Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Although I have not had "all" the pizza in Ptty, what I have had is mediocre at best. An hour away however, you can find one of the top five I have ever had in the world. Find your way to the Kanary Bay in Rayong. If you are desperate or in the area, it is worth it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want pizza GO to Italy   Be Nice   Moby69

Thin or medium crust...never deep pan.   Toppings...sausage, pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms...never pineapple or chicken.

I go pretty simple with NY NY. Thin crust, pepperoni, sausage. A bit pricey but always good.

Real Italian Pizza should be thin & crispy. That is why the ovens are 450 degrees F. Pan Pan is fine - it's a chain. Pizza Company do make thin Pizza - I personally like Ham & Mushroom. They will add pineapple if you want.

Bon Appetito

I also like thin and crispy pizza. Thin and crispy is a style of Italian pizza known as Neapolitan. If you were to cook it in a 450 degree oven, you would end up with a limp pizza, like I had at Bauernstuben Restaurant on Beach Road. Restaurant Review inside my trip report

A Neapolitan pizza (inspired by the pizzas baked in Naples) is baked at temperatures in excess of 825 degrees F, and as high as 1000 degrees F, not 450 degrees F. This is from the Verace Neapolitan Association which certifies restaurants as serving Neapolitan pizza. I have heard only about 30 pizza parlors in the US have been so certified. Verace Neapolitan Association

Still looking for a good Neapolitan pizza in Pattaya.

Zaphod

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

the best pizza i encountered in pattaya was in the globetrotter hotel & restaurant.

See the pizza-menu overhere...

http://www.globetrotter-thai.50megs.com/menu10-17.html

not a flashy place, but clean and "arroy maak"...

i could not eat the complete pizza because of to big.

Altough i am not a "small eater".

They also do home delivery by motorbike-taxi.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopf Brauhaus on Beach road (just past pizza hut)

Decent pizza. You can watch them thow the dough around and the oven is a brick wood fired type.

The brew is not to bad either. Pretty sure they brew it on site, but I can't be sure of that part.

Small salad bar, but the stuff has always looked very fresh.

Sailfast

I prefer my pizzas to have a decent size base. I go to the Italian restaurant in the Jomtien Plaza a couple of times a month for a pizza. I like it there.

Alan

the best pizza i encountered in pattaya was in the globetrotter hotel & restaurant.

Agreed - pizza is the best i have had in Pattaya - also has good Thai foof for you or your g/f - try the steak issan - comes out on a sizzling platter and is not expensive

my fav in pattaya is "Cosa Nostra" just off soi 7, across from the eagle bar.

2nd fav is Don Joes on walking st near the FLB, but i am 100% sure i got food poisoning there once (was the only thing i'd eaten within 20 hours...). hasn't stopped me from returning.

oh, and while we're on the topic of pizza, Limoncello on Suk Soi 11 is my fav in bangkok.

an update... went to a place across the street and down a little from Heaven Above Gogo, maybe 3 or 4 doors down from SuperModels Gogo... can't remember the name, but they have the best pizza in pattaya.

Trying to get my lodger to fly out with me to Pattaya next trip.

He is siccilian ,great cook and owns restrant here in UK

His Italian cooking including pizza are fantastic

Makes fantastic cakes/DESERTS and makes his own ice cream

He is pissed off living here in Uk same as me ,

Want to show him Pattaya and hope he wants to start business there

Sure would be one of the best Italian meal you would get in LOS

strangely enough, the best pizza i ate was not in italy but nyc.

also, chicago has a deep dish pizza that is totally different than any other pizza on earth. anyone who's been to gino's east can attest to that.

strangely enough, the best pizza i ate was not in italy but nyc.

also, chicago has a deep dish pizza that is totally different than any other pizza on earth. anyone who's been to gino's east can attest to that.

Yes, the best pizza comes from NYC. Has something to do with the questionable water supply. Also, if you have been to Lombardi's, which is the best in NYC, you will see the only legal coal-fired pizza oven in the U.S. It was grandfathered in. Lombardi's

I agree that Chicago deep dish is a very good, and very different alternative. There is a chain in the San Francisco Bay Area called Zachary's, which makes a top-notch stuffed pizza. I was going to school in Berkeley when the first Zachary's opened on College Avenue (technically in Oakland, in a little village called Rockridge - and no Blazing Saddles jokes here). The opening night, there was a line out the door. To this day, over 25 years later, there is a line out the door almost every night. Zachary's is rated the top pizza restaurant in the San Francisco Bay Area by Zagat's. Zachary's

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox
  • 1 month later...

oh, and while we're on the topic of pizza, Limoncello on Suk Soi 11 is my fav in bangkok.

Just tried Limoncello, and fh is right ... very very good pizza. Little pricy for Thai standard (480 baht for a pizza and two cokes) but the pizza is big (had 7 of 8 slices and ate too mutt - probably about right for one heavy plus one light eater, or two pizza between three guys).

an update... went to a place across the street and down a little from Heaven Above Gogo, maybe 3 or 4 doors down from SuperModels Gogo... can't remember the name, but they have the best pizza in pattaya.

Planning to try them and cosa nostra this trip, will report back.

If your heading down Soi 6 towards Beach Rd there is a pizza place on your left hand side just about at the very end. Called the Stone something (stone oven maybe?). Can't remeber exact name, sorry. But the pizza's were exceptional?

Yes it was called the Stone Oven,I recommended it on another thread,but unfortunately it has now closed.A pity because the food there was very good,but I always thought it was a strange place to open a restaurant and I wondered if they would ever have enough customers.Obviously they didn't

• 4 months later...
Pizza Hut and The Pizza Company can do a wide assortment of of combinations to please your heart's desire. :bigsmile:

Pizza Hut.... can eat this kind of pizza ????

In my opinion the good pizza you can find at TOSCANA restaurant close to soi 6 on the beach rd side , and also in Pan pan restaurant in Jontiem close the Tepprasit rd .

Bye

Yes...Yes it is. If that is a problem I respecfully say stay home. Going to the otherside of the globe should be different from home. I miss Tropican orange juice, sabrett hot dogs, baseball and many things from home. Upgrades can be found here. Forget Pizza and explore other dishes

Yes...Yes it is. If that is a problem I respecfully say stay home. Going to the otherside of the globe should be different from home. I miss Tropican orange juice, sabrett hot dogs, baseball and many things from home. Upgrades can be found here. Forget Pizza and explore other dishes

I agree, but, much as I love Thai food and that is what I mostly eat when in LOS, every few days I want a pizia or a good steak. I can't help it, I just get a craving for some food that I'm more famililar with.

Tried Pizza Big & Hopf brew house I thought they are the best though I've not had the time to try all the recommendations to places named.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Tropicana is pretty good orange juice for a supermarket brand in the states given all the nasty made-from-concentrate stuff, but... orange juice/"nam som" (probably mispelling it and maybe it's actually tangerine juice for all I can tell) in Thailand tastes so much better in Thailand than most American stuff, even the cheap Malee stuff they have at 7-11.

2nd fav is Don Joes on walking st near the FLB, but i am 100% sure i got food poisoning there once (was the only thing i'd eaten within 20 hours...). hasn't stopped me from returning.

Don Joe's is a decent place to eat if you like Italian. I've ate there many times.

Edited by eltib

My favorite Pizza in Pattaya is Slices in Soi Diana Inn he does NY style Pizzas

and a great all you can eat deal from 5pm till 8pm for 99 baht .i am no foodie but I do love a good Pizza and these are about the best I have eaten any where except in Rome 20 years ago,and that may be just a fond memory.

i could not eat the complete pizza because of to big.

Altough i am not a "small eater".

They also do home delivery by motorbike-taxi.

I have to agree with you on Globetrotter. I was there 2 years ago and i was satisfied with the food. I highly reccomend it.