Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 223 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Why do I keep getting logged out?

Cookies enabled?

Also, if you're using a different IP address from your last login, you'll have to log in again.

I always use a new login and username when I change ISP locations. :D :D :D

Also, if you're using a different IP address from your last login, you'll have to log in again.

Is that correct?? I didn't have to log in again when I accessed the forum from Malaysia earlier today. The previous time I accessed the forum was from Pattaya.

ginseng, do you tick the box to keep yourself logged in when you log in?

Is that correct?? I didn't have to log in again when I accessed the forum from Malaysia earlier today. The previous time I accessed the forum was from Pattaya.

ginseng, do you tick the box to keep yourself logged in when you log in?

I think if you didn't log out from your IP in Malaysia before you left you will be OK unless someone deleted the cookies while your were in funland. If you are going to be away for any length of time or if someone else regularly uses the same computer you should actually delete the cookies regulary as well as clear your internet history. I do it daily with my computer at work even though it's a pain in the ass. :kissing

I had this problem yesterday when I joined the forum, but today it seems to not be an issue.

Welcome to the board. Look forward to hearing more from you. 1luv :thumbup

I switched off the check for duplicate IP addresses when you log in, though I might put it back.

With the check for duplicate IP addresses turned on, what is supposed to happen is when you access the board from a different IP than the last one you logged in on, the previous IP is logged out, and you are asked to log in again. This is good to clean up old logins on internet cafe computers, but appears to cause some problems for people in internet cafes that might be getting new IP assignments on their trunk line during your session (causing you to have to re-login).

Anyway, I turned off the check about a week ago (20 Nov).

Do you think that is good for the security of the board? It is not uncommon for people to neglect to log off in internet cafes.

No, I'm not thrilled about it, but the IP checking was only done for the first time about 2 months ago. So, until that point, we still relied on people to remember to log out.

I seem to get booted off while I'm using the computers here at the Jasmine Hotel. I have no idea why because it's not my computer that I'm using.