Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I sent an e-mail to Areca Lodge five days ago requesting some information about the hotel and also the rate for pickup at Don Muang. I have yet to hear back.

Has the happened to anyone else?

Regards

Edited by SoCalGuy

Socalguy,

Interesting post.

A mate of mine sent an email to Areca,over a week ago and no reply,which is unusual for them.So he gave up and booked through the net travel service.

Try and book through res24,its 100b cheaper also.

Or just call them,its not that expensive.

Ned

I sent an email to areca last week enquiring about accomm over Xmas/NY.....took thenm about a week to get nback only to say that they were ful then.....

I went on Sawasdee.com and asked there et voila....accomm available at a cheaper rate......

have decided to go with suite at LK Pavilion now....so nothing lost there!!! :sorry

I sent an e-mail to Areca Lodge five days ago requesting some information about the hotel and also the rate for pickup at Don Muang.  I have yet to hear back.

I sent an email for information 4 days ago and no reply from Areca Lodge yet.

I want to stay there from Jan 1 - Jan 8 which I believe is a very busy period for Areca Lodge.

Have sent request for deluxe room at Areca Lodge to sawadee yesterday and reply today was no room available. Have asked if there is any availability for any of the days I specified.

Is it likely that Areca Lodge is already fully booked for New Years 4-5 months out?

Is it likely that Areca Lodge is already fully booked for New Years 4-5 months out?

Most definitely. Best bet is to try sources like sawadee.com or asiarooms.com as they contract for a block of rooms and may have some left, or there might be a cancellation and you could get lucky. My understanding is you will always be able to find a room even without a reservation, but the nicer, more popular hotels are fully booked several months in advance leading up to Xmas and New Years.

I have just booked a Deluxe room at Areca Lodge for my arrival next week and had absolutely NO problem with the booking.I had an e-mail reply back from them in a few hours.....

jesper.

Next week is NOT the same as Xmas or New Years. Most of the better places in Pattaya are already either fully booked out, or nearly so for the Xmas and New Years weeks.

I just booked a stay from Dec 18-21 last month, and all of my first half dozen choices for places to stay were fully booked already in late July for those dates, and the two following weeks will surely be even tougher.

Among the fully booked places incuded all of the Flipper Hotels, all of the Eastiny Hotels, the Lek Hotel, and the BJ Holiday Lodge. I was able to get a room in the Sabai Inn.

Edited by D1andonlyDman

Gazman100 or anyone there now or recently...I heard the Areca demolished their pool to do some construction...Is that true? If so, which pool? I really need the pool to swim in everyday...

Thanks

AllenBlue

Most definitely. Best bet is to try sources like sawadee.com or asiarooms.com as they contract for a block of rooms and may have some left, or there might be a cancellation and you could get lucky. My understanding is you will always be able to find a room even without a reservation, but the nicer, more popular hotels are fully booked several months in advance leading up to Xmas and New Years.

Sawadee or AsiaRooms did not have availability.

I received a reply from Areca Lodge a few days ago and it took a few days of e-mails back and forth to sort out details. I have made a booking for a deluxe room (no king size bed only twin beds unfortunately) from Jan 1 - Jan 8. They requested a deposit of 3,000THB due to peak season. I am really looking forward to the stay based on the glowing reports for Areca Lodge I have read on this site.

I wanted to stay there for the duration of my trip but the rates leading up to New Year's Day were ridiculous. I am staying at Dynasty Inn for 4 nights before going across to Areca Lodge.

I'm at the Areca lodge now, they wanted money up front so rather than that i just walked in.

Cheers :allright

Im staying here at the moment I can assure you both pools are alive aand well and full of water.

Sawadee or AsiaRooms did not have availability.

.... They requested a deposit of 3,000THB due to peak season. I am really looking forward to the stay based on the glowing reports for Areca Lodge I have read on this site.

I wanted to stay there for the duration of my trip but the rates leading up to New Year's Day were ridiculous. I am staying at Dynasty Inn for 4 nights before going across to Areca Lodge.

Christ! How much per day are they asking? You can get a sutie at the Vault for 2800 per day and that includes MUCH more! Just curious cuz when I stayed at the Areca last december I think they were charging about 2K baht per night. :ang2

Christ! How much per day are they asking? You can get a sutie at the Vault for 2800 per day and that includes MUCH more! Just curious cuz when I stayed at the Areca last december I think they were charging about 2K baht per night. :ang2

Peak season the deluxe room is 1990 baht/night (only 300 baht/night more than high season) but the gala dinner for 2 people at 1700 baht/per person is overpriced. I am staying alone but I have booked double occupancy (same rate as single) so no hassles when the g/f visits.

By staying for 4 nights at Dynasty Inn (1280 baht/night) I save 4600 baht on peak season surcharges alone. I don't know much about the Dynasty Inn so did not want to commit for a longer stay.

I have never stayed at the Dynasty either, but I hear it is a very nice hotel. The surchage is crap! but they all seem to be charging it if they can get away with it. The ridiculous surcharge is one reason why I'm not staying in BKk on New Year's Eve. There are quite a few hotels recommended on this site.

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbup I wanted to stay end of November in Delux or Excetive room ,had answer

within 24 hours ,Fully booked , :banana

Now looking for anther hotel

Same for me

Does anyone know about a hotel comparable to Areca Lodge.

Same rates - location - inroom safe

• 2 weeks later...

I requested 2 rooms for a short stay in february 2007.

Areca Lodge responded within 24 hours, confirming my booking and requesting 6000 baht deposit (3000 baht/ room). Room rate 1090 baht per night, incl. breakfast.

Initially tried to book Flipper Lodge, but they claimed to be full. Could be true since my stay in Pattaya is during the Chinese New Year and I guess that will be high season for Pattaya (and Bangkok etc.).

same here ,i booked for end febr. a de luxe room and got reply the next day that they didn,t had any king size bed availble.

I booked a de luxe room,2 single bed (1290 bht) and got answer next day .... they want 3000 upfront but forget to send me the attachment for my credit card details (i think)

I mailed them back and i guess i have a mail tomorrow again :clueless

Gazman100 or anyone there now or recently...I heard the Areca demolished their pool to do some construction...Is that true? If so, which pool? I really need the pool to swim in everyday...

Thanks

AllenBlue

last May/June I was there, the first swimming pool coming out of the lobby was indeed being demolished / worked on, they had about 20 workers in there (without the water) all day long....