Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Bangkok from Edinburgh

I have just booked my flight from Edonburgh to Bangkok for £598. This is with KLM via Amsterdam with a stopover of 1 and a half hours in Amsterdam.

There are no direct flights from Edinburgh, and the other airlines which operated via London, Copenhagen, Paris, Etc., Etc. all had far longer stopover times although some were a little cheaper.

This was certainly the best deal I could find combining reasonable cost with minimum flight times.

That's the same route I used to do when I lived in edinburgh.... try Eva or China also via amsterdam, infact they still use the old B747 with Eva out of Amsterdam, which has better seats in Economy delux. Also do you know that Emirates fly out of Glasgow, that can also save time.

I just paid £569 from Aberdeen to BKK via Amsterdam, out 6th December back 24th December. Long wait in Amsterdam due to connections from Aberdeen, but Edinburgh connections might be better.

Used my miles with China to upgrade to Business Class for both legs. Used Gazelle travel in Newcastle. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr he-tet

I'm not certain, but I think it's 1 year.

When I flew out for good last year, I bought a return ticket as it was cheaper than a one-way ticket. The ticket I had had a £200 fee if I wanted to change the return date but as the date I asked for (early August) this year was more than 1 year ahead of when I bought the ticket (April 2005), they had to give me a ticket with a return date of April 2006. They then attached a note in their records that I could change the return date free of charge.

In reality, I simply didn't check in for obvious reasons!

Alan

Thanks for all the input.

Although flights ex-Manchester are obviously cheaper, it costs me something to actually get from Edinburgh to Manchester, and additionally it adds quite a lot to the travelling times which I'm trying to avoid.

My total travelling time from my house to arrival at hotel in Pattaya is about 22 hours. I would rather pay a bit extra than take 2 or 3 hours longer.

Flying from Glasgow takes longer because I am dependent on public transport, and it's a lot easier and faster for me to get to Edinburgh airport rather than Glasgow.

Nevertheless, I will study all of these suggestions very carefully before planning any subsequent trips.

Thanks again

Scottie

I have just booked my flight from Edonburgh to Bangkok for £598. This is with KLM via Amsterdam with a stopover of 1 and a half hours in Amsterdam.

There are no direct flights from Edinburgh, and the other airlines which operated via London, Copenhagen, Paris, Etc., Etc. all had far longer stopover times although some were a little cheaper.

This was certainly the best deal I could find combining reasonable cost with minimum flight times.

Emirates out of Glasgow booked last week 480 pounds inc tax.Plus flight times are good

Your one and a half hours for stopover is a little too tight , I did it once and the flight leaving EDI was late, it was a mad dash at Amsterdam. I made it but the luggage never.

I'm not certain, but I think it's 1 year.

When I flew out for good last year, I bought a return ticket as it was cheaper than a one-way ticket. The ticket I had had a £200 fee if I wanted to change the return date but as the date I asked for (early August) this year was more than 1 year ahead of when I bought the ticket (April 2005), they had to give me a ticket with a return date of April 2006. They then attached a note in their records that I could change the return date free of charge.

Thanks. Thats a lot dearer than I thought it would be. The airlines never miss an opportunity to hammer you.