Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just booked my first 6 nights at the Sabai Inn. It feels like a good choice, as it's my first time in Pattaya, so I'm near some beer bars, but not right on top of the mayhem <huh

The e.mail responses I received from the Deputy Manager have been prompt and first class, identifying himself everytime. This is in direct contrast to the Areca Lodge, who do not inspire me with confidence.

Anyway, I did not want to bother the manager at Sabai again, as he has already answered many questions, so.......

Is the laundry service free or fee based?

Is there a charge for the snooker table or is it free?

Anyone know?

Thanks guys :allright

I have stayed here, you do have to pay for the laundry and hotels tend to charge more. If I was you I would go to the one down the road, out of sabai Inn and turn left, up the road on your right hand side, or there is another one on Soi 3 opposite the sunshine vista which I used all the time.As for the snooker table I cannot help you there, but they do give you some free tea in the afternoon. You can also use all the facilities in the Sabai Lodge which is just over the road for free. :allright <huh :lsmile Ask the Sabai Inn manager for a room with a proper outside facing window, or you could be stuck with one facing the hallway.

Agree with Cenn3 about making sure you get an outside facing room.

Both the snooker and pool tables are free for guests.

The laundry is a bit more expensive (not excessively so) than outside but I always used it for convenience.

Hey Ben99,

I am having the same experience with Areca Lodge. I have emailed them a number of times, but have not received a reply. I was interested in staying at the hotel, given all of the positive reviews on this site. However, they seem to be very unprofessional in how they handle their customer service.

The last time I stayed in Pattaya, which was 2002 (I am long overdue for a return), I stayed in the Sabai Lodge (which is across the street from the Inn), and had a great time. I am now thinking to give up on Areca and go with Sabai Inn or Lodge as well for my 14 day stay in July.

Jay

Hey guys

Yes, I've asked for a 4th floor room, quiet with outside window, thanks to reading this tip when undergoing a search. What I get, we will see!!

Great knowing the snooker is free. In u.k., one can pay £5+ an hour for snooker, so play for one hour a day and it pays for nearly 50% of room :clap1

Thanks very much for the laundry tip. Depending on how much the Sabai Inn charge, I will check them out!

CanadianGuy

E.mail service from Areca was dreadful and I had a VERY bad feeling about it. I refused to leave deposit, via e.mailing card details or faxing them. They said this is hotel policy. Well they should get a secure online payment system then!! Anyway, over the course of a few e.mails, while identifying him/herself only as a member of staff, but not supplying name, it was suggested I pay the money directly into thier bank account

:ang2 I politely declined :moon

However, we have a happy ending here.

If you ask very nicely and make yourself appear a serious player, the Sabai Inn will let you book with no deposit, which was the clincher for me. I guess they can do this in the low season :clap1 Reply's always from the assistant manager.

I feel comfortable with my choice and will review after 6 nights OR catch the bus to Bangkok for 4 nights, before heading back to PATTAYA.

Once into the swing of things, I may book a few nights in the Queen Victoria on soi6 :banana

Edited by ben99

stayed there last october with wife, my suster and her work mates

excellent clean hotel quite location but baht bus stops at door on request.

staff very friendly hotel very good free tea and bun (note 1 bun) ok

had a couple of different rooms more expensive rooms have window looking out onto soi etc while cheaper ones had window onto interior walkway.

Aircon ok Tv ok (usual syphon crap) safe in room bed clean room clean

bathroom std pattaya tourist affair with big shower very much like Sabai Dee massage rooms (so I am told!!!)

would recommend staying there

will be back in LOS December but will be staying in Bangkok and Udon Thani for most of the time but if I get chance will stay in Sabai Inn again

by the way Welkom Inn is right next door - back entrance on Soi 2 come and go as you please (sorry for the pun)

also Sabai Dee girls will do outcall to Sabai inn no problems.

Laundry and small shops (not 7-11) down the soi

7-11 at 2nd road end of soi 3 so snacks drinks and necessaries all to hand

:allright Thanks dude.

How many minutes walk to 7-11 shop?

Where is nearest Bank/ATM as I don't wanna use shop ATM's (more risky)

Ta.

Edited by ben99

For a bank ATM go across Second Road into the Big C/Festival Centre shopping complex. Ground floor bank has a couple of ATMs. Five mins walk at tops.

IIRC there is a 7-Eleven at the top of Soi 3 which is the next soi along - though there might even be one before you get there! Also one just beyond Soi 1 the other way and another convenience store on the opposite side. Again if it is daylight hours then Big C is as handy.

Edited by scampy
For a bank ATM go across Second Road into the Big C/Festival Centre shopping complex. Ground floor bank has a couple of ATMs. Five mins walk at tops.

IIRC there is a 7-Eleven at the top of Soi 3 which is the next soi along - though there might even be one before you get there! Also one just beyond Soi 1 the other way and another convenience store on the opposite side. Again if it is daylight hours then Big C is as handy.

:sh

My TG and I spent Hours playing pool being free is a big plus and you can play anytime I never saw anyone playing there except for us.

My TG and I spent Hours playing pool being free is a big plus and you can play anytime I never saw anyone playing there except for us.

That's quite a cool idea. Keep BG occupied at snooker/pool, while I save the baht for another conquest :unsure:

will be back in LOS December but will be staying in Bangkok and Udon Thani for most of the time but if I get chance will stay in Sabai Inn again

Please forgive me for the newbie question i'm about to ask... but what exactly does LOS stand for? :chogdee2

Please forgive me for the newbie question i'm about to ask... but what exactly does LOS stand for? :eyecrazy

Land of Smiles.

But, I call it the land of smiles, scams, lies, thieves, and copies.

Land of Smiles.

But, I call it the land of smiles, scams, lies, thieves, and copies.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Now I don't have to :D my head wondering what the heck it means :beer

Can't wait to be there for the first time!!!!

just came back from the sabia inn nice hotel i like it there will be booking it for seotember air con is a bit powerfull you are ether to cold or if you switch it off to hot also the beds are a bit on the hard side they bolt togeather two singles i had a room on the forth floor over looking the back of the hotell whitch i think is the one to go for keeps you away from the noise

The Sabai is currently offering a standard room at 700 baht. That is great value. The Hotel is good but try and make sure you get an outside facing room.

IMHO it is also in a great location. Doesnt have a pool but you can use the on across the road at the Sabai Lodge

The Sabai is currently offering a standard room at 700 baht. That is great value. The Hotel is good but try and make sure you get an outside facing room.

:grin-jump

I've booked a room there for 3 nights at 700 baht for when I arrive there in a couple of weeks.Never stayed there before,intend to move on further central but may stay a few more nights if I like the place,will try to ensure I get a room with outside window. Been past there loads of times,it has a very nice looking foyer.

Hi - The recent fire in the nightclub has made me think.

Has anyone observed the fire safety standards in the Sabai Inn hotel? What about the emergency exits? Were they locked or unlocked?

I'm staying on the 4th floor. Is there a suitable emergency exit?

Many thanks

I have stayed at the Sabai Inn several times before. I am planning to return again later this month. The 700 baht rate is a good deal for a well-appointed, carpeted room. Try to get an outside room facing away from the noisy Thai night club on the 2nd road side.

I usually go to Big C to buy a fan, a reading lamp, and an electric kettle when I stay there. The rooms are a bit dark and a reading lamp helps if you like to read in your room a lot. I like to have a fan blowing to augment the air conditioning so I usually get a small table or floor fan for a few weeks.

The 700 baht room does not come with a bathtub or an electric kettle. The electric kettle is handy if you wish to make coffee or tea or noodles. I bring a french press coffee maker over which allows me to make good brewed coffee (I hate the instant stuff) and it fits nicely in my suitcase. You can keep a small amount of milk in the fridge in the room if you like real cream in your coffee (as opposed to soy milk).

When I leave town, I give the kettle and fan and reading lamp to my favorite tilac of the day. They always seem to remember these small kindnesses, even years later.

Edited by Slow_Hand
:D

I've booked a room there for 3 nights at 700 baht for when I arrive there in a couple of weeks.Never stayed there before,intend to move on further central but may stay a few more nights if I like the place,will try to ensure I get a room with outside window. Been past there loads of times,it has a very nice looking foyer.

700? Shite. How did you get that rate? I'll be there in a couple of weeks myself and I got a superior for 1150. Even the standards were going for 1000. What's your secret? :chogdee :bow

:sorry

700 baht rate for standard room available through their website,superior 850 baht,would suggest you email and request internet rate or you will cancel booking,I presume you are not mixing up Sabai Inn with Sabai Lodge across the road.

www.sabaiinn.com