Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Used Mr. Toom several times now. Always received great service, attentive drivers, good cars and reliability.

Gentlemangeoff on the other hand refuses to answer questions about the details, like confirming the right terminal, meeting place, or wether he phoned Mr. Toom on arrival.

Food for thought.

Sunnyb

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to answer anyone's questions about this matter. I did not telephone Mr Toom as I did not have a mobile number for him and I do not bring a phone to Thailand. A personal choice.

I am not suggesting that anyone should avoid Mr Toom. Neither have I attacked him in any way. This is a forum where we share experiences and, hopefully, support each other.

I am certainly willing to meet Mr Toom at the Areca Lodge.

The guys I met at BKK airport and who helped me look for him can then also explain that they helped try to locate Mr Toom. I had not met either of these guys before Friday.

At the end of the day all I am reporting is what happened. No acrimony involved and no recriminations. I posted my experience simply to add to the wealth of experience for which the board is noted.

I try to get into an internet cafe on a daily basis and answer all queries as soon as they are received.

By way of overkill I need to make it quite clear that I have no animosity towards Mr Toom. It may be just a blip.

As reported above, I am happy to meet with Mr Toom at his convenience.

I have noted with interest the very solid support for Mr Toom's service.

Given that he appears to have provided a sterling service to many of you, I have decided to pay him, notwithstanding that I had to hire a taxi from the rank at BKK airport upon our failed meeting.

I have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he was there to pick me up, and travelled from Pattaya to do so, then he deserves payment.

I hope that Mr Toom continues to look after board members as he clearly has done in the past.

I shall PM him, arrange a meeting. and pay him the full price.

I have noted with interest the very solid support for Mr Toom's service.

Given that he appears to have provided a sterling service to many of you, I have decided to pay him, notwithstanding that I had to hire a taxi from the rank at BKK airport upon our failed meeting.

I have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he was there to pick me up, and travelled from Pattaya to do so, then he deserves payment.

I hope that Mr Toom continues to look after board members as he clearly has done in the past.

I shall PM him, arrange a meeting. and pay him the full price.

you really are a gentleman geoff

:D

Lemons, I thought all passengers arriving at Don Muang (Terminal 1 and Terminal 2) use the same exit? I thought you just had to walk a bit further after your plane arrived near Terminal 2. Correct me if I’m wrong.

In a way you're right, as passengers from both terminals can exit at the same point, turning left after the customs door into the arrivals hall.

However terminal 1 arrivals are much more likely to use the immigration booths as the end closer to them, and then exit almost straight out, putting them on the footpath about 60m up from the taxi queue. (Providing of course their baggage carosel is at that end as well). Fuck me, I think I've confused myself now! :D

I met gentlemangeoff for the first time at Bangkok airport last Friday. Myself and another guy and gentlemangeoff got talking as we were waiting for our baggage. Gentlemangeoff told us that he had a taxi booked to go to Pattaya. We all walked out together. There were only a few taxi drivers around with sign boards. Gentlemangeoff said he could not see his name on any of the boards. We helped him look but could not find the bloke who was supposed to pick him up. We waited in the queue at the taxi stop. Gentlemangeoff kept going back inside the airport to see if he could find the chap. There was quite a queue for cabs and he spent a long time looking.

I think you have been unfair to gentlemangeoff as he was pretty down about the whole situation.

Could it be the old Terminal 1 Terminal 2 fuck up? :eyecrazy

You wouldn't be the first.

Unfair? As you can see in the below, it is possible that it was a mistake. :allright If whoever is wrong they are wrong period, I don't think either of the people in question are perfect, now are they? It has mainly been stated that Mr. Toom has been utilized by many and all positive reports and this is the first negative so take it as you see it. If not go chill out get :drunk and get a :bj2 on soi 6 or something.

Gentlemangeoff

A fine gesture to pay Mr. Toom, who I have praised in this thread. In fairness to you however check where Mr. Toom says he came from to pick you up and work out a mutually agreeable price. Mr. Toom does not live in Pattaya, he lives just outside BKK. So he most likely did not travel all the way from Pattaya to pick you up.

Take Care,

Likeki

Soi 7.........following me from the other board I see!!!!!!!!!

Your everywhere!!!!!!!!

Rich

Following you ??

I have been on this board since 1999 when Pete had the old board before upgrading. I think your following me :allright

In a way you're right, as passengers from both terminals can exit at the same point, turning left after the customs door into the arrivals hall.

However terminal 1 arrivals are much more likely to use the immigration booths as the end closer to them, and then exit almost straight out, putting them on the footpath about 60m up from the taxi queue. (Providing of course their baggage carosel is at that end as well). Fuck me, I think I've confused myself now!  :allright

Now I understand what you meant. You almost had me confused as well. :allright Cheers

HAHA Soi 7. You the man. I am aspiring to grow up just like you. Really I am envious!!!!!!!

Take Care Brother!!!!!!!

Likeki

You don't wanna be like me ask anyone here :allright Will take care of that Matter for you tomorrow buddy........................

I will be in Bk in a few weeks and propose to book Mr Toom. Last time I went to the last cab in the rank and offered him 1000 which he toook but before we gassed up and went here and there I was getting pissed off. The extra 200 Baht is what I would expect to pay for a metered cab off the rank anyway so I believe this is a good deal and 99% of the feed back is positive.

I also think that paying Toom his fare was a great gesture as well.

I met gentlemangeoff for the first time at Bangkok airport last Friday. Myself and another guy and gentlemangeoff got talking as we were waiting for our baggage. Gentlemangeoff told us that he had a taxi booked to go to Pattaya. We all walked out together. There were only a few taxi drivers around with sign boards. Gentlemangeoff said he could not see his name on any of the boards. We helped him look but could not find the bloke who was supposed to pick him up. We waited in the queue at the taxi stop. Gentlemangeoff kept going back inside the airport to see if he could find the chap. There was quite a queue for cabs and he spent a long time looking.

I think you have been unfair to gentlemangeoff as he was pretty down about the whole situation.

To day i go to gentlemangeoff hotel and take parking receive give to hotel reception for show him and now i think him to see it and you in that time are you sure after imigrytion clear and then turn left but can't to see me ? you know i think that day is missing day i have two order in that flight me and my friend have to wait long time and about 15.20 pm. i have to phone him name on air but can't find him very bad day :ang2

I used Mr.Tooms Service today.

I saw a bulk of people with signs when i turned left after immigration, but guess who was the first in the row ?

A nice lady (forget ask her name, blush) drove me savely to Pattaya, it took almost 3 hours becouse of heavy traffic and an accident.

The car is a Nissan, maybe 5-6 years old but well maintained and clean.

Perfect Service, Mr Toom and Lady!!

Psychodad

Hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is there something fishy going on here.A total newbie with his first post backing up Geoff. :clueless

Hope im being too suspicious,if so, :sorry

Edited by pattysteve

I was with Gentlemangeoff we turn left. Mr Tooms not they.

i cant see what the problem is Gentlemangeoff was they Mr Toom was not. we dont all bring mobile to thailand, Dont pay for what you not get.

mr T could easy get any other fare to pattaya. we dont no.

mike

Hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is there something fishy going on here.A total newbie with his first post backing up Geoff. :ang2

Hope im being too suspicious,if so, :sorry

And his second as well! :wtf Flying the Union Jack but with terrible English skills! :3some

Edited by Braveheart

I have an arrangement to meet Mr Toom in my hotel on Friday morning. At that time I shall pay him and accept that he turned up as he said he did last Friday. We clearly somehow missed each other. These things happen. But the matter will be put right.

I agree that those two posts cannot have been written by the same person.

I suspect a bit of mischief-making.

At the end of the day Mr Toom will be paid on Friday. He is clearly well thought of and I hope that he continues to maintain a high standard of service to those who use his service.

For my part, I shall chalk it down to experience. I wish Mr Toom well.

I had a problem with Mr. Toom on the 18th April. My plane was in time and after customs I checked every sign there was. I did this several times and waited about 45 minutes.

Unfortunately my sim card was expired so I couldn´t call him.