Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

hi fella`s ,ok here`s the deal,i am looking for a hotel from the 30th oct for 11 nights after spending 3 in bkk. anyone got any really good reviews ? also i will have my mate with me who has never been to thailand so i want him to have a great time if you get my drift.it will also be my divorce party,so we will need a guest friendly hotel to enjoy ourselves ( he also divorced ).last time i stayed in pattaya was at the royal cliff-ouch,mega bucks but a brilliant hotel.that was 7 years ago!!! we won`t need anything that expensive,say 20 -25 quid a night,is it possible to just turn up on spec at this time of year and book in?? thanks in advance,chris :beer

Previous Post's Place is nice.

Sunshine Hotel is good and well situated for action

For a budget place I like the Welcome Plaza Hotel - excellent location, large pool, rooms 700 baht/night!(and I've gotten lower) I love the location - near Walking St, RG mall and right across from Pattayaland 2! For everything else it is right on the baht bus route(2nd Rd) to Jomtien or North Pattaya attractions.

Zeus

Hi chris

I don`t think you will have a problem on just turning up that time of year although if you have set your sights on 1 particular hotel if very popular you might just have a risk of it being full.

Just a thought - how about booking just 1 or 2 nights so you can party straight away! then look around for some place to stay the rest of your trip. Up to You

Plenty of choice in your price range and lower.

Enjoy your divorce party!!!! :thumbup :chogdee2

it is often stated to get a place for a night or two and then find another. But who really wants to spend time in Pattaya doing a tour of various hotels? I don't, and frankly never would find the time.

Just read over some of the reviews in this section and in the hotel review section. Also spend some time reading the trip report section to see where other guys stay.

Pick a place in a decent location, that is GF that has gotten some good reviews and just line it up ahead of time. Then you can spend your time in Pattaya enjoying it's pleasures and not tramping around looking at hotels and moving etc...

Book a hotel you like the look of for 2/3 nights and look around .

If you ask most will show you the rooms that are available .

that way you can also pick an area you like -everybody has different areas of pattaya they like.

sunshine vista is cheap, roof top pool and bar, near mikes shopping plaza and very guest friendly, hell the security guard even rates the girl on your arm with a wink & nod...just for a bit of variation i'm trying areca my next trip though.

You will have no problems that time of year. For a quick and easy hotel, I do recommend the FLipper Lodge on soi 8, close to Beach Road. Rooftop pool, in house massage is 300 baht for great one hour oil massage. Right in the middle of Pattaya so easy to go in any direction. Hotel should be about 600 to 700 baht a night during that time. SUmmer months they give huge discount, stay 7 nights, pay for 5 nights, average price is < 600 baht.

Two words: Areca Lodge.

Guest friendly, 2 swimming pools, free breakfast for 2, great location, very well maintained, etc.

Do a search on Areca Lodge and you'll find lots of positive comments.

I'll second that motion...!

cheers fella`s ,that`s given me something to puzzle over till i can book up.flicked through the reviews and found them really helpful,have to get my mate round for a few beers and pour over the pics ,he can have the choice i`m just glad to be coming back :drunk hope to see some of you soon <grin

This question is mostly aimed at woodyamsterdam as you seem to be a big fan of areca...i've booked the delux pool view room wonder if the rooms overlooking the main pool are better than the second pool? I understand the rooms over the second pool have to wake up to chickens early in the morning. Can you rec' a particular room to reserve? Any other tips to make my stay more enjoyable? cheers

This question is mostly aimed at woodyamsterdam as you seem to be a big fan of areca...i've booked the delux pool view room wonder if the rooms overlooking the main pool are better than the second pool? I understand the rooms over the second pool have to wake up to chickens early in the morning. Can you rec' a particular room to reserve? Any other tips to make my stay more enjoyable? cheers

For me the advantage is the unobstructed view if you have a room facing the back swimming pool. So if you have a workout with your TG you don't necessarily have to close the curtains and it is always nice if you wake up that you can enjoy your morning coffee at your balcony without staring at your opposite neighbour's morning wood..

I have read comments from other bm's about the roosters but in all honesty, I have never been bothered by that; I have hardly even noticed. You must be a very light sleeper if it does. We have stayed in room 2306 and 2406.

I.m.o. the location can't be beaten. All the action is at walking distance. Lolita's being just around the corner, lot's of beer bars, 7/11, Mike's shopping mall at 300 meters at your left, Walking Street a 10-15 minutes walk, same for soi 7 and 8 and second road is a main bath bus route.

And if you need a time-out the A.L. is like an oasis of tranquility.

Disadvantage is the non-smoking and the fact that the breakfast buffet is only untill 10 am. Also the balconies from the second floor and up are tiny!

Thanks woodyamsterdam, the plus's seem to outweigh the neg's however come 10.05am and i'm blurry eyed and with an equally hungry girl tagging behind as we find the the buffet closed I may be cursing a bit :clap2

On that matter, can you suggest a great place for breakfast in that general facinity? :clueless

• 2 weeks later...

The signage for breakfast says 10 am finish but reception upon check-in told us 10.30 and we did see people come in for breakfast after 10 without a problem,apart from that there are numerous place within 200 mts of the hotel for breakfast inc kiss food on the corner of soi dianna inn and second road.

ozboy

the royal palace between welcome plaza and royal twin hotel is a great hotel for the price...if you join their membership for 350 baht, which is good for 2 years...the rooms are 800 baht a night. Excellent for the money