Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see where it is a discount up till Oct 31(low season). The big question for me, is this a rate for november also? Prices are much higher in high season.

If this rate applies for my dates Nov 6 - Dec 5. I'll be there. :thumbup

I think the rate applies for high season as well. But, best to check when you send your reservation request.

What was wrong with the free WI-FI that you went for that rather expensive ADSL?

I too use the ADSL in the room. Since they upgraded their network broadband facilities, I'm getting between 600Kbps and 1Mbps download speeds. The WiFi connections are shared and not as fast, but they would be great for simple browsing and email etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Great stuff & tx for the effort !!!!!!

I was looking at the LK Mansion, seemed good.....but that seems to be

another LK "unit" apparently...........................unfortunately....!

Anyone stayed at the LK Mansion before ???? All input greatly appreciated !!!

Jay

Im also looking at LK Mansion ,which is near LK Metropole

Looks good price compare LK Metropole

Only 12000 week for 1 bed room delux suite .

Has any BM stopped here and is it Girl friendly .thats important

question :thumbup

I have booked a studio appt.....separate bedroom + living etc... for BHT2000 per night at LK Pavillion betwen Xmas + NYE.....which of course is the highest of the high seasons.......

Anyone know if this is a good hotel/deal......and how these three LK places....Mansions, Metropole + Pavillion compare.....

I am told by a friend that they are all GF but was wondering if anyone else has experienced all or some of these LK's

I have booked a studio appt.....separate bedroom + living etc... for BHT2000 per night at LK Pavillion betwen Xmas + NYE.....which of course is the highest of the high seasons.......

Anyone know if this is a good hotel/deal......and how these three LK places....Mansions, Metropole + Pavillion compare.....

I am told by a friend that they are all GF but was wondering if anyone else has experienced all or some of these LK's

LK Metropole is GF.

I arrive in dec and I got this deal.

The price for staying from 21 dec to 31 jan is about 20000 baht per

> month(excluded electricity which will be charge at only 7 baht per

> unit) Ten days left will be counted as 20000baht/30days=667per day* 10

> days=6670 baht.

>

> 40 days = 26,670 baht(net price excluded electricity)

If it`s GF I dont know but some friends who stay there before said it`s no problem.

I have no idea if that is a valid email address or not. Did you try using their Reservation Form?

Martin,

The reservation form requires a Credit Card. I'm not keen on using a Credit Card over the net or in LOS at all! I will, but I'm not keen.

However, I see no point at all in using one before I'm sure that there's a vacant room of the standard I'm enquiring about.

Like manracer, I've been trying to contact LK Mansion, but they don't answer emails. I have phoned them and spoken to a receptionist "no pomplem, have loom", but she didn't want a CC, or my email address, or my postal address, I had to remind her to take my name! So I'm confident about that - not.

Fortunately it's not too important as it's for February (so it's early, so what? :banana ) and I'll be over in November, so I can do it in person, but it IS annoying.

I've got to wonder just how professional an outfit is if they don't even answer emails.

Good deals at the Metropole by the way, well done there. :banana :hijack

• 2 weeks later...

Just got denied a long-stay request starting in September. LK says they're not accepting anymore people at the long-stay rate until after high season. Kinda of bummed about that as I really like the place. Not sure if I'm annoyed enough to take my business elsewhere.

LK Metropole also offers lower prices for stays of 2 months or longer. But "Water supply charge 25 Baht per unit and Electricity charge 7 Baht per unit " for these long term stays only. Does anyone have any idea how many baht this would amount to?

I stayed in a superior and the water/electric charges ranged from 2,000 to 3,500.

Like manracer, I've been trying to contact LK Mansion, but they don't answer emails. I have phoned them and spoken to a receptionist "no pomplem, have loom", but she didn't want a CC, or my email address, or my postal address, I had to remind her to take my name! So I'm confident about that - not.

Try emailing lk_rsvn@yahoo.com. That is the email they have on their stationary. LK Mansions is reportedly hard to get to and less organized, but I can attest to the fact that they have a permanent full-time person reading reservations for the LK Metropole.

Good luck and thanks for the consideration on your sig. :thumbup

Just got denied a long-stay request starting in September. LK says they're not accepting anymore people at the long-stay rate until after high season. Kinda of bummed about that as I really like the place. Not sure if I'm annoyed enough to take my business elsewhere.

So are they full over the high season :cry1

Try emailing lk_rsvn@yahoo.com. That is the email they have on their stationary. LK Mansions is reportedly hard to get to and less organized, but I can attest to the fact that they have a permanent full-time person reading reservations for the LK Metropole.

Good luck and thanks for the consideration on your sig. :D

Thanks Martin, tried that. 5 days and nothing. I'll give up on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Martin,

I booked up last week for my stay in Oct and April was fantastic, we exchanged 3 e-mails and I've got a Superior room booked for 2200b p/n , no problem, she couldn't have been more helpful. Normally stay Areca lodge, so thanks for the post as this hotel looks great.

Adam :clap1

• 1 month later...

According to their website, the Deluxe Suite is a 2 bedroom suite. Their site also says for all rooms: 'room rate is for 2 persons, 300 baht charge for third person.'

Does that mean that if my buddy and I get the 2-bedroom deluxe suite and we both bring girls back that we'll be charged a 6oo baht "girl charge"?

Best,

Scoot

• 4 weeks later...
According to their website, the Deluxe Suite is a 2 bedroom suite. Their site also says for all rooms: 'room rate is for 2 persons, 300 baht charge for third person.'

Does that mean that if my buddy and I get the 2-bedroom deluxe suite and we both bring girls back that we'll be charged a 6oo baht "girl charge"?

Best,

Scoot

I'm confused too! I could only confirm from the website that a 2 bedrrom suite was "The Duplex".

I would also like to know if it is guest friendly.

The ADSL took a minute to set up. There is a network cable (3 foot only) in the room attached to the ADSL modem, plug it in and start your browser. A browser page will come up and you enter your ID/Password in that you get from the front desk. Can't get simpler than that.

The Hotel is girl friendly, never a hassle. See my review under Hotels.

Hi Martin,

Just wandering if you know if the discount applies to the Metrople suite (penthouse)?

Many thanks Agent

Hi Martin,

I just got an email back from reservations and the discounts dont apply to the Metropole, versace and family suites. Not to worry though I still booked the Metropole suite. Thanks for making me aware of this up market hotel :banana

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just booked a studio room at the metropole for a month from early march for the flb rate of 36,000baht and recieved confirmation straight away which included breakfast for 2, so i guess breakfast is included in the flb rate. i dont know what the problem with custumer service people are complaining about i sent 2 emails to them and recieved replys the next day.