Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi,

First, I'm sorry for my bad english but I'm french (nobody is perfect) :drunk

I was in Pattaya 2 time before but only in November and that was great :clap2

This winter I go with one friend and we plan to spend Christmas and New year's eve there...

I'm have heard something about that period : somebody tell that there is no action at that time and most of the bar and gogo are empty between 25 décember and the 5 january :chogdee2

If someone have been in Pattaya for Christmas and New year's eve before, I 'm interrested to have his opinion about that...

No bar or bargirl discussion here. I go every xmas and newyr. Plenty to do, post in member section you will get your answer.

Pattaya is quite busy and everything is open especially late on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. It's a giant party everywhere. Remember, this is a non-Christian country, so nothing is shut for Christmas.

Welcome to the board Bushi. I spent the holidays in Pattaya last year and had the time of my life. I attended parties at FLB on both Christmas and New Year's eve last year and had the time of my life. Pattaya is anything but slow over the holidays and hopefullty I will be there for them again this year. :chogdee2 :chogdee2

Christmas and New Year in Pattaya = PARTY PARTY PARTY

I love it over in Pattaya at that time of year, busy as fuck but who cares!!

:chogdee2

And if you want a baht bus on Christmas Eve or Hogmanay - forget it! :chogdee2

Coming from Jomtien, I had to wait about 20 minutes both days to get into town. On Hogmanay, I struck it lucky on the way back as a bus had just pulled up at the junction between 2nd Road and South Pattaya Road when I arrived. There were NO buses waiting! :cry1

I may just stay in Jomtien this year!

Alan

Just avoid hotels with expensive dinners on christmas eve and NYE, also book hotel early as many thais come to Pattaya over christmas and NY.

That is a good point as many places will automatically include those dinners and parties in the cost of the room and you will not be given an option. This happened to my friend last year when he stayed at Penthouse. :rolleyes:

I can't stand that friggin "surcharge" for the "gala event" many places seem to charge for Xmas and New Years! :hijack But, my first trip was during these holidays and Pattaya was PACKED with both tourists and Ladies. No worries. Plenty of women to go around. :clueless

I can't stand that friggin "surcharge" for the "gala event" many places seem to charge for Xmas and New Years! :drunk But, my first trip was during these holidays and Pattaya was PACKED with both tourists and Ladies. No worries. Plenty of women to go around. :llaugh

I must have somehow mis-read your posting where-in you stated that you were arriving in Thailand on 1/1/06 for 10 days,as that would mean that the xmas and new years EVE gala dinners were completed,or did you just forget that posting? or maybe that wasn't your 1st trip! Very confusing eh,but at least you appeared to arrive safely eventually,well done. <grin <grin :dhorse

I must have somehow mis-read your posting where-in you stated that you were arriving in Thailand on 1/1/06 for 10 days,...

Since it's obviously very important to you, I'll take the time...I arrived in Thailand 12/28/05 and in PATTAYA 01/01/06...Although none of this has to do with the fact that I hate those friggin Surcharges. The point to to OP was that Pattaya was PACKED (i.e. not slow and plenty of ladies), contrary to his/her concerns that the place would be desolate.. okay now.... 1luv

I have been to Pattaya for both xMas and NYE, and I won't do it again

barfines are raised to stop clientele from barfining the gals too early

and some just have a policy of NO LT

the only sensible place was Soi 6, nothing changed there

now, New Year's Day was a diff. story, but that's because I met with mates on that day, and they also said they'd never do NYE in Pattaya, just a waste, better to stay at home, or have dinner in a decent restaurant and be home in bed by midnite, 555

I was in pattaya for christmas in 2004 and 2005. The buffet at the Lek Hotle was fabulous. Outdoors by the pool. Real turkeys being carved. prawns and crabs and kebobs on the grill. Just wonderfult.

A few of the hotels may be full, but there are always others to pick. Weather was cool in 2005. actually wearing a sweater at night was not unusual. This was my 4th time to Thailand.

Some businesses were a bit crowded. I liked that. better than being the only patron in an establishment

• 2 weeks later...

Too expensive and poluted with amature punters!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: 001.jpg

I did, hovever spend Christmas in Patong one and found that I was very popular in a Red short/shirt with Santa Cap etc. I had about 25 VERY cheap Santa Caps I had brought in china town

chinatown.jpg

in Bangkok...........

Oh, how I wish I could have a lil BG discussion on that night!

Too expensive and poluted with amature punters!!!!!!!!!!!! :cussing 001.jpg

I did, hovever spend Christmas in Patong one and found that I was very popular in a Red short/shirt with Santa Cap etc. I had about 25 VERY cheap Santa Caps I had brought in china town

chinatown.jpg

in Bangkok...........

Oh, how I wish I could have a lil BG discussion on that night!

Nice to see you trolling agian HonnoluluJimmy! Ya fecking prick! :eyecrazy :cussing :banghead

Alan,

Hogmanay ? Is that what you pay for a pig roast ? :eyecrazy

I found this on the net, which may be of interest to some of you. When I started working back in 1972, Boxing Day (26th December) was another working day as was New Year's Day in England.

http://www.rampantscotland.com/know/blknow12.htm

Alan

Very interesting.....I would think that it may occur post Xmas due to the :D

state on the previous day.........You know the Thais, love to party...they get 2 New Years, Happy Birthdya buddah and Christmas....

Now this :chogdee2 is my kinda Xmas...with my friends in lil red outfits :D

Very interesting.....I would think that it may occur post Xmas due to the :D

state on the previous day.........You know the Thais, love to party...they get 2 New Years, Happy Birthdya buddah and Christmas....

Now this :chogdee2 is my kinda Xmas...with my friends in lil red outfits :D

Yeah Jimmy we know you like "little people" and I am not talking about midgets either. Your stupid ass is recognized a fucking mile away!

I agrree that Xmas and New Years is great in LOS and specifically in the P's, that would be Patojng and Pattaya. for me whom spends every oher month in LOS I avoid that time due to the incredable hotel rates. If I we're a once or twice a yea guy that would be a time I would pic...Even the girlies are great fun. Like I said, I can envision some very cute little "room outifts in red" :D

I have some pics but they have to wait untill I'm in the memeber section! <grin

:llaugh i spent xmas and new year 2005 in patters and intend to be there this year as well its great

just book your hotel early :)

Same same me. I just have to work at making it happen. :D