Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Appears the LK Metropole reservations people were planning to ask me whether a reservation was being made by a pattayatalk member, but they have yet to do that. I assume they are still taking reservations for that rate.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made a reservation for a trip in May using the LK Metropole online reservation form. Gave my credit card information to hold the reservation. Received an email the next day confirming my reservation and stating that my credit card would be charged for one night and the amount would be refunded at checkout. Received another email a week later stating that I needed to fax in a reservation form with my credit card information ASAP or my reservation would be cancelled. Is this their normal procedure?

Made a reservation for a trip in May using the LK Metropole online reservation form. Gave my credit card information to hold the reservation. Received an email the next day confirming my reservation and stating that my credit card would be charged for one night and the amount would be refunded at checkout. Received another email a week later stating that I needed to fax in a reservation form with my credit card information ASAP or my reservation would be cancelled. Is this their normal procedure?

I've staid there quite a few times and never had to fax anything.

When the LK is fully booked, near enough next door on LK metro is Kerati homestay this is owened by LK metropole thus you can use all facilities and the rooms are fully loaded some with 4 posters,ktchens and good long stay rates depending on what size,worth looking at.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to book a 1 bedroom suite for a month stay in august but the reservation page doesn't have all the room options on it, so have emailed them but am yet to hear back but will see how we go.

Am I correct in assuming though that 10% tax will be added to the monthly rate?

I made an enquiry on their booking page in May for a month stay for Nov/Dec. Without confirmation they took 10000Bht from credit card as deposit. It turned out to be a mix up and last week they were going to refund my card.

I had quite a few emails to them and it seems to be they check emails every couple of days so, it takes about 3 days for each response.

I am not going to slag them off as I think it is just usual thai admin but I will lose out on credit card handling/exchange rate charges with the refund. I do think you need to confirm exactly what the cost is and what is included.

Have a good trip

:clueless

Am I correct in assuming though that 10% tax will be added to the monthly rate?

I am pretty sure the rate is inclusive of tax.

• 2 weeks later...

G'DAY Playmates :clap2

RE the LK METROPOLE ,... .......My wife & i have just booked the one bedroom suite for 9 days oct 27th--nov5th originally quoted BHT 1.600 @ night .. ( i quoted i was a FLB member ) i only hope they stick to it ?? Anyway , i emailed them & they got straight back to me ( must have caught them at a weak moment or just plain lucky ) :D

the email address i used was ..lk rsvn@yahoo.com........There is a space between the LK & RSVN???? :D

the person that contacted me is ,, CHOTIKA O :party I HOPE THIS HELPS

MRBILL2 :D

G'DAY Playmates :clap2

RE the LK METROPOLE ,... .......My wife & i have just booked the one bedroom suite for 9 days oct 27th--nov5th originally quoted BHT 1.600 @ night .. ( i quoted i was a FLB member ) i only hope they stick to it ?? Anyway , i emailed them & they got straight back to me ( must have caught them at a weak moment or just plain lucky ) :wanker

the email address i used was ..lk rsvn@yahoo.com........There is a space between the LK & RSVN????

the person that contacted me is ,, CHOTIKA O :party I HOPE THIS HELPS

MRBILL2 :bigsmile:

That's an awesome rate for the one bedroom suite. I only negotiated 3000/night for that room (normally 4600), so I can't see how 1600/night would be possible. Are you sure you booked the one bedroom suite?

If you send me a PM with your last name, I can double check your reservation for you. Something sounds wrong here. I'd hate for you to be surprised or disappointed when you arrive.

MM,

I have booked the LK Metro Suite II for 11 days of my stay from June 29th through July 10th. This seems to be a nice suite and I confirmed the reservation with Mr. Tony today. Just an FYI here. Also, would like to connect with you to say hello at some point and have a drink. Always a pleasure and thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I just enquired about booking studio room at LK Metropole at 2200 per night for 5 nights

Told them I would fax my credit card details to confirm 1st night because of late arrival.

They e-mailed me back saying they wanted a 4000 Baht deposit - anyone had this experience before?

I just booked a room for 1518 bht through Agoda for Sep. They have some of the best rates for hotels I've seen.

What size room did you get for that price. The Metropole has a pretty large variety of room types/sizes.

I booked a Standard Room. They want 2500 bht on Metropole's web site and 1800 bht for the FLB Deal for the same roon...so I think I got a pretty goo deal. I've never stayed there but have heard good things about the hotel and I like the area. I've stayed at the Areca and wanted to try something different.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked a return trip to the Metropole with the FLB rate of 19,600ThB per week for a one bed room suite October 20 - 28. Thank you Martin for arranging for the FLB discount rate! :D

Stayed at the Metropole last spring in the same room and was extremely pleased with the amenities, the attention to detail from the housekeeping staff and the wonderful service from the breakfast staff. The location is great and it was only a quick Baht Bus to the FLB. The staff treated my TG with the utmost respect as well as polite acceptance by other guests. One of my favorite memories of my last trip was a conversation with an older English gentleman in the health club steam room one morning, and his amazement that I was up every morning working out in the gym after a long night of “working out”...

Looking forward to my next stay! :D

Mendo

I heard that there was a problem with the speed of the wifi. Has this been fixed? Also how much is the charge?

Some hotels don't have a problem with bringing a guest but will charge for a second. I like taking 2 girls (sometimes more) back to my room.

thanks for your help

I heard that there was a problem with the speed of the wifi. Has this been fixed? Also how much is the charge?

Some hotels don't have a problem with bringing a guest but will charge for a second. I like taking 2 girls (sometimes more) back to my room.

thanks for your help

All the rooms are wired for ADSL now. I don't even know if there is wifi available anymore. In any event, the hotel (much to my annoyance) started charging for internet usage. As I recall, you can buy 20 hours for 1000B. This gives you a login and password for that many hours. If you get a wifi signal, you'll still have to use the login/password. This is silly money grabbing, but they are adamant about it, and I could not sway them.