Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 245 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I am having real problems getting a reply from the e-mail adddress for this hotel. It is my first choice for when I visit. Is there another e-mail address I can use ?

Thanks

Sorry, can not help you with another email address (maybe you can track down Tim's bar and ask them?). Would think phone would be a safer way.

It is a very good choice of hotel, surprisingly good. Better than many of the 4-5 star I stayed in Bangkok.

My friend made a booking for September, and they confirmed this was still low season and 1500 baht a night for the "basic" room - and the basic room is a large deluxe by Bangkok standards.

And the pool is the best I've seen in Thailand cities.

I have just been reading 1 of the local Pattaya papers on-line and came across an article on Tim's new hotel which stated:

The Residence is on the site of the former Tim beer bar which has been established for more than 30 years.

Can someone tell me if Tim's go-go has been knocked down or what if anything has happened to it.

Cheers.

Edited by thegrogmonster
I have just been reading 1 of the local Pattaya papers on-line and came across an article on Tim's new hotel which stated:

The Residence is on the site of the former Tim beer bar which has been established for more than 30 years.

Can someone tell me if Tim's go-go has been knocked down or what if anything has happened to it.

Cheers.

Tim's bar is still where it used to be. The hotel is in a small soi just around the corner.

I have been quoted 2500B for a standard room at the end of August - is this a good deal ??

I believe 2500 is high season price. My friend was quoted 1500 baht for September when he asked in the reception.

after having read the positive remarks on this establishment, I thought that I should give them a try for my upcoming trip.

I emailed them 8 days ago followed up with a back up email again 4 days ago & still no reply!

Hardly inspires confidence.

Edited by guismo11
after having read the positive remarks on this establishment, I thought that I should give them a try for my upcoming trip.

I emailed them 8 days ago followed up with a back up email again 4 days ago & still no reply!

Hardly inspires confidence.

Give them a chance, you will not regret. The hotel is new, and so is the staff - I guess it takes some time to get it all things to work. But they are very service-minded and helpful in the hotel.

erik, it's based upon your detailed feedbackand entertaining trip reports, on this and other forums, that I have decided I'll give 'em a go.

i guess i'll just have to be patient and let them get around to it - in their own time!

StJames, be sure to post a review...

that's if you get a room!

BTW, does anyone know if the rooms have balconies?

Edited by guismo11
The website has just been vastly improved, though I'm not sure what currency the room rates are in ($ ??). It doesn't look like the rooms have balcones, though the pictures on the site do look good.

It looks like Monopoly money... Another sign of a fresh started hotel.

My room did not have a balcony, and looking at the facade picture I took a couple of weeks ago - none of them has. But the air-con is real good - and as the rooms are all brand new, it is very clean (as CG said: Nice to come back to a room knowing thousands of people have not fucked in it).

Altough I expect the bookings in this hotel will pick up, when I was there it was almost empty - so I guess for a few months ahead just arriving in the reception with no prebooking will give a result.

A nice touch I had, when returning from a two day trip to Koh Samet: I was given the same room I had before.

And, if you're not really want to spend the extra money - and do not have to have the jacuzzi, the basic room is more than big enough. I guess it's about 35 sq metres, and that is not called "standard" in Bangkok, more like a Premiere or Deluxe.

Very good TV-reception, huge bathroom with both shower and a large bathtub, and a very big and comfy bed (one of the best hotel beds I slept in, and I'm choosy). The picture on their website show two single beds in this room, but I guess you can specify if you would like a kingsize.

I have some pictures of the place, if I can find a way to post them, then I will.

I asked my girl in Pattaya, Pearl, who have got a new room to stay in now, if she liked it.

"Yes, it is OK. But it is not remotely like your room in Pattaya."

Earlier, when she first entered this room, she said:

"If I get myself an apartment, I will like it very much it to look like this".

The rates shown on the web site are much higher than what's been discussed. A superior room in Sept. is 4700Baht/night using their online reservations. What's the secret?

As discussed earlier, their new online reservation system have some bugs...

As with most hotels costing a bit more than 1000 baht: use an agent! Most TA in Pattaya will match any offers at the net, or use the net. Sites like hotelthailand.com and asiatravel.com used to be great but are now among the more expensive. asiarooms are ok at some hotels but do the search.

Do a google with hotel name city and rates, like """GoldenCochroach pattaya rates""", then spend a day going through them all. As for Tim... Eric got them for 2600 I think through Scandibar.com

Almost forgot... thaihoteldiscount.com (Chiang mai) have the best rates at the hotels they deal with, in BKK and Pattaya.

The rates shown on the web site are much higher than what's been discussed. A superior room in Sept. is 4700Baht/night using their online reservations. What's the secret?