Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Guys are no show for taxi, hotel

Guy changes his mind about coming to LOS and can he be bothered to notify the car service or hotel? You'd be surprised at the number of no shows. Maybe you won't be if you tried to book a hotel and they demand one night payment in advance.

Don't be more of an asshole then you already are. Change in travel plans please cancel.

Both times I've beent here I've been asked for a deposit by Sawasdee.com for that very reason. 1 night in advance and in full about a week before arrival. The only problem is if you don't like the hotel or want to change for any reason during your stay, you probably won't get any money back. :clueless

Still, I do understand why they do this as I've been told by many inn keepers the cost of no-shows can be substantial. I work part-time in a hotel and we routinely charge no-shows on their mandatory CC. Same Same thailand.

As long as you have to stay "somewhere" do your research, make a reservation and keep it. If you must cancel, have the friggin courtesy of letting someone know.

Of course there is a responsibility on all parties to act in good faith whenever they enter into contractual relations with anyone else. Things do go wrong at times. IMHO the trick is to minimise any upset by being completely up front with those you are dealing with.

I have no poblem with paying a deposit or, indeed, the whole amount for a hotel prior to arrival. Had to do this in May when I booked the Areca Lodge through Sawasdee.

I have been lucky its only nearly happened twice both times they did not cancell

so i was trying to email them ,and post a theard,for confirmation after firm bookings ,,they never answed either.i said nothing thats bizz

but kama got them back for that,sorry to say one fell off his motor bike broke his ankle,the other got in a taxi from the a/port,got ripped off and said it was the ride from hill

[something to think about while growing up] :banghead

Its nice to be nice

Edited by lostinspace

Is this the volunteer morals police section :D

turn the post around:

the taxi dont show for you.....then they want their money???

then you go to the hotel, they gave away your reserved room???

That goes double for the dickheads that book 4 different hotels for the same night. <huh

And these same guys are the wonder why the Hotels want CC Pre Payment :D

And these same guys are the wonder why the Hotels want CC Pre Payment

Hi,

English are worst at this, book 4 restaurants, meet up and decide which to go to. Most restaurants take CC details and charge no shows a fee now which is right as everybody has to make a living. I'm sure their behaviour is the reason so many hotels want payment up front and you notice who complains about it the most. :D

Hi,

English are worst at this, book 4 restaurants, meet up and decide which to go to. Most restaurants take CC details and charge no shows a fee now which is right as everybody has to make a living. I'm sure their behaviour is the reason so many hotels want payment up front and you notice who complains about it the most. :llaugh

I find your statement surprising.

It was common practice in the USA to book multiple flight seats when I was there, that country had already initiated a credit-card deposit scheme for hotel rooms.

Despite which, on arriving once at midnight, the room had been given to another customer. Had I not arrived, I wonder if I would have had the credit card deposit taken too!

Guy changes his mind about coming to LOS and can he be bothered to notify the car service or hotel? You'd be surprised at the number of no shows. Maybe you won't be if you tried to book a hotel and they demand one night payment in advance.

Don't be more of an asshole then you already are. Change in travel plans please cancel.

I find it very sad that someone has to start a thread on a topic like this. It's extreme bad manners not to cancel if you have to change your plans. The same goes for guys who book multiple hotel rooms for one night. Why? You can only stay in one hotel, for Christ's sake!

I have come to the conclusion that there are a lot of very rude people in the world - and the problem is that none of them recognises their behavious as such. Now, if someone's rude to me, I am rude to them. 1luv

Alan

Can you believe there used to be guys bragging about having multiple rooms booked over Xmas around the time when hotels started to ask for deposits ? Stupid I know but guys do it still.

Can you believe there used to be guys bragging about having multiple rooms booked over Xmas around the time when hotels started to ask for deposits ? Stupid I know but guys do it still.

I believe it - in fact if you knew what a friend's cousin got up to, you would believe almost anything of anyone.

Still no excuse for this sort of behaviour. The hotels that lost out on custom would be fully entitled to charge their full price. Maybe when this starts happening, this sort of conduct will cease.

Alan

One night deposit yes.....to cover no shows.

But I sure don't like paying for many days in advance.

If the place is crap, your room is not as promised, your shuffled off to some lesser room......!!! Internet photos are very deceiving at best. What looks like a magical place can be a hell hole!!!

Now what do you do??.....ask for a refund??.....Ha.... lots of luck. If there was a FIRM refund policy if the CUSTOMER was not satisfied, ok then.....full payment in advance.

I like the lesser known places........all they ask is that you notifiy them in advance if your going to cancel.

The RG is well known and STILL does not require a deposit.

Having a web presence along with a secure site to make payment is NOT free. Someone along the internet chain is getting a piece of the action on ALL bookings.

Maybe a savy manager/owner could pocket MORE money if they did away with web bookings??

Booking mulitple rooms is certainly bullshit.

I am guilty of being a "no show" with LostinSpace once, on a ride from BKK to Pattaya.

Had a brain fart and missed my flight out of LAX....tried to notify him via email but by that time, Jan was at the airport searching the crowd of sex tourists for my lame ass.....

I apologized profusely......and used his service for rides to and from U-Tap airport.

All is well.....he was happy and so am I.

Point being........notify notify notify

I have no poblem with paying a deposit or, indeed, the whole amount for a hotel prior to arrival. Had to do this in May when I booked the Areca Lodge through Sawasdee.

One night prepaid I can deal with - but NOT entire stay - once the money is in their hands your legitimate complaints carry a lot less weight IMHO. This also means they will not get CC details before I am there.

But whatever works for you :D

I agree that people with multiple bookings and other no shows with no cancellation are rude and deserves the bad karma they hopefully are experiencing :bj1

Edited by Odense