Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Admitted I have a crappy slow connection here in Pattaya via my mobile phone......

I lose patience and give up, hence my reduced posting rate.....

Agreed. The pages change and display MUCH slower than the old version of the software. Same problem over at secrets where it is even worst than here and I have a relatively fast DSL connection.

Edited by Samsonite
Agreed. The pages change and display MUCH slower than the old version of the software. Same problem over at secrets where it is even worst than here and I have a relatively fast DSL connection.

I'm using TOT broadband, which isn't exactly reliable but I have noticed the same problem. It seems to be particularly bad when trying to post a reply. I think Secrets uses the same software so it would seem to be a problem with InVision's software, if anything.

Alan

I have a very fast broadband connection and a very fast computer. New version is defintely slower. Looks like the addition of some new features, slower code or database has slowed it down considerably. Maybe there is some ways to performance-tune some admin settings with Invision's help?

Edited by BenMajor

Thanks for the info guys, you probably saved me the time, expense and frustration of chasing an alternative Internet connection.

Even posting this reply took a wait of 2 minutes for the reply window....it's doing my head in! :D

Thanks for the info guys, you probably saved me the time, expense and frustration of chasing an alternative Internet connection.

Even posting this reply took a wait of 2 minutes for the reply window....it's doing my head in!

I seem to have found that it's especially slow when posting a reply to a topic. In fact, I've lost a couple of replies because it took so long. :D

Alan

I'm using TOT broadband, which isn't exactly reliable but I have noticed the same problem. It seems to be particularly bad when trying to post a reply. I think Secrets uses the same software so it would seem to be a problem with InVision's software, if anything.

Alan

I have to agree. The only places I've encountered this problem is, first, Secrets, and, now, here, after the "upgrade."

It is getting to be such a problem it is hardly worth the effort anymore, here or over at the progeny's site.

I have found the board as fast or faster than the other was anytime I am on it

Talk is faster than Secrets, usually, but both, now that they are running the same "new" version of the same software package are SLOW. I don't have this problem ANYwhere else and didn't have this problem here until after the "upgrade" so I can only conclude the problem lies within this current version of the board software.

I am on dial up with an old lap top. It now can take many minutes trying to respond to a post. There is also a very long delay changing from post to post and forget trying to bring up a post with many photos. That normally involves making a coffee whilst I wait then half the photos don't load anyway.

I am on dial up with an old lap top. It now can take many minutes trying to respond to a post. There is also a very long delay changing from post to post and forget trying to bring up a post with many photos. That normally involves making a coffee whilst I wait then half the photos don't load anyway.

Large numbers of photos is fine IF you have a broadband connection - even then though a number of them don't open. It reached the stage that I tended to open a post with photos, close it after a couple of minutes and then go back to it some time later. Either that or I just skipped it all together.

Even with broadband, replying to a post can take some time.

Alan

Well no change for me here or there and the Software is not the same Here 2.1.7 and Secrets 2.1.5

The more places to the right of the first decimal, the smaller the changes. From 2.1.5 to 2.1.7 would indicate a extremely small change in the software. Probaby what is referred to as a "minor bug fix."

The more places to the right of the first decimal, the smaller the changes. From 2.1.5 to 2.1.7 would indicate a extremely small change in the software. Probaby what is referred to as a "minor bug fix."

Be wary when using version 1.0.0 as that will almost certainly have not been properly tested. :hijack

Alan