Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

300 Baht for Minibus/Bus Pattaya-DonMuang

I didn't want to hijack Mr. Toom's post on his 1200 baht taxi so here is what I found out by accident: Bell Travel Service Co, Ltd, in cooperation with Roon Rueang Coach Co, Ltd operates a bus service from the terminal on North Pattaya Road to Bangkok Don Muan Airport for 250 baht per person. For 50 baht more they pick you up at the hotel. This is a fantastic deal since although the ride from the bus terminal to beach road can be had for 20 baht you can easily get ripped off for 10 times this amount going the other way.

I was picked up at Flipper Lodge right on time at 0845 with a comfortable minibus (not a cattle transporter) and taken to the bus terminal where we met the other passengers and changed to an equally comfortable AC bus which left with a small delay in the direction of Bangkok. At the outskirts of BKK the bus pulled into a private station where we changed to minibuses again. Some passengers were then taken to hotels in Bangkok, I rode with another passenger to Don Muang Airport. Travel time was specified as 3 hours but I reached my destination before 1130.

Bell Travel runs this service 4 times a day from Pattaya to Bangkok (0600, 0900, 1300 and 1700) and 3 times in the opposite direction (0930, 1330 and 1730). They can be contacted at rrc_bus@hotmail.com, Tel 038 370055-6 (Pattaya), 027474673 or 027474675-6 (Bangkok).

I am planning to use Bell Travel going to Pattaya the next time and see how contacting them by e-mail works out. Their 300 baht service costs only slightly more than catching the regular bus at Mo Chit or Ekamai and is so much more comfortable. If anybody is gaining new experiences with this service please let it be known. I don't know the deal the people had who went to downtown Bangkok destinations, but that sounded like an interesting alternative.

Do you have a website there, cause this sure sounds like a wind up. That sounds a little too good to be true. I've never ever heard of anyone who transfer's BKK to Pattaya sounds too cheap.

Edited by soibj

have used several times but paid 400bt,booked through travel agent on soi post office.next time book direct save 100bt.but always gone direct to airport before

300bb.JPG

This is what I kept from the trip. Before the bus departed they exchanged the original ticket showing the amount paid with the one above which I had to show the driver on transfer to the second minibus. Note that it mentions Flipper Lodge where I actually stayed but which at this time didn't have anything to do with my transport. I inquired at the desk how I could get to BKK airport and all they could say was "by taxi".

Sorry I don't know what to do to get the image to load. It's a scan of the Bell Travel business card and of my ticket Pattaya-BKK.

Edited by dibidabi
Does anyone know where at the airport do you catch the bus to Pattaya? And where do they drop you off at the airport?

They dropped each of us off at the terminals of our choice. As to where to catch the bus they told me to make prior arrangements by phone or email. I don't think they have the right to park at the airport.

We have to find out.

That's why this is so cheap, there is a clause this is not any type of public transport for everyone, this is only for guests of the Flipper Lodge period.

Hi, Dibidabi!

I have used this service a few times in the past from Pattaya to Don Meuang I bought the ticket direct at North Pattaya Terminal, as you said they change you to a minibus once in BKK if there are people going to hotels in town, but have never seen any realiable info on them going back from Airport to Pattaya!? :llaugh

About the departure times from BKK to Pattaya, where in BKK do they start from?

Do they have a terminal in BKK as well, maybe at some of the main bus-stations? Or is there a special bus-stop for them at the airport? I've heard so many different rumours about these buses going from the Airport, but never had them confermed! :clap2 Maybe they will only pick you up at the airport if you call them first? I would appreciate if anyone has the real answer to this enigma! plahgat

alos try cambodia-inter on 261/5 soi buakhao, they do 300bt to almost anywhere in BKK and visa runs for 1700 to cambodia.

Nisan the owner is a good guy, speaks english well, and owns the business.

038-421590

Edited by ting_tong

This Bell Service is a fucking rip off,and i got caught once.

The trip from Nth Pattaya bus station, to the airport is 150Baht on the same type of coach,and thats direct,no stops in Bkk,and no changing buses.

Taxi from Pattaya to Nth Pattaya bus station is 20 B,max.

I was told by the agent in Soi Diana that it was a DIRECT MINI BUS service,from hotel to airport,what crap.

They did nt count on me coming back 2 months later.and fronting them that they were ripping off Farangs.

I reported them to the TAT,and this service was removed.

Ned

I just noticed that http://wikitravel.org/en/Pattaya has essentially the same information I gave you. It says that they need a 90 min advance booking by phone or mail so it's definitely not a walk-in deal.

I am sure someone will get on the BKK-Pattaya bus and tell us all about it. Looks like one of the best kept secrets of Pattaya for now.

Maybe things will change a bit this fall or next year when Suvarnabhumi airport opens up.

I've used this a few times. You can book/pay in the foyer at Nana hotel and they will pick you up from any central downtime hotel.

There are 2 rates, 300 for van to bus to van and 450 for a van all the way.

BE CAREFUL in low season the direct van is ok but in High season both services will drive you round every hotel pick up before starting the run to Pats. Worst case this can add nearly 2 hours to your journey if you are first on and last off!

That said they are pretty relable if you need to go BKK downtown to Pats/Jomtien

:clap1 i know everybody likes to save a few pound on their trip but i prefer a normal taxi. i,ve paid out £600 for a flight, £1000 plus spending ain,t gonna worry about another £20 for a taxi. but not everyone is made the same. take care :clueless
BE CAREFUL in low season the direct van is ok but in High season both services will drive you round every hotel pick up before starting the run to Pats. Worst case this can add nearly 2 hours to your journey if you are first on and last off!

Of course, that's the catch! You're right, wagger, that sounds terrible. Thanks for the suggestion. So maybe in high season the public bus is better.

I was told by the agent in Soi Diana that it was a DIRECT MINI BUS service,from hotel to airport,what crap.

They did nt count on me coming back 2 months later.and fronting them that they were ripping off Farangs.

I reported them to the TAT,and this service was removed.

Thanks. :chogdee2 That is the clause and IMHO is a very big one indeed. Very different private transfer versus picking up numerous passengers. I'd rather take a bus from Ekkamai or Mo Chit at least I can spend less time picking up others. :clap2

i always use this bus to the airport from Nth pattaya bus terminal . costs me 250 baht direct to terminal, get a mate to drop me off on his bike. you change bus to a smaller mini van on all services, except the 6am one someone told me. its a good deal and easier than going to ekamai or mor chit and then making your way to airport. also the mini van pickups that take you to airport usually wander around pattaya for over an hour picking people up. you are knackered by the time you leave pattaya and still have a couple of hours left to travel. Have neveer successfully found the bus coming the other way so will follow up these comments.

Rather take a cab and be at Don  Muang in 90 mins...  :unsure:

On second thought, you're probably right.

But sometimes, you know, it is fun to save money whatever the cost.

Next topic, please!

why be a tight ass on vacation...spend the 1200 - 2000 baht to get from the airport to pattaya in comfort....why take a van to the bus station and then a baht bus in Pattaya.....the key is getting from the airport to Pattaya in record time and in comfort

You are there for a 2 - 3 week vacation where you are going to spend a couple of grand and you guys worry about 20 bucks.

That's why this is so cheap, there is a clause this is not any type of public transport for everyone, this is only for guests of the Flipper Lodge period.

Wrong. It's for anyone no matter where you stay. I've used the service several times and I've never stayed at the Flipper. If you read the ticket you will see that it's a promotional advertisement that offers a discount for lodging if you present the ticket at the Flipper.

As far as the service is concerned, I like it and have never had a problem although I've only used it for service between Bangkok hotels to Pattaya and back again. I never used it to or from the airport. The operation seems suprisingly well organised.

The number of pick-ups the mini-van makes is dependent upon the number of people picked up at each stop. Once it's full it goes to the coach terminal. The first time I used it from the Nana Hotel(Nana Tours Desk) the minivan picked up it's full load at the Nana(1st stop) and proceeded directly to the motorcoach terminal in Bangkok. You then transfer to the coach that takes you to the North Pattaya Rd. bus terminal where you transfer to minivans which will take you to your hotel. Depending on the schedule you might get minivan-to-motorcoach service or you might get minivan-to-minivan service. Some of the transfers are actually made on the side of the road. Gotta love this country.

Yes, it can take extra time doing it this way but, myself, I make it a point not to have to hurry when I'm on vacation. One trip from Pattaya to Nana(almost last stop) took 3 1/2 -4 hours but I enjoyed it because I got to see a little of Bangkok. To each his own.

A tip: The motorcoach does not have a toilet so piss before you leave the hotel and also while you're waiting(a short wait) at their terminal for the other minivans that will drop people to fill up the motorcoach. I don't know if he direct minivan stops along the route.

Another tip: Keep an eye on your luggage to make sure it ends up, and stays, in the same minivan that you do. I didn't have a problem nor did I see any. I just like to avoid easily preventable mistakes and, you never know when some asshole is going to grab an extra piece of your luggage to keep for himself.

Yes I realize that, however if you look at the scanned receipt above it clearly states to show the receipt to the the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8. However this is really silly cause it is comparing apples and oranges. This service is not private so enough said.

Yes I realize that, however if you look at the scanned receipt above it clearly states to show the receipt to the the Flipper Lodge on Soi 8.

Who gives a fuck. For any other person who is confused by what the writing on the ticket means, it is simply a discount coupon, for use at the Flipper, that is printed on your bus ticket. If you use it at the Flipper, fine. If you stay elsewhere you can't use the discount coupon because the discount is only good at the Flipper. There, enough said.