Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flipper House vs. Flipper Lodge

Search yielded no information. Has anyone stated here recently. They both used to get good reviews, but not much recently. Do they have in-room safes? Possible too close to action if butterfly? Any/all comments appreciated. thanks.

:banghead

I stayed at Flipper House last May for 3 weeks,couldn't fault it for location,room in new wing fine-shower only.Rooftop swimming pool excellent,would have rebooked next month but special offer not available this time so will probably book into Flipper Lodge this time as facilities/location similar.

Would definitely avoid barfining girls from the Soi you are staying in as can get very awkward after a couple of weeks!

I like staying at the one on soi 7 (lodge) cheaper. have inroom safe, but only shower, not tub/shower.

been booked up my last couple trips, although if your going this summer (if i rember your going about same time as me early july) shouildn't be a problem

flipper usally runs a stay for twelve days , pay for ten or stay 8 pay for 7, or what ever you can negotioate I guess.

personally never had any problems with bfing in around hotel area.

stayed at eastiy inn across from cherry bar and didn't have any problems.

at most maybe cost me an extra lady drink or two when i'ld stop in and that was always my choice.

anyway if your usta the Areca, you might be happier in the "house" on soi 8 which is a little nicer and more expencive.

cheers

rb

i have stayed at the lodge. they gave a pay for 3 stay 4 deal 700 baht. the room do not look good unless you have had at least 2 liters of scotch. <grin 2guns

seems to be some mix-up in "rb"s message above.

Soi 7 "Flipper" which he's mentioning is Flipper House, whereas Soi 8 is Flipper Lodge. Flipper Lodge (Soi 8) has NO inroom safe. The 8 night for 7 deals and other are for May/June only as I'm informed, not for July/August. :rotflmao

seems to be some mix-up in "rb"s message above.

Soi 7 "Flipper" which he's mentioning is Flipper House, whereas Soi 8 is Flipper Lodge. Flipper Lodge (Soi 8) has NO inroom safe. The 8 night for 7 deals and other are for May/June only as I'm informed, not for July/August. :beer

The info i received in March via e-mail from both Flippers were as follows

Flipper House soi 7

Old Wing stay 14 nights pay for 10 THB 9000 @642 per night

new wing stay 14 nights pay for 10 THB 9900 @707 per night

This was for a stay in June,they never informed me of the length of the promotional period.

Flipper Lodge soi 8

Promotional period runs from may 1st untill July 31st

Stay 1-4 nights THB 5000 @880 per night

Stay 5 nights pay for 4 THB 4000 @800 per night

Stay 7 nights pay for 5 THB 5000 @715 per night.

The Druid.

The deal for the Flipper Lodge looks excellent! If you take this offer up do you have to pay the whole thing up front or just a deposit? Also is this price via an agent or direct with the hotel?

The deal for the Flipper Lodge looks excellent! If you take this offer up do you have to pay the whole thing up front or just a deposit? Also is this price via an agent or direct with the hotel?

I don't know about Flipper lodge,i've only stayed at their sister hotel Flipper house,and that was 2 years ago.However i booked my room at flipper house via e-mail,and didn't pay a depoit,just payed weekly when i got there.Unless they've changed their policy then i imagine it's the same now.Just send them an e-mail.They have always beeen pretty prompt replying.www.flippergroups.com is their website.

Druid