Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Immigration office Jomtien

I forgot to go to Cambodia last week and was 2 days over on the entry visa when I realized my mistake. I went to the beach road soi 5 immigration office to extend the visa.

The cost for overstay is now 500 baht per day (coulda sworn the sign at the airport read 200 baht per day).

The extension application is now 1,900 baht for 15 days.

This can only be done once.

I will have to do a visa run from now on.

The 2,900 baht was worth it that particular day. I was in and out of that office in 15 minutes (this included going next door to get pictures and copys and a cappacino).

Looks like the big bus that departs from Carrefour every other day may be the best local visa run option.

So when you do the visa run thing, you have to do it every 90 days or so? And what does the big bus deal cost?

I've read so much conflicting shit about the retirement visa deal that I'm halfway thinking about just doing visa runs every so often instead. It would give me something to do now and then. Fly to KL or Singapore for the weekend or whatever.

Rex

So when you do the visa run thing, you have to do it every 90 days or so? And what does the big bus deal cost?

I've read so much conflicting shit about the retirement visa deal that I'm halfway thinking about just doing visa runs every so often instead. It would give me something to do now and then. Fly to KL or Singapore for the weekend or whatever.

Rex

Depends on the Visa you hold some you have to leave every 90 days some every 30 days if they hold no visa but just a Arrival Stamp and some never have to leave the country :finger

And I'll be paying a visit to Immigration later this week to renew my visa.  :rolleyes:

Alan

I applied for a 30-day visa extension in addition to the 60-day tourist visa I had when arrived in Thailand late in May. To my delight it was processed on the spot. In the old days one had to drop off the paperwork and the passport in the morning and come back in the afternoon to pick up the passport.

The Jomtien Office is a big improvement from the old one in Pattaya. I used to dread going there. It is also a good idea to pick up a couple of forms for the next time one has to visit the office.

Sigi

I applied for a 30-day visa extension in addition to the 60-day tourist visa I had when arrived in Thailand late in May. To my delight it was processed on the spot. In the old days one had to drop off the paperwork and the passport in the morning and come back in the afternoon to pick up the passport.

The Jomtien Office is a big improvement from the old one in Pattaya. I used to dread going there. It is also a good idea to pick up a couple of forms for the next time one has to visit the office.

Sigi

I think you just struck it lucky, gonzo.

Last year when I applied for my retirement visa, I got it on the spot. Today, I applied to renew it and have to go back later in the afternoon. I'll do that in an hour or so.

If you get there early enough, they may well process it on the spot but if you don't go till later in the morning as I had to do today, you may have to go back.

Alan

I think you just struck it lucky, gonzo.

Last year when I applied for my retirement visa, I got it on the spot. Today, I applied to renew it and have to go back later in the afternoon. I'll do that in an hour or so.

If you get there early enough, they may well process it on the spot but if you don't go till later in the morning as I had to do today, you may have to go back.

Alan

Alan, you are probably right there and it is just the luck of the draw. Some of the immigration people seem to be a bit more helpful. There is a lady wearing glasses, sitting a couple of rows back from the front desk. She has helped me a couple of times. I am always trying to get her attention. Last year she gave me an 18-day extension after a 30-day extension on top of the 60-day tourist visa when I had problems trying to get an airline ticket changed.

Maybe, I should consider the retirement visa option as well as I spend more time here than back in Australia. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Hi,

I already posted this information a few months ago but it seems a lot of people still ignore it....

I you DO NOT want to "come back later in the afternoon" to get your passeport with your Visa extension, just go on their web site at least 24h before, fill the "Application Form" (Pattaya Immigration / Tourist), send it and print it.

Give the print when your arrive at the immigration office and you will directly be send to the cashier and get your passeport with extention in 5 minutes :-)

The internet application allow them to make immigration verification BEFORE you arrive at the immigration office.

Hope it helps

Idefix

Hi,

I already posted this information a few months ago but it seems a lot of people still ignore it....

I you DO NOT want to "come back later in the afternoon" to get your passeport with your Visa extension, just go on their web site at least 24h before, fill the "Application Form" (Pattaya Immigration / Tourist), send it and print it.

Give the print when your arrive at the immigration office and you will directly be send to the cashier and get your passeport with extention in 5 minutes  :-)

The internet application allow them to make immigration verification BEFORE you arrive at the immigration office.

Hope it helps

Idefix

Thank you for the useful link. I do not read all of the information on this message board at times. I was not aware of the Immigration Office's website.

Like I said before, services at the Immigration Office in Jomtien have improved a lot. We do not live in a perfect world, but they could do with a person capable of explaining all of the procedures in plain English and with a bit more detail. :rolleyes:

I'd forgotten about being able to apply over the internet. The Immigration office isn't far from where I stay so it's no problem for me going back again in the afternoon.

Having renewed my visa for a further year on Wednesday, I went back again this morning to obtain my multiple re-entry permit. I was in and out with the permit stamp in my passport in less than 15 minutes. Last year, I had to go back in the afternoon so I guess I just got lucky this year. :eyecrazy

Alan

I'd forgotten about being able to apply over the internet. The Immigration office isn't far from where I stay so it's no problem for me going back again in the afternoon.

Having renewed my visa for a further year on Wednesday, I went back again this morning to obtain my multiple re-entry permit. I was in and out with the permit stamp in my passport in less than 15 minutes. Last year, I had to go back in the afternoon so I guess I just got lucky this year. :finger

Alan

I think things are just slow now. I went there the end of July around noon for a 15 day extension. I walked in got my number for getting the 15 day extension (you get didfferent numbers depending on what you need to get done), My number came up immediately and I went over and gave the Thai man my application, passport and 1900 baht. I was expecting him to tell me to come back in the afternoon or the next day which is what has happened to me in the past and was surprised when he said wait in the waiting area. Less than 5 minutes later a Thai lady called my name and gave me my passport with the extension stamped in it. Even if I had to come back later or the next day it would have been no big deal. Was actually hoping to have to stay there until later in the afternoon so that we could spend some time playing pool with the naked ladies at the Las Vegas bar and check out there Sierra Tango rooms. :clueless