Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Business Class check in

hi guys

i am flying on thursday from heathrow to amsterdam with klm in economy class and then from schiphol to bangkok in Business class with China Airlines. My question is can I check in at Heathrow in the Business class check in or do I have to check in with the economy passengers.

I really have no idea as i have never flown business class before.

Many thanks

If you are holding a Business Class boarding pass you can board with the business class passengers.

If you have a China Air Gold Card (or higher) you can board with the business class and first class passengers regardless of where you are sitting in the aircraft.

Edited by Samsonite

Check-in at Business Class. The worst thing that can happen is they send you over to economy. It's unlikely, though. Make sure they tag your bags priority so they come out of sooner. Have a good trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the same as you, how did you book this? Did you book the KLM flight separate? or did a travel agent book it all for you? Cause CI has some nice Biz fares but its not worth paying biz for the KLM flight.

I was just re-reading your message. At Heathrow you check in with economy/tourist class passengers. At AMS you check in with Business Class passengers.

Pay attention Mr Samsonite...... :beer

Check in with Economy class at KLM checkin in Heathrow, all the way through to final destination. Wouldn't recommend collecting baggage at Schiphol, going through immigration and then checking in again at China Airlines....just to stand in the business class line looking smug. :drunk

I have flown many times KLM from Norwich to Amsterdam, then ChinaAirlines dynasty class! Luggage is checked through to Bangkok from Norwich. In the past I've been given a boarding pass for my onward connection, but of late I've had to check-in again at schiphol.

In 11 days time I am flying world bussiness class with KLM, this will be my 1st in this class & probably the last at these prices, but I wanted to treat myself :allright

I will take a couple of photos for the trip report..

:D

Pay attention Mr Samsonite...... :chogdee2

Check in with Economy class at KLM checkin in Heathrow, all the way through to final destination. Wouldn't recommend collecting baggage at Schiphol, going through immigration and then checking in again at China Airlines....just to stand in the business class line looking smug. :beer

Sorry, what I meant is he would board with the tourist class passengers at Heathrow and board with the business class passengers at AMS.

I have flown many times KLM from Norwich to Amsterdam, then ChinaAirlines dynasty class! Luggage is checked through to Bangkok from Norwich. In the past I've been given a boarding pass for my onward connection, but of late I've had to check-in again at schiphol.

In 11 days time I am flying world bussiness class with KLM, this will be my 1st in this class & probably the last at these prices, but I wanted to treat myself :clueless

I will take a couple of photos for the trip report..

:eyecrazy

I have done KLM Business 4 or 5 times now. Best price you will come up with is around £1400. Tip..row 77.

They use rather old 747s and it is nowhere near the standard of BA business. But then again you don't get the BA attitude or extra £1000+ to pay and the occassional strike at Heathrow. You get a nice little Blue Delft house to collect full of schnapps.

Many extol the virtues of the newer Middle East Carriers (Ethiad, Qatar and Emirates), but the stopover seems to make the journey very long on the second leg.

I have done KLM Business 4 or 5 times now. Best price you will come up with is around £1400. Tip..row 77.

They use rather old 747s and it is nowhere near the standard of BA business. But then again you don't get the BA attitude or extra £1000+ to pay and the occassional strike at Heathrow. You get a nice little Blue Delft house to collect full of schnapps.

Many extol the virtues of the newer Middle East Carriers (Ethiad, Qatar and Emirates), but the stopover seems to make the journey very long on the second leg.

cheers jacko, I've paid £1460, row 77? whats so special? I can check-in 24 hours in advance on-line, so I'll do that to get these seats.

:drunk

cheers jacko, I've paid £1460, row 77? whats so special? I can check-in 24 hours in advance on-line, so I'll do that to get these seats.

:drunk

Row 77 passengers get a free blow job off the stewardess. :D :D :D

:allright

Row 77 is upstairs emergency exit row, bags of space between you and row infront. Because you cannot reach the seatback infront sometimes you struggle to find places to put all the crap. Aisle seat is convenient for getting in and out, but window seat has these extra storage boxes right next to you that gives you the storage space. It is also somewhere to put things down on when the lid is closed.

Enough space to climb over the guy in the aisle seat if he is asleep and horizontal.

Join their FF club yet?

You can check in via internet up to 30 hours before.

Edited by jacko
Row 77 is upstairs emergency exit row, bags of space between you and row infront. Because you cannot reach the seatback infront sometimes you struggle to find places to put all the crap. Aisle seat is convenient for getting in and out, but window seat has these extra storage boxes right next to you that gives you the storage space. It is also somewhere to put things down on when the lid is closed.

Enough space to climb over the guy in the aisle seat if he is asleep and horizontal.

Join their FF club yet?

Cheers! Yes already joined FF club, I have been flying china airlines until recently, dynasty class mostly, but had an argument with them. KLM has a better arrival/departure time & is better all round.

I will try for the seats you suggest.

:allright

• 2 weeks later...

jacko

I tried earlier to book the seats you advised, I did it exactly on the 30 hour mark, there were only 2 other seats available, than the ones that were already given (72) I thought that can't be right :allright so I phoned KLM they checked availability & what I had said was right only 2 spare seats that could be changed, how come I said?

They told me I can book my seat 90 days in advance <grin which is why they rest are already taken :allright Its no big deal really,as I will be making the most of it!! :clueless :thumbup

Maybe we can have a night out on the go-go reports :3some

see you on there other side <grin

sexy :thumbup

:3some

QUOTE (Cennn3 @ Jun 29 2006, 10:49 AM)

Row 77 passengers get a free blow job off the stewardess.   

My credit card paid for the flight, not me!  Cheers Cen, I hope you've talked something up 

Good one Cenn.No good for Dale,unless you substitute steward for ess !

He takes it up " your granny whistling " you know ?

• 4 weeks later...
Can someone help.I seem to have lost my link to the China Air deals

for Biz class.Last time i looked the fare was around £1100.

Thanx

Not China Air...though the prices for these flights are very cheap £372 return...when you arrive at the airport, go to business check-in and tell them you were fucked about at the booking agency and you want to pay for an upgrade to business (approx £500 return) if they are fully booked (which is rare) at least you have a cheap flight out and ask them to book a business class for your return.

Qatar business is very good and I shall be going back home to LOS in 2 weeks...I will post pics of its seating etc when I get back

Cheap Flights £372