Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Bangkok-The best 1000 baht hotel?

I normally stay in the Sukhumvit area if I have a night or two in BK. I do not pay top dollar as I spend little time in the room-its only there for a sleep and a shower.

Give or take a few baht, what is the best value for money in the area?

As above in BKK you often get what you pay for. First visit I stayed at Manhattan on Soi 13/15 which was approx 1000-1100 per night (approx 3 years ago) and I found it aged, tatty, noisy and inpersonal.

Next, and subsequent, visits I stayed at Majestic Suites paying 1350 Baht per night for the Single Superior - where single is your breakfast only - and would not look anywhere else given the quality service and room fittings. Guest friendly, asking for ID at reception.

The rooms are not the biggest, but given like me you only sleep and shower in the room then it may well be ideal. No noise pollution, even with NEP one side and skytrain the other, due to great sound proof glazing.

Located on Suk between Soi 4 and Landmark Hotel (near to Subway) it is ideal walking for NEP - 2mins - and Nana BTS - 5 mins.

As above in BKK you often get what you pay for. First visit I stayed at Manhattan on Soi 13/15 which was approx 1000-1100 per night (approx 3 years ago) and I found it aged, tatty, noisy and inpersonal.

Next, and subsequent, visits I stayed at Majestic Suites paying 1350 Baht per night for the Single Superior - where single is your breakfast only - and would not look anywhere else given the quality service and room fittings. Guest friendly, asking for ID at reception.

The rooms are not the biggest, but given like me you only sleep and shower in the room then it may well be ideal. No noise pollution, even with NEP one side and skytrain the other, due to great sound proof glazing.

Located on Suk between Soi 4 and Landmark Hotel (near to Subway) it is ideal walking for NEP - 2mins - and Nana BTS - 5 mins.

When you say Majestic Suites, is the room a Suite or a standard room?

Bill, they are just standard rooms. As said on the smallish side. Bed, wardrobe, luggage rack, desk, TV, chair and room to walk round. Bathrooms are great. Good quality furniture and all new/modern.

Good value compared to likes of Nana/Dynasty/ Nana City Hotel/Raja which are on same Soi 4 block and all approx 1000 baht. For Majestic Suites book in advance as often full occupancy, esp at weekends.

My home away from home in BKK is The Woraburi Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4 just down the road from Nana Plaza and skytrain. There are safes at reception, ID checks, free welcome drink, buffet breakfast included, free shuttle bus to/from Nana Hotel/skytrain, comfortable beds, new hotel, nice pool and view. Under 1000 baht.

IMAGE00001.jpg

IMAGE00004.jpg

IMAGE00005.jpg

IMAGE00002.jpg

IMAGE00007.jpg

She likes it too!

IMAGE00008.jpg

The End 1luv

IMAGE00010.jpg

When in Bangkok, have stayed at the Woraburi hotel, actually starting not long after it opened. About 4 years ago. Very cheap then.

2 weeks ago, tried to book a superior room for next week at about 1100+ baht.

Not available so they booked me into deluxe room at 2000baht.

Having stayed in deluxe before, not worth it at that rate.

Seems you gotta book way ahead to get the cheaper room now.

(Side-note:: 2 years ago and last year, one of the most gorgeous girls I've seen in Thailand was working in the reception area.)

Stayed at the Dynasty hotel July 2001 and thought it okay then. Booked there for next week at 1250 baht. It's just 30 seconds walk from NEP and Sukhumvit instead of the 10 minutes from Woraburi.

As the saying goes, position position position. :clap2

Good luck.

chico, let the dog out :banghead :bhappy

Grand Business Inn

2/11 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

02-254-7981

i have stayed there 3 times

corner soi 11 and suk

downstairs resturant and room svc

street food

7/11 next door

use pool at ambassador

back route to bier garden

GREAT staff

safe deposit downstairs

ck girls id

when they leave, they call to check on you

1500 baht/nite

I just discovered a new hotel on the net called "Bangkok Sahara".

Located on soi 5. New hotel. 1k price bracket. Very good reviews on Sawadee. Counter doesn't take credit cards but you can reserve via Sawadee or Atsiam.

Looks like it has nice basic but comfortable rooms.

Would be nice if a BM could check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

No Problems to report with the Woraburi. Just booked a deluxe with them for my upcoming trip for 1100.

Stayed there last year, and of all the hotels I've been in this is without doubt the best value for money.

Agree with most of the comments about the Woraburi but I don't think it is worth Bt1500 a night. If you get it for around Bt1000 then OK. The breakfast buffet is nothing to write home about but it is there if you want it.

Have to agree on the Majestic Suites. Small but comfortable and the location is excellent.

Here's a link to book online

Majestic Suites

:chogdee2

The Majestic Suites is the only hotel for me when I stay in Bangkok. Great rooms, free breakfast and outstanding service from everyone I have come in contact with while staying there. Locations is great and you have easy acess to the Skytrain to get around the rest of Bangkok to go sight seeing or shopping. :D

I stayed at the Dynasty Inn for a couple of days one trip after coming back from Pattaya before catching my flight to Hong Kong and it's alright but now where near as nice as the Majestic Suites. :unsure:

I've tryed days ago to book at Majestic with the site www.majesticsuites.com (fill the form even with my credit (debit) card details) but no answer.

I've tryed to send emails to the 2 address in the site but no answer.

Someone can tell me if i wrong somethings?

I think that is better to book via AsiaTravel or other internet site.

You can't beat the 'new' wing of Dynasty Inn--EXCELLENT location, good restaurant, so on. A DEAL at 1090/night.

I second that, and that is where I will be staying on my first night before heading down to Pattaya.

Great hotel and great location.

Thanks for the pics Baz, the Majestic's is kinda small. I prefer a hotel up the street more, but it's a fair amount more like 800 THB more. So I think for the price this hotel is still a great deal all in all. :beer

I do have one complaint about the Majestic Suites. One thing you newbies need to know that there isn't a parking lot, drive up entrance. Keep in mind you have to drop down away from Sukhumvit because no car can drop you off in this busy street...Then lug your luggage to the hotel's entrance. Note if you have bags and more bags like computer, duty free......you are ******.......

This inconvenience is why I would prefer another hotel over the Majestic Suites....

Just my observation of the area around Nana....

I stayed at the Heidleburg Inn, across from the 7-11 and Sin night club. Nice plave, laminate flooring, flat screen TV, marble bath room...around 1500 bht, but clean and girl friendly. True there are things cheaper, but might come in handy if someone's in a bind.

I'm staying a couple of nights in the Grand Business Inn next week beflre heading to Pattaya. I'll write a report when I get home. Wheels up in six days.

• 6 months later...

Was looking at a hotel booking site for the majestic suites which is generally recommended on this thread. There are choices and rates for single or double rooms. Do I need to go for the more expensive double to have the freedom of bringing in a girl - even short time?

I suppose the answer to this will apply for any other booking in a comparable hotel on the sawadee hotel booking site.

Stayed at the Grand Business Inn earlier this year. Fairly nice room, but everything from the furniture to the floor was showing some major wear. Lots of contruction noise next door too, which of course they 'forgot' to mention during booking. It may be complete by now.

The Manhattan used to be my favourite budget spot, but I've avoided it lately due to more construction noise. Basic rooms, but they're all clean, you get a free breakfast and the place has a pool. Not bad for 1k a night.

Edited by PB Chris