Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Flipper House Soi 7 Question

The only room for my first 2 weeks is 2 twin beds. Could some one who has stayed there tell me if the room is arranged so that the 2 twins can be pushed together?

Thanks

Brian

I've tried this before... not at Flipper, but a similar place nearby (Eastiny).

The first problem was removing the phone/radio table from between the two beds. In some hotels, this is non-movable. In others, it is a pain to move due to wires etc (as was the case at Eastiny). The second, and bigger problem, is the two beds, once pushed together, still act as two beds. Try lying in the middle and you discover you have hit the floor because you fell between the beds. This was a big problem in my room because the floor was tiled rather than carpet. Bring good rope or similar to tie the bed feet together.

well cmagrad

..i hope that ur not there 10 november-24th.as i was just expecting to walk in off the street for a room never got a reply from my email to the flipper but just didnt expect any problems.

does any one else know if i will have trouble getting a room there at this time of the year ?

thanks

drdod

I will be staying there Nov 10th - 20th. My friend booked the room for me about 6 weeks ago . Said i was lucky as the hotel is fully booked.

Not sure about the twin beds, have always had a double.

Cheers.

Sent : Friday, October 13, 2006 9:30 PM

Dear Sir. ( Mr. Brian Wilson )

Thank you very much for your reply , we would like to confirm your booking on period

31 Oct - 15 Nov 2006 , 1 standard room with twin beds ( move beds together ) the room rate @1,100.- on room inclusive breakfast .

Arriving to Pattaya about 10:00-11:00 am. on 31 Oct if on that time your room not alreday yet , could you please wait for room ready untill 12:00 hrs.

See you on 31 Oct 2006 .

Best Regards,

Reservation Dept.

=========================================================

As you can see I had no problems using this email address. I had daily conversations with them most of last week and they replied very fast.

My biggest problem will be when I return from Philippines around Jan 1st. Since I don't know my exact dates yet I can't early book. ummmmm couch for rent anyone??

Brian

Edited by cmagrad
Guest Fatboyfat

There are so many hotels in that area (including the Flipper Lodge) which would undoubtedly have vacancies for that time period, for similar or better rates. As was stated earlier, the two beds put together (even well lashed) are crap. I would change your booking. :D :bigsmile:

I'm not really worried about it as I'm only there 2 weeks and there is always a chance if I smooze a bit I can get a king bed anyway. I've always stayed Soi 8 in past trips and have wanted to try Flipper for a while. My main concern will be to line up long term lodging for after my Philippines trip. That is if I can get this stupid Visa squared away. I have this nagging suspicion that I'll be doing Visa runs every month again.

I stayed at the Flipper House last year and I was very disappointed. The first room they gave me was dirty and showed a ton of wear and tear. I asked for another room and it was just as bad (torn carpet, dirty bathroom, warped and cracked bathroom mirror etc).

I moved to a delux room at the Flipper Lodge after 2 nights.

I was in the flipper soi 7 about 2 weeks ago. I think the reason they are full at the moment is that half the hotel is closed because they are renovating the old wing.

I had a quick look through the window of 1 of the old rooms and they had completely gutted it, back to the concrete.

• 2 weeks later...
I've tried this before... not at Flipper, but a similar place nearby (Eastiny).

. Try lying in the middle and you discover you have hit the floor because you fell between the beds.

sleep the other way around,,,

perpendicular to the opening,,, <huh

I have a pretty bad hip which forces me to toss from side to side all nite. As much as I love a warm body next to me they usually seem to drift further and further onto my side and I end up having to give them a mighty shove and feign sleep. This way I can reach across if I want body contact but they can't come over unless they fall thru the crack.

I've just booked a standard room in Flipper House from 12th. November. Their Deluxe rooms and suites were fully-booked. I have 'one big bed'.

I stayed in Flipper Lodge last year in a room with twin beds.

I was quite happy to share one of the beds with my overnight companion. Seemed a bit more friendly than having separate beds!. But anyway, I don't think it would have been possible to move the two together.

The head-boards and table were all one unit.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get the beds together but I was dissapointed with the state of the hotel. The construction and pain fumes drove me out but they are supposed to be done soon

i have booked into Flipper Lodge from the end of next week and could only get a room with twin beds. i'll ask about changing that when i get there.

i have sleep apnea and snore like a bear so any LT girl that can get through the night without punching me will get a 200bt tip!

i hear good things about the flipper so here is hoping!

Ozijeff