Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

exess baggage on EVA

Hacker

Eva have a 20kg limit including clubs. It really is hit and miss whether they impose this or not. All depends on how busy the flight is. Your best bet is to call them and try to get confirmation that they will carry your clubs without charging excess baggage.

Doggie

If you are a member of their FF club, (Silver or up), you get an additional 20 KG baggage allowance, plus you can check in at the Business Check in counter, which usually are much lenient on such things as over weight charges.

Edited by MrMango
If you are a member of there FF club, (Silver or up), you get an additional 20 KG baggage allowance, plus you can check in at the Business Check in counter, which usually are much lenient on such things as over weight charges.

Silver is an additional 10kgs but Gold is an additional 20 kgs over standard allowance.

Chivas

Here is what I found on the Eva website concerning luggage...

FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE

The baggage allowance depends on airport and destination. Two allowance systems are in use:

Piece System:

For travel to and from the US and Canada and certain countries in South and Central America, the baggage allowance is per piece:

Super First Class: Maximum of two pieces of baggage. The sum of the three dimensions of each piece may not exceed 158 cm (62 in.) and the weight of each piece may not exceed 32kg (70 lb.)

Super Business Class / Business Class / Premium Laurel Class: same as Super First Class. Note: Using the piece system, a passenger traveling in Super First Class, Premium Laurel Class or Super Business Class / Business Class is entitled to carriage of one extra piece without charge while traveling on EVA-operated sectors. However, if you are connecting to/from another carrier, EVA cannot guarantee this privilege applies.

Evergreen Deluxe / Economy Class: Maximum of two pieces of baggage. The total baggage size, measured separately and added together, cannot exceed 273 cm (107 in.) The sum of the three dimensions of each individual piece cannot exceed 158 cm (62 in.) and the weight of each piece cannot exceed 32 kg (70 lb.)

Each infant is entitled to one piece with the sum of the three dimensions not to exceed 115cm (45in.)

The Free Baggage Allowance might be different for a variety of carriers If you are connecting to/ from another carrier. Please contact connection carriers for details.

Weight system:

For regions/countries other than territories in the US/Canada and certain countries in South/Central America, a weight limit applies:

Super First Class: 40 kg/88 lb.

Super Business Class/Business Class/Premium Laurel Class: 30 kg/66 lb.

Evergreen Deluxe Class: 20 kg/44 lb. or 25 kg/55 lb. on an EVA-operated flight.

Evergreen Class: 20 kg/44 lb.

Each infant is entitled to 10 kg/22 lb

EXCESS BAGGAGE CHARGES

Baggage in excess of EVA Air's free allowance will be subject to additional charges.

The piece system charge is based on the piece, size and weight exceeding EVA's free baggage allowance.

Over Piece : The fee listed in EVA's Air Tariff will be charged for each piece exceeding the two-piece allowance.

Over Size : One charge applies to each piece larger than 158 cm/62 in. but weighing less than 32 kg/70 lb.Three charges apply to each piece larger than 203 cm/80 in. and/or weighing more than 32 kg/70 lb.

Over Weight : Three charges apply to each piece that weighs more than 32 kg/70 lb. but less than 45 kg/99 lb.

Additional charges will be assessed for each 10kg/22 lb. or fraction thereof that the piece exceeds 45kg/99 lb.

The weight system charge is calculated on the basis of each extra kilogram exceeding the free baggage allowance and can vary with the route.

Different regulations apply to special baggage, e.g. golf clubs, surfboards, windsurfing equipment etc. Please contact EVA Air for details.

Note:

Whether your luggage will be assessed by the piece or by weight, we recommend that you not pack any single piece of baggage heavier than 32 kg/70 lb. to prevent injury to yourself or to baggage handlers.

Any single piece of baggage heavier than 45 kg/99 lb. requires advance application with EVA so that we can make handling preparations and reserve space onboard the aircraft. Because of structural limitations on some types of aircraft, any single piece of baggage heavier than 45 kg/99 lb. could be denied loading. Please contact EVA Air for details.

Because of structural limitations on narrow body aircraft MD90, EVA does not accept any liquid material shipped in drums as checked baggage.

If you are traveling from the US to Bangkok you get to take up to 32kg per bag with a two bag limit. This is the same as when I travel out of the states (international fights) on Cathay Pacific. But the website doesn't say anything about sporting goods where some airlines which allow you to take golf clubs with no weight limit. American Airlines was that way and I hope they haven't changed! :cry1 Will have to recheck their website on that! But we're talking about Eva here! :3some

I now remember that I was not charged extra flying Delta when going to Hawaii from California and I had a 20kg limit on my normal baggage. That's because they had the same policy as American on sporting goods. And I know my golf clubs weighted more then 20 kg on that trip! :moon

Edited by Owl_

I've flown Eva 15 times and never had a problem with extra luggage. I usually fill my Hockey Bag that weighs a shitload and they have never charged me extra. Eva air is the best airline I have ever flown and one of the best companies I have ever done business with, they are very professional and they go out of their way to satisfy the customer. IMHO

The airline to be careful with is Philippine Airlines (PAL), I recently flown from Manila to Cagayan and they said my luggage was 65 kilos over, and that was for 2 people. I was moving out of my Manila apartment and going to Cagayan De Oro and they said our luggage was over 100 kilos total. It probably took 2 or 3 little rice dicks to carry my luggage which is why they charge extra. :unsure:

PAL has a reputation for scamming people with extra luggage so be careful.

cheers

kj

Edited by kjvegas

When I made my 2005 trip to Thailand I brought one 26" suitcase, but purchased so much stuff that I purchased another large bag to get the stuff i bought for the family and relatives. :allright So when I checked into Cathay Pacific in Bangkok the girl at Cathay almost freaked out that I was 22 kg over weight for two bags. :cry1 I really don't blame anyone except myself because I was the one who bought so much! :beer I paid about $85 UD dollars to get from Bangkok to Hong Kong for the next part of my trip! :D Well while in Hong Kong I purchased a carry-on bag and put a lot of stuff in that for when I left Hong Kong to go back to the states. :unsure: I'm sure that I was a little over weight on the way back to the states when leaving Hong Kong but Cathay in Hong Kong let it slide knowing that I was returning home after being gone for about a month! :llaugh