100 THB Insurance Surcharge

100 THB Administration Fee

146 THB Value Added Tax

800 THB Fuel Surcharge

--------------------------------

1246.86 THB Total Tax

50 THB Water Charge

for 2 round trip 4490 baht

The thing with AirAsia is: You had better check in before the counter is closed for your flight. Try using the excuse your late because the other AirAsia flight you were just on was delayed. See how far that will get you. This happened to me in Jan on a Chang Mai to BKK flight. Four of us missed the check in window and I had to eat the tickets and cost. Check out Thai Air for 4 one ways and still booked on AirAsia. I was pissed but got over it when I saw how much Thai wanted.

Still cheaper than Thai

4180.00 + 1010.00 x 2 Adult = 10380.00

and much cheaper than LAX to BKK

EVA all in August 19 - Sept 10 econo 36,449.18 THB

Edited by handle

1200 Baht to Chiang Mai! Can't get a taxi to Pattaya cheaper than that! It's a great deal, but expect a delay. My girlfriend works for the airline and there's always a delay! They should just push back all there flight times 2 hours and they'd be on time.

A few months ago I flew with them to Chiang Rai for only 99 Baht plus tax.

Yeah, all the Air Asia flights I've had have been on time.

Suggest members read a lengthy post by "Sully" posted on the AC2 site concerning his diabolical experiences with this so called Airline,of flights between Clark and Bangkok! :clueless :drunk :D

Also posts under the "Nic" of Sullo here so a PM will also explain the problems encountered. :D :D :sh

Suggest members read a lengthy post by "Sully" posted on the AC2 site concerning his diabolical experiences with this so called Airline,of flights between Clark and Bangkok! :clueless :drunk :D

Also posts under the "Nic" of Sullo here so a PM will also explain the problems encountered. :D :D :sh

stevo, are you able to paste it on here?

stevoman,

I remember his long, rambling post. Basically, Thai Air Asia doesn't fly BKK-Clark, nor does it advertise that it does. However, Sullo decided that the two flights BKK-KUL and KUL-Clark amounted to a connecting flight and was pissed off when he, quite predictably, missed his so-called connection.

The only thing that surprised me was that he wasn't looking for investors in a travel agency ......... or maybe he was. :clueless

Suggest members read a lengthy post by "Sully" posted on the AC2 site concerning his diabolical experiences with this so called Airline,of flights between Clark and Bangkok! :ang2 :ang2 :ang2

Also posts under the "Nic" of Sullo here so a PM will also explain the problems encountered. :sh :sh :sh

As I posted They have been fine for me but I can't speak for the others :unsure:

I flew with air asia about 6 times in 5 weeks about 2 flights were delayed for about 30 minutes. I think most airlines would have a delay of some sort on their flights and charge you tripple of air asia. Or you get what you pay for !

I've never been on an Air Asia flight that took off or landed on time. Closest I ever came was 20 minutes late. Also, 1 time I had a 5 1/2 hour delay. Not fun. Try Nok Air for better discount service.

air asia are in the business of selling dreams, The flight costs x amount in advert, twice as much to buy..... you book to fly on a specific plane that may well not fly (or the next one) if it does not have enough passengers (hence 5 hour delay)........ and internet web site tells you you have made a booking having taken all your C.C. details and then you actually haven't got one.

Still cheap as chips so if time and uncertainty does not matter to you, get into it.

Personally i will try and act my age next time and book something a bit more sensible.

:rolleyes:

YMMV,

Out of the 8 fights with them in January, 2 were delayed.

The critial one having a connection on the other end, that cost me.

Have flown a total of 16 fights of which 4 have been delayed by 30 minutes or more.

Lesson learned when I have a connecting flight. Don't count on them to get you there on time.

99 baht sounds good until you miss the next fight. You eat the tickets and have to rebook at a much higher cost. Don't bother rebooking at the airport. Do it online if you can.

Their call center is a waste of your time. In this case you do get what you pay for.

Airasia rates are great if booked way in advance (at least 3-4 months out) as the closer to flight date the rates are not cheap. For their service, lateness,small seats that only a small asian male can fit into--airasia is only good when their sales are on . Otherwise, better to book with another discount airline.

PT