Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

:chogdee2 I am retired ....went to Pattaya for the first time on R+R ...in the early seventies.....The only thing I never done there was by glasses.....Now I need a new pair ....Just wondering if anyone has bought glasses over there .....and could recommend somewhere.....

Make sure you find a shop with newer technology. Some still use a tray full of sample glasses.. They need to get up to speed. But there are a ton of shops there and Im sure youll find something you like. If your in Canada are they exspensive there?? I know they do a lot of designer fashions in Pattaya which can be spendy but I might be wrong. I go to Vista optical in Fred Meyers back home.. Cheap!!!

Ed

All I know is that everytime I walk past an optomitry shop there it is stafed by 2-3 cute girls looking hot in their uniforms. Makes me want to get an exam of sorts.

Bought over the last 3 years a number of glasses at Top Charoen shops. Service was excellent, lenses are ok but not as sophisticated as i.e. lenses made in Germany. Nevertheless you can save a lot of money with buying this in Thailand.

My specs are about one third the price they are in australia. Use a place in big C but I had a problem when Tg sat on them so dropped into top charoen in Pattaya Klang near 2nd road. fixed them on the spot and no charge, even tho I had told them they were not bought there. I know where I will go next time!! and Yes, the serving girls are very cute.

The glasses are a lot cheaper in LOS than the uk but the quality of the frames isn't always as good . The frames on my glasses are the flexible type that don't break when you accidently sit on them . They were bought in the UK a few years ago and they were expensive at the time but well worth it as their flexibilty has saved them from getting broken several times .

I have yet to see a proper set of flexible frames in any LOS optician . On my last visit the optician was demonstrating his 'high quality' flexiframes by twisting them . I was nearly tempted to buy them until they snapped in two ! I have been getting new lenses fitted to my old frames in Pattaya for the past few years & will continue to do so until I see a decent quality set of flexiframes .

The optician on Secon Road opposite LITTLE Mikes Shopping Mall is good and up to date I have used them several times and most satisfied.

I bought some transition lenses last february from the eyelab on the ground floor in the big c .The cost was 4,500 baht and it takes them about 5 days to make the lenses . Very happy with them

I'd get a good old fashion eye exam done in your own country and then take the results to Thailand.

Thailand uses that damn computerized deal and it just never seems to be the same.

Your cost savings should still be about 40%

Took my prescription after diabetic eye test in u,k.to Top Charoen on beach road by the Royal Grden Plaza last time in Pattaya.Great service,same day.Best specs I,ve had at less than half at home

I bought reading glasses in Thailand for the first time in Jan and I will never buy a pair in Australia again. I went to Top Charoen and bought 2 pair of reading glasses for 5000 baht. And because I spent more than 5000 and paid cash they had a special promotion going and gave me a watch which I gave to my Thai nephew who was over the moon with it. I even bought the more expensive double coated anti glare lenses. I had previously paid more for one pair of glasses in Australia with standard lenses.