Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am to be in Bangkok in July, and I am booked into the Nana hotel for two nights before heading to Pattaya. Is it really that bad? I just want to get over the jet lag and rest before heading off to Pattaya!

David

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am to be in Bangkok in July, and I am booked into the Nana hotel for two nights before heading to Pattaya. Is it really that bad? I just want to get over the jet lag and rest before heading off to Pattaya!

David

I am doing the same as you, I am booked into the Nana on the 25th then I am heading down to Pattaya the next day. I arrive in the morning so I can have a sleep then of to the Nana bars for a takeway. :banghead

i booked for 3 nights when i arrived in april but stayed only 1.......what a shit hole...save your money you can find much better for the same price.......grand inn is only 3 mins from the nana and rooms are superior....on another note the nana bars are a must.... :cry1

:banghead

What do you mean is it that bad ????????????

Don't know who you have been talking to but take it from me...........

The Nana Hotel and the surrounding area should be sampled at least once in every male's lifetime.It is a wonderment of sights,smells,moods,atmosphere and a slice of life that NO travel writer could put into words,NO camera could truly capture and NO man could possibly forget.

[SIZE=14]ENJOY[/size]

:cry1 :llaugh :sh :sosad :banghead :chogdee2 :clap2 :drunk :cry1

You're missing the point !!!

Yes it is a dump,yes it is dated,yes it is unattractive.........................but it's the Nana ! When you get to Pattaya have all the luxuary you want,this will make up for your couple of nights no frills.

There really is NO place like it.

David

Opinion on the Nana Hotel is highly polarized, probably more so than any other hotel that gets mentioned on this board. Having ploughed through hundreds of comments, I concluded that it all boils down to why you are staying there.

If, as you say, you simply want to get over the jet-lag and recharge your batteries for Pattaya the next day, you would be missing Nana's primary and possibly only virtue: that it is right at the pulsating heart of the action. It's not quite a question of location as there are better hotels in the immediate area but, rather, the hotel's pivotal role over a long and blissfully sordid history. Fans say that the character of the hotel itself, oozing sex from every brick and frayed curtain, adds to the excitement. For that unique ingredient, many overlook the variable quality of it's rooms.

Be honest with yourself: are you really going to go straight to bed?

Or is the excitement of arriving in a new country going to put enough gas in your tank to go out and monger?

If the former, get a more comfortable hotel further down Sukhumvit, possibly next to a BTS station so that you can quickly get to the Ekami bus station for the 2hr/120b coach journey to Pattaya - I found it very pleasant and more interesting than a monotonous cab journey.

If the latter, you might as well have the Nana experience - the atmosphere of the place should certainly give you a bit of extra pep.

Just as an aside, on my last trip I spent a few nights in BKK before moving on to the main part of my trip in Pattaya. The city itself is interesting enough but, frankly, the P4P scene there is pretty crappy compared to Pattaya: the drinks cost more, staff are less friendly, your fellow mongers aren't as cordial, the girls have major attitude, are much more expensive and have little interest in giving you the GFE.

In the gogos, there seems to be an epidemic of girls ordering themselves LDs on your bin, happened to me 3 times over a 4 day period and, each time, getting it fixed took some effort and argument. In all the time I've spent in Pattaya, that's only happened to me once, in Paris-A-GoGo, and, upon drawing their attention to it, the staff immediately dealt with it.

Pattaya, for all its problems, is miles better; personally, I would give BKK a miss and catch a taxi straight there.

Then again, many of the experienced BKK mongers I met were mystified as to why I would want to spent time in Pattaya, so, hey, its all a question of taste, you might love the city of angels.

Edited by donny

i booked in this place on my 3rd trip to los and lets just say i wasn't the only one not happy with the hotel. i had a room without a view (a brick wall) 1940's decor 2 single beds that couldn't be moved and the bathroom was absolutely disgusting it looked like someone had died in the bath and i would only recommend it for the location factor, on my next visit i booked into mikes hotel further along up on the opposite side of the road i paid 1,200 baht it had a double bed a single bed a 3 seater settee, a dining table with 4 chairs and boiling water on tap excellent for the midnight munchies for the old noodle pots...

Hi,

Donny is a better writer than me and his post should be read for an accurate account of the BKK P4P scene. Never had a bad room in Nana and there is an aroma of pussy in the air. :D

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate all that info Donny. I was told about this hotel by my brother, and after a long trip from Vancouver, I would really like to rest up a bit and take a shower. I will be going to the Eden club and the Soi 7 Biergarten, its supposed to be good! I am booked for two nights, however I may just stay the one night and then F off to Pattaya. Yes I will be mongering, but solo, it should prove interesting. I have booked a deluxe room if that means its better. I am also taking this Dr Love tour of the night life in Soi Cowboy, Patpong etc. I will not be staying more than two nights in Bangkok, as I am longing to see Pattaya, I mean Mongering the girls!!

David

:bow :bow :D :D :D

Davie boy, i have stayed at the nana twice. You made a good choice booking the deluxe room. I had a deluxe room and it was spotlessly clean, a bed big enough for FIVE!! and a view of the city. Had a superior room the time b4 and that was better again!

All these nana is a shithole reviews must be based on the standard rooms. Then you've got the location. Nana plaza over the road, angels disco in the hotel along with cocktail bar then you've got the legendary nana hotel car park where all the birds congregate after the bars and gogo's close! An experience not to be missed for any serious monger!!

skylab

People either love it or hate it, but I think staying there once is something one should do as a right of passage, an initiation ritual of sorts. Yes, the place is pretty worn down. The carpets need replacing, the walls need patching & painting, a lot of the furniture looks about a month a way from being sent to second store or donated to the Salvation Army, and someone really needs to take a look at the plumbing in some areas.

Nana Hotel, though, is almost an alternate universe, a place that exists outside normal time and space -- and reality for that matter. Unless you're someone who insists on high quality accommodations at all times, it's something to be done once just for the surreal experience of being there.

And oh, yeah: the breakfast buffet ain't too bad!

You're missing the point !!!

Yes it is a dump,yes it is dated,yes it is unattractive.........................but it's the Nana !  When you get to Pattaya have all the luxuary you want,this will make up for your couple of nights no frills.

There really is NO place like it.

You left out the part about the dirt and the bugs.

By all means, visit the hotel night club and parking lot after hours, just don't sleep there.

There are so many nice hotels with in walking distance that offer the same or better rates. Why give your money to a place that is ripping people off. They need a major overhaul or reduction in rates. The rooms are worth no more than 500 baht a night.

Just MHO.

Sailfast :chogdee2

Edited by Sailfast

Well i can only comment on the rooms i had and i had no complaints. Not one bug, not even a mosquito, spotlessly clean bathroom. Maybe i had the best room in the place! :D :chogdee2

I have some photos of the room if you want to check it out?

Well i can only comment on the rooms i had and i had no complaints. Not one bug, not even a mosquito, spotlessly clean bathroom. Maybe i had the best room in the place! :D :chogdee2

I have some photos of the room if you want to check it out?

Did you booh thru an agency (asiarooms, etc), book direct on Nana's website or just walk in?

Maybe the agency bookings get the shit rooms?

Its a complete dump, but its an experience. Its totally swarming with TGs. Even the porter who brought back my laundry tried to fix me up with an 18 year old, delivered to my room. I picked up a freelancer in soi 4, before she agreed to stay LT with me in the Nana she wanted a look at the room first. She wouldnt say why, but I guess its because its such a dump. She was married and was only working for 3 days while her husband was away on business, so maybe she was a bit fussy. the " full timers " didnt seem to bother. You can still sample the disco,bar and parking lot without staying there.

rwbrwb, i booked direct with nana via email. I have seen the shit rooms and they pale in comparison to the rooms i had. What you should do is check your room before you pay then you can change room or go somewhere else- UP TO YOU!

rwbrwb, i booked direct with nana via email. I have seen the shit rooms and they pale in comparison to the rooms i had. What you should do is check your room before you pay then you can change room or go somewhere else- UP TO YOU!

Hi,

Same, same. I always check a room and complain then if it is shitty(wouldn't stay in room if not value for money). Same as Skylab I e-mail hotel to book room.