Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Siam Sawasdee Hotel-Soi Honey

This place seems real value for money and I am not against Soi 10. According to the blurb on the net it has the following. Has anyone got any comments on the place please

Facilities :

- Restaurant

- Laundry service

- Safety deposit boxes

- Internet service

- Telephone

- Lobby & Full bar

- Tour desk

- Swimming Pool

- Lift

:unsure:

I would not stay there unless I was on a very low budget. In the same Soi there is the Bay Breeze Hotel, Honey Inn and Intown Holiday Hotel. They are better and only a little bit more expensive.

They have a very cheap montly rate at the Sawasdee if that is what you are after. I think a friend paid 10,000 per month not so long ago. The place is adequate but not to my liking. If I wanted to stay in that Soi I would choose the Bay Breeze Hotel. It seemed to be booked out a lot when I stayed there about 18 months ago, even in the low season.

Hi, guys!

I think that Siam Sawasdee is on Soi Bua Khao, and it's Sawasdee Mansion that's in Soi Honey Inn.

Anyway they are both crap places to stay and very worn down, they used to be the cheapest aircon places to stay a few years ago, but has now been surpassed by a multitude of both cheaper and better places to stay in this area. Have a look in Soi LK Metro several new and spotlessly clean aircon guesthouses with much better amenities including balconies and Free Wireless Internet in the rooms, for about 8000-9000 baht/month! Sawasdee hotels can only be recommended as reserve places for 1 or two nights sleep while you are looking for a better place, one exception being the Sawasdee Seaview Wing B down Soi 10 near the sea, but it costs much more than the other places. plahgat

You COULD follow the signs off Third Rd....

C1000.jpg

...to the infamous Purple Monster, Siam Sawadee on Soi Buekow.

C1353.jpg

I think plahgat was being too kind about the place.

Definitely a place of last resort.

You can do MUCH BETTER!

Dump your bag at a friendly bar where you are known and walk the area. With a budget of 10k for the month, you will find GREAT accomodations in June!

Enjoy,

~Sa-teef

Edited by Sa-teef

Plahgat pays a lot of attention to detail and is correct about the name. It is not a bad idea to collect the business cards from the various hotels to refresh one’s memory. There are five Sawasdee places according to the little map on the back of the cards. All are within a short distance of each other.

It pays to read the hotel section on this board. Some of the better places I found were through information on here. One of the best places I found from good feedback from members was the Sabai Lodge in Soi 2. Another place I really enjoyed was the Sanya Apartments, right on the big market place just off Pattaya Tai and only about 50 metres from the bahtbus route on Soi Buakhao.

It was an entirely different experience from staying in a tourist hotel and would probably not appeal to all members. I liked the different atmosphere living amongst mainly long-term stayers and expats. A lot of them have some very good stories to tell and are a wealth of information. Watching the Thais setting up the market early in the morning on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sunday and pulling it down again in the evening was also quite interesting. Sa-teef had discussed the place before I decided to give it a go in May and July last year. A Dutchman (Louis) and his wife Sanya run the place. Some of the rooms can be a bit noisy as there is a Thai karaoke bar next door. The rooms right on the top floor (13,14,15) are the best and relatively quiet at night.

Another Dutch-run place right next to the market place, the Dolpin Apartments, is even better as it not facing the afternoon sun and there is no noise from a Thai karaoke bar. The Dutch expats living in Pattaya hold their monthly meetings there.

Hi,

Gonzo gives good info about some places I unaware of. This board is very good for giving up to date info on places, don't know how we survived before the Web. :clueless I stayed in Siam Sawadee 3or 4 years ago and though it was ok. The fridge was defrosted and I complained at book-in. They gave me a massive new fridge in its place. I felt guilty leaving a few days later because they took care of me. The problem with the place for me is I like a drink and dont use moto-taxis so I found the traffic dangerous around there. :clueless

can someone suggest places to fit as many of the following criteria as possible - but definitely including nos 1,2 & 3 - for under 20,000 a month given a stay of 3 months or more

1. wifi, or connexion to, internet in the room - and which is guranteed to work with my apple mac laptop

2. a kitchenette with basic utensils provided

3. air conditioning

3. room/studio more than 40 sq m & as new, bright and cheerful a possible - and not naff

5. cleaning every day with linen change a couple of times a week

3. within walking distance (ie 5-10 minutes) of the beach

4. if possible with a 'fitness centre' or within a few minutes walk of one

i ask because of the comment about new places opening all the time, and after reading about the dutch-owned apartments etc.

or if someone can point me in the right direction to do my own looking during my coming trip - would like to find and settle on a suitable place for the future trips that are sure to come.

thanks

cd

I stayed there over the Songkran weekend. It's a dump.

The restaurant is nasty. Location not very handy.

Instead of a bedhead, there as a carved wooden thing I kept cutting my head on and the bathroom doorway is about 5'10" so I kept banging it.

Bathroom smelly and kept flooding plus I arrived 1st day to find a dead cockroach in the shower.

Looks like there was a beer bar complex next to it which is now derelict.

Laundry service much dearer than the one over the road.

Won't stay there again.