Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Air Lon-Bkk £426 inc taxes

I was offered Thai air.....for the 30th Sep....from Westeast travel at £436 all in.......but it was W class......and i needed Q class as i have a Gold card and need the miles....ended up paying £550 all in.............. :ang2

Guest Fatboyfat

West East are offering the following at the moment

Qatar Airways :clap1 £290 return

Thai £316

Etihad £310

Cathay £390

Malaysia £400

EVA (December Dep)£425 - cattle / £580 - "Aberdeen Angus cattle" (New Elite) :D

Whether you can actually GET those prices remains a mystery ! :D

Edited by Fatboyfat

Pattayamad,

Have you ever considered switching carriers if your airmiles are important to you (fair enough) ??

If you switch to Emirates and qualify for Gold card then each round trip gets you approx 19200 miles in economy no matter what class of economy ticket and Emirates tends to be cheaper usually, though not always.

For each 4 round trips you then get a freebie.

Chivas

Hi,

When was it for mate ?

Thurs 5th Oct-Sun 29th Oct,

I have checked website today and your are correct the fare has increased, from £426 to £427 fare still av as of 1600 today.

Bergerac.

I have checked website today and your are correct the fare has increased, from £426 to £427 fare still av as of 1600 today.

Hi,

Good price, pity I can't go at the moment. Get on the bus. :D

If you switch to Emirates and qualify for Gold card then each round trip gets you approx 19200 miles in economy no matter what class of economy ticket and Emirates tends to be cheaper usually, though not always.

For each 4 round trips you then get a freebie.

This mileage thing never seems clear to me. This seems different to what Cheshire Tom said a day or two ago.

Dont forget to ad the tax on. I paid in whole with Westeastern 461pounds for december. The base price was 310, then there is tax 94, 2% surcharge because I used CC and then I think 7 pounds for post back here to Iceland. It all adds up.

For ex. I have to pay 35pounds on Airline Network for the postage so this is one of the things you have to figure in to the price. The cheapest may not be the chepest when you figure everything in.

I also paid £426.00 for Thai Air, with Cerdit Card booking charge a total of £434.52 including all taxes. Out on the 8th September back 5th October. Thought it was a good deal. Booked on Sunday the 16th. :D

I saw the £316.00 deal also, but how you get it God only knows?

From around Feb this year until mid July the Thai fare was always 426 on most web sites I always got it on opodo and I went in March April May June and July at the same price. It was the same last year, but, as it did last year, the Thai price always goes up in the second half of the year. Not sure why.

This mileage thing never seems clear to me. This seems different to what Cheshire Tom said a day or two ago.

Hi,

Not sure what Cheshire Tom may have mentioned Re Emirates recently recently however as a GOLD Card holder I can confirm that round trips LHRW-BKK attracts 19,338 air miles in any class of economy and from Gatwick-bkk round trip attracts 19,290 air miles in economy.

75,000 needed for freebie - ie 4 round trips.

Chivas : <grin

So four round trips with Emirates gets you a freebie ?

As Emirates are now on average £100 dearer than Eithad/Qatar from Manchester i can save around £475.00 by using say Eithad. ! So is the FF club with Emirates worthwile ? Was a silver member with Emirates but now fly with Eithad from Manchester. Understand Eithad will shortly intoduce a FF programme so if they keep prices at around £400 mark and with a FF programme they will be very hard to beat

Yes I posted on another thread that indeed Etihad will be a force to be reckoned with if they introduce a frequent flyer scheme.

Further to other threads whereby Etihad customers were delighted to be finding multiple empty seats on their flights those flying in the very near future will find the aircraft well full.

My return to Bangkok was to have been today on Etihad using the return portion of a coupon.I had to amend the date (FOC) and first available seat in Economy was August 10th which I gratefully grabbed.

Chivas

Gents I too am an Emirates Gold FF memeber and can confirm that 75000 miles will get you a free return flight in economy. I am flying from Glasgow and don't mind the couple of hours stop over in Dubia. I have looked at other airlines but by the time I cost in the travel to London, Manchester etc. it really doesn't make much difference and Emirates have never let me down so far.

Also with Emirates if you book through the website well in advance you not only get extra points but are also more likely to get a free upgrade.

Reference the Etihad FF program in my limited experience when this is introduced you'll probably find it harder to get the flights at rock bottom prices, as ultimately they have to recoup the money somehow.

Remember nothing in life is free, someone always pays somehow.

I had to wait to get my leave approved at work, so have only just booked.

At West East, last week they had a load of into Bangkok at 6am/back to London 6am flights for the days I was thinking of, but today I couldn't find one at the cheap rate, just the into/back early evening flights.

Found one, and booked, with Airline Network at £440, but had to have a Monday return. Didn't mind paying a couple of quid more for the better timings, and the Monday return gives me another day in LOS :clueless

Roll on October 28th! :banghead :banghead :banghead

airmiles with thai are a joke. Tto get full ammount you can pay at least £150 -£200 more than the cheapest return with thai. with any cheap ticket you specifically cannot upgradeit also takes seven return trips fromthe uk plus the need to buy miles check the price of airmiles on their website a cheaper ticket is always a lot cheaper than paying their full rate

I just booked with westeast travel for 4 October departure 3 November return at a price of 436.00 They did however add 9.25 credit card fee :D :banghead

Could someone please quickly explain this FF & Gold or Silver member stuff at emirates. How long do have for example to do 4 round to be entitled to the 5th free?? 12 months? 18 Months? 6 months?

Sorry for appearing like such a novice but I usually just book a flight with who ever is cheapest at the time but I am booked with emirates for my next trip next month and was wondering if it is worth my while starting FF orsimilar scheme. I go to LOS around 3 times a year.

Cheers and thanks in advance.