer Hotels are new but they still have the Thai bare bones concept.

Nothing wrong with staying on Buakow and its actually becoming quite active these days. Thats just the scoop on the Hotels...

They have a sign in front of the Nova park 15,000 baht per month and that is a good deal

They are having a promotion at the moment and yes they do have rooms available at 15000 Bht a month,BUT electis extra,water is extra 50 BHT a unit,pay for room cleaning at 200 bht a time.

Pay in advance one month plus one month deposit linen changed only twice a week.So really IMO not such a good deal as thought,also require credit card details in advance.

These details were E-mailed to a friend of mine just 3 days ago!

Soi Buakow if for the guys on a budget.. The newer Hotels are new but they still have the Thai bare bones concept.

Nothing wrong with staying on Buakow and its actually becoming quite active these days. Thats just the scoop on the Hotels...

Whilst I agree in principle with your comments I would point out that the face of Soi Bukhaew is changing rapidly and I forsee within the next two years it becoming a major source of fairly priced accomodation in Pattaya.Although as you correctly say the present "Hotels etc" are not flashy,plus a swimming pool is still a rarity the standards and prices particulary for the 1 month visitor are very very good and in a majotity of cases the rooms are the equal,in some cases better equiped than their counterparts elsewhere.Included also in the prices are newer,bigger rooms that come with large fridges and dvd's a feature not seen in many other so called better establishments.

As you will have gathered I like so many others have adopted this area and do not even look further afield,transport,food piss and pussy is all readily available on the doorstep at a cheaper rate than other venues. :D :moon