Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Im currently in the Whitehouse and im using theyre internet connection.

Its not Wifi, its LAN, they have a cable in the room.

It works perfect, very fast, i use it also for Skype or Yahoo msg to call home.

This is the big plus of the Hotel !!

1 Guest is allowed for free, each girl more you have to pay 800 Baht.

Im staying in the deluxe suite for 2500.

Internet is 100 extra a day, sounds much but in an internet cafe you pay 1 bath/minute, in the room i have 24 hours for 100 baht, so its cheap if you use it often.

Some Pros and Cons:

Pro:

-fast internet.

-nice rooms (can talk only for deluxe suite)

-spacious shower and bath with bathtub.

-aircon works silent and well

-kitchen, freezer

-silent rooms, only some low noises in the morning from the huge working area opposite of the whitehouse.

Cons:

-No seaview or any view at all. I directly look at a wall, almost no sun in the room

-hotel workers speak not very well english and were not too friendly in the beginning. its getting better after some days (friendlyness, english is still bad :D ).

-breakfast is poor. 2 eggs, 2 toast, coffee or tea, 1 bacon. If you want more you have to pay extra, also bf only until 11 am.

-small safe, cannot store laptop there.

-no tools at all in the kitchen, no fork, knife, plates, cups or whatever.

-expensive. But i only stay for 8 nights, so its ok for me. If you stay longer maybe check out the vault hotel (check Hotel section)

If you need to know more, tell me.

Psychodad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im currently in the Whitehouse and im using theyre internet connection.

Its not Wifi, its LAN, they have a cable in the room.

It works perfect, very fast, i use it also for Skype or Yahoo msg to call home.

This is the big plus of the Hotel !!

1 Guest is allowed for free, each girl more you have to pay 800 Baht.

Im staying in the deluxe suite for 2500.

Internet is 100 extra a day, sounds much but in an internet cafe you pay 1 bath/minute, in the room i have 24 hours for 100 baht, so its cheap if you use it often.

Some Pros and Cons:

Pro:

-fast internet.

-nice rooms (can talk only for deluxe suite)

-spacious shower and bath with bathtub.

-aircon works silent and well

-kitchen, freezer

-silent rooms, only some low noises in the morning from the huge working area opposite of the whitehouse.

Cons:

-No seaview or any view at all. I directly look at a wall, almost no sun in the room

-hotel workers speak not very well english and were not too friendly in the beginning. its getting better after some days (friendlyness, english is still bad ;) ).

-breakfast is poor. 2 eggs, 2 toast, coffee or tea, 1 bacon. If you want more you have to pay extra, also bf only until 11 am.

-small safe, cannot store laptop there.

-no tools at all in the kitchen, no fork, knife, plates, cups or whatever.

-expensive. But i only stay for 8 nights, so its ok for me. If you stay longer maybe check out the vault hotel (check Hotel section)

If you need to know more, tell me.

Psychodad

Thanks for the review Psychodad!

I was wondering, is there enough hot water to fill the tub, or does it run out quickly?

Also, if you do decide to bring more than one girl, is there any way to get her up to your room without the 800 baht guest fee?

Water is very hot and strong.

I did not fill the tub yet but it should be not a problem.

Sneak in: Hardly but not impossible.

The reciptionist is sometimes hidden behind the counter, so you could go straight into the elevator which is left before the reception.

But this can only work late night, during the day, always 2 people + belly boy at the receiption.

Thanks pschodad, I will be staying here as well in a couple of weeks. Not sure why people always count the workers not understanding English as a con in Thailand. I have only met one person in the past 3 years of mongering there that speaks really good english. They did not work in the travel industry and I have yet to run in to one hotel worker who works in resorts in Thailand that speaks well enough that you will not run in to problems. So two choices, either they can employ more who learn English well, which I highly doubt. Or learn some thai. :D

I had 3 "guests" in the room a couple of times in April (although not overnight). No problem with the bellboy or reception.

All the staff were very friendly, maybe just a little shy.

That's bad news about a fee for more than 1 girl. I like to bring more than 1 most of the time. I just confirmed my reservation but maybe I need to rethink staying here.

thanks for the info

For the suite it is 2500 and 3000 for double. This is what is states on the website. I know that for some hotels, you should book double so that you don't have problems bringing guests.

Thanks you helped me out a bunch. :clap2 Apparently they do have a single and double now. That's really fucked up 1luv When I made my reservations in March they didn't. I am in the process of asking the resort directly to see what kind of response I will get. And I did check now and then between then and now, so apparently it looks like they are moving away from girl friendly. A double will cover that if that's the case, but I ain't paying more they can :clap1

I dont think they change their opinion about guests, becouse on the counter there is a big sign saying that 1 guest is free and any other is 800 baht.

So they have a clear rule.

Another PRO point might be the TV program.

(After 3 days i turned on the tv yesterday the first time and saw that they have about 70 channels, HBO, ESPN, some Movie Channels (played Windtalkers and War of the Worlds yesterday), Discovery Channel etc.

Also, i did go to breakfast today at 11.10 and they still served.

You should only reserve a double room if you will check in as a pair.

You dont need a double room for a guest, a single room works.

Psychodad,

have in house laundry service? I cannot find it on the website, and so far they have not replied to my email.

Thanks!

Yes they have but they dont have a pricelist somewhere and you dont need it anyway.

There are 3 Laundrys right next to the hotel.

I gave 2 shirts in one of them today, can get it back tomorrow. I can tell you which one it was when i know if it was a good choice or not. (did not get any paper or bill).

Im sure the Whitehouse does not wash the clothes themselves but just give it to one of the laudrys and tripple the price.

Also you have 2 ATMs, 7Eleven just 20m away, dont forget Mikes Shopping Mall and Royal Garden plaza are just a short walk away.

Edited by psychodad

Apparently the guest policy is fine. I just got an email from them regarding my question. The e-mail is pretty strange, but what do you expect. They said that there is no problem with bringing guests. The charge is if you bring a wife/girlfriend who is constantly staying there. WTF does that mean :sorry I mean I understand it but I just don't see the logic in it at all and I'm guessing they will change their policy in the near future so watch out. If I have trouble :clap2 I'll report. :sh

Interessting pricelist, they have none in the room :)

If you use any Laundry outside the Hotel, prices are 1/3.

If you have much clothes do it there, for some shirts only its ok use the hotelservice.

Oh, another Con Factor i noticed:

They dont call your room back if a girl leaves.

Thats not a secure policy.

I just stayed there in February and was very pleased. Much nicer than Dynasty, and very comfortable beds. Not sure about guest policy, because I never had more than 1 a night. Must be getting old.

Here's my picture of the room. Sorry it's not more informative :chogdee2

password "cfi"

http://www.pbase.com/stevescottcfi/image/56746203

Edited by stevescottcfi

Actually it was a deluxe room, but the beds are the same. I will be there from May 27-June 4, but I'm trying out a new hotel called the metro. It is only 450 Baht a night if you can believe it. Free wireless internet, fridge, safe, and new. The beds will likely be a little less comfortable. It is located near Soi 11 and 2nd Rd.

If you're in Pattaya when I'm there give me a call. We'll hook up for a drink. 09 017 8720

http://www.metro-apartments-pattaya.com/apartment.php

I just stayed there in February and was very pleased. Much nicer than Dynasty, and very comfortable beds. Not sure about guest policy, because I never had more than 1 a night. Must be getting old.

Here's my picture of the room. Sorry it's not more informative :clueless

password "cfi"

http://www.pbase.com/stevescottcfi/image/56746203

You have very good taste my friend. <huh

I have stayed in the Whitehouse Condotel. I don't remember any charges for more than one girl. In fact I found I could come and go via the elevator without reception paying much attention. But when I was leaving the charged me an extra 100 per night for internet access which I had not used as I do not have a laptop. But they insisted that this was charged anyway. I had a steaming hangover and was in no mood for a fight so I paid up but I would be interested to hear if they try this with any other guests. I do think in a lot of hotels the staff are prone to try any scam they think they can get away with.

The little laundry shop next door(towards beach road) was excellent and great value.

Edited by johnboy1
  • 2 weeks later...

Stayed at Whitehouse last month. I can't add much to this discussion but I can verify the information discussed here is correct. I used a deluxe room and a suite since I actually stayed at the hotel on 2 occasions. The hotel is pricey for Pattaya but the rooms are new and fresh compared to others. It's location on Soi 13 is excellent. Soi 13 is very quiet if you like that. The hotel is a thirty second walk to Pattaya Second Road and a two minute walk to Beach Road. I used to prefer Residence Gardens but this hotel is nicer physical plant-wise. The staff doesn't speak English too well and they are not overly friendly but they are ok. Res. Garden staff speaks much better English and are more service oriented and efficient. Maintenance at the hotel is iffy, but reminders to all front desk shifts gets your problem fixed. The hotel needs some improvement in this area.

A two egg, bacon, toast, coffee breakfast is included. B20 if you want an extra egg, no extra charge for juice. Breakfast served until 11AM-good because that's later than most breakfasts. The coffee shop girls are very friendly. The owner is from England and he is around during the day.

The deluxe room should be large enough for anybody. The suite give you plenty of room. The suite has a huge walk in shower. Very big. The suite also has a tub in the bathroom. The suite has a TV in both the living and bedrooms. All rooms have in-room safes but they use several different brands of safe. Air con in the three types of rooms works great. The deluxe rooms and suites allow you to leave the room with the power (and ac) still running. In the regular rooms you place the key in a slot to turn on the power. I like large rooms but actually downsized from a suite to a deluxe room on my second visit. Regular rooms are fairly small like the typical Pattaya hotel room. Hotel is definitely girl friendly. Definitely no extra charge for one girl, I'm not sure if their second guest policy is enforced or not. It is possible to sneak in the elevator if you bring two girls in at night. But I wouldn't count on it.

Overall, I really like this place. Whitehouse is now my main Pattaya hotel. It costs a little more than the others but I don't mind. My stays in Pattaya are only 2-4 nights. I appreciate the fact that this hotel is still new. I would highly recommend this hotel if the cost is within your budget.

I just stayed here about 1 1/2 weeks ago, tried two different rooms the standard and the suite. The hotel for 1250 for the standard was really impressive. Smoked the LEK for 50 THB less at 1200 for their new wing standard rooms. Guest policy is no charge for the first guest and 800 for any additional which kinda sucks.

Edited by soibj
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh, another Con Factor i noticed:

They dont call your room back if a girl leaves.

Thats not a secure policy.

In 9 trips to LOS I have never had a hotel call me when a TG is leaving. That includes the Penthouse,Vault, Welcome Inn, Eastiny, Nana and Majestic Suites.

Ty_

In 9 trips to LOS I have never had a hotel call me when a TG is leaving. That includes the Penthouse,Vault, Welcome Inn, Eastiny, Nana and Majestic Suites.

Ty_

Lek Hotel always do that and it`s very nice thing and make me feel safe :rotflmao :rotflmao