Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best bank in Pattaya

While I have an account with Siam Commercial bank just across from Tops at Pattaya Klang and Second road, and never had a problem with them I am considering opening an account with Bangkok Bank. The reason is that they are currently offering a 10 month CD paying 5.125% interest. This is only during the month of April. The Bangkok Bank near Soi 6 on Second road ( actually it may be the corner of Soi A.R.) also has a separate line for expats which makes it less of a hassle than some other banks with their endless lines. Note that they will withhold 15% for the tax from your interest but that's still a fair deal.

Cheers

While I have an account with Siam Commercial bank just across from Tops at Pattaya Klang and Second road, and never had a problem with them I am considering opening an account with Bangkok Bank. The reason is that they are currently offering a 10 month CD paying 5.125% interest. This is only during the month of April. The Bangkok Bank near Soi 6 on Second road ( actually it may be the corner of Soi A.R.) also has a separate line for expats which makes it less of a hassle than some other banks with their endless lines. Note that they will withhold 15% for the tax from your interest but that's still a fair deal.

Cheers

The seperate queue is meant to be restriced to members of the Pattaya Ex-Pats Club (and possibly the Pattaya City Ex-Pats Club). The minimum deposit required is 100,000 baht and to qualify for the higher rate of interest the funds must be left in the account for 10 months. I think you can withdraw funds from the account at any time but will only get the higher interest rate on funds that have been in the account for the full 10 month period.

Alan

I have used Thai Military Bank for three years situated at The Royal Garden Plaza on the ground floor. Never had a problem & all my international transfers from the UK have been quick & efficient. It has an ATM outside which is great for a top up when they are closed or if you just wish to check up on your account balance, especially when a transfer is due. Ibb at The Residence garden recommended me to them & it was very easy & straight forward, very helpful manager & staff too! They open on Saturday mornings & most of their ATM's around town have been replaced with new ones. Never had a problem with their ATM's personally, but I use RGP mostly as should I have a problem I can retrieve my card the next day from them. I have a savings account with them with ATM card which works well for me. Large amounts over 20,000 can be withdrawn using a simple form within the bank. I use the ATM minimum withdrawal of 20,000 daily as I feel it gives me good protection should it be lost or stolen. It can't be used for purchases either only cash from ATM's. It can also be used to obtain cash all the other bank ATM's up to it's limit too!

Normally they do not get too busy, but if they are I've never had to wait more than 20 minutes. The other plus is that you can sit in a temperature controlled coffee shop or restaurant & wait for the queue to go down whilst checking out the babes!!!! Takes all the stress out of your day :allright :bow :lol:

Best of luck Davey H

I have a savings account with them with ATM card which works well for me. Large amounts over 20,000 can be withdrawn using a simple form within the bank. I use the ATM minimum withdrawal of 20,000 daily as I feel it gives me good protection should it be lost or stolen. It can't be used for purchases either only cash from ATM's. It can also be used to obtain cash all the other bank ATM's up to it's limit too!

Same Same with Bangkok Bank but it has a 150,000 Baht limit per day and I have no hassle of going in to the Bank for 20,000 baht as the ATM will give 25,000 per withdrawl.

If it is lost same same as well can not be used for anything other that Cash from the ATM machines.

:sh :sh Hi Soi7 ............. Yep, Thai Military Bank also has the 150,000 limit too, but I think it's safer just having the 20,000 baht limit. What I do is take out 20,000 & after midnight if I need it :nod :nod :nod I go again! Hmmm! I think it's a personal choice depending on your virility?? :clap2 :drunk :D :sh Sadly I'm getting to the stage now where my tender years are telling on me & all I need is pocket money! :nod :D :D Ah well!!! ............... It's still a great place to live & would'nt change a thing. Cheers & enjoy :D Regards Davey H

God in BKK has to pour the plastic

I opened an acct. at the little Krung Thai Bank branch on South Pattaya Rd - not far from Second Rd intersection. Nice folks. Easy paperwork on a standard tourist visa, no questions asked - maybe it helped that I could give a Pattaya permanent address (my TG's) rather than a hotel. That was the upside. With the sign-up paperwork done they then said 'your card will be ready for collection in a week.' ( I think God in BKK has to pour the plastic.) Bummer. I will collect it next week on my return trip.

I think the tip with Krung Thai is don't go to a sub-branch, try a larger one. And ask FIRST, how long does it take to prep the card?

PS. I love this site. Such good info sometimes. :puke

I have Siam Commercial bank now. Since I have been in Thailand I have had Kasikorn (Thai Farmers), Bangkok Bank and Krung Thai. The only one I had problems with is Kasikorn (Thai Farmers). I do think Krung Thai is the best of the bunch but Siam is a lot more convenient for me.