Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

your top 5 restaraunts

What are your top five restaraunts in Pattaya for decent food .

mine in no particular order

THE PREMIERSHIP opposite Woodlands hotel Nakula

SPORTSMAN soi 6 ( i think far better than soi 13)

MATA HARI on way to Jonteim

CHERRY RESTARAUNT 3rd road

PATRICKS Belguim restaraunt Soi Dianna

I have been to all these many times and the food is always very good ,

There are many other good restaraunts but some vary so much you go one day its goog and another day its terrible

What are your favourites ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Tequila Reef soi 7 Mexican

2) Pig & Whistle soi 7 Pommie

3) Subway multiple locations Cold meat sandwiches

4) Burger King beach road Royal Garden best fast food burger in the world

5) El Toro 2nd Road Italian

Mata Hari

Brunos

Casa Pascal

Cabbage and Condoms

Jamesons

Pic Kitchen used to be a regular, but it disappointed twice during June and July and now is on probationary status :D

1 - Nong Nual - Seafood (Walking St., also sister Loc in Jomtien)

2 - Pig & Whistle - English (Soi 7)

3 - Hopf - Mixed (Beach Rd.)

4 - Sportsman - English (Soi 6 & 13)

5- Benihana - japanese grill (Royal Garden)

The look on your TG's face is priceless if they have never been to benihana (most haven't) and much cheaper than in the states (read pricey for Pattaya standards)

1 - Nong Nual - Seafood (Walking St., also sister Loc in Jomtien)

2 - Pig & Whistle - English (Soi 7)

3 - Hopf - Mixed (Beach Rd.)

4 - Sportsman - English (Soi 6 & 13)

5- Benihana - japanese grill (Royal Garden)

The look on your TG's face is priceless if they have never been to benihana (most haven't) and much cheaper than in the states (read pricey for Pattaya standards)

Is Benihana the place that the cheifs cook the food right in front of you and put on the show? I would love to take my wife and kids to a place like that. If this is not the place, could someone point me in the direction of one?

In no order

Cherry Restaurant, 3rd Road

Moom Aroy, 3rd Road

Swiss Paradise, East Pattaya

Sharky's, South Jomtien

Jazz Pit, Soi 5

Is Benihana the place that the cheifs cook the food right in front of you and put on the show? I would love to take my wife and kids to a place like that. If this is not the place, could someone point me in the direction of one?

Yes BC

Cafe New Orleans

Blue Parrot - Mexican combo plater

Beefeaters - flank steak

Big Horn

Little Wonder - for brekfast

Sportsman on Soi 13 for brekfast

King Seafood - the smaller restaurant within King where you can see Walking Street

Premiership for the biggest and best burger

Bob's BBQ for a rack of ribs

Tequila Reef

1) Tequila Reef soi 7 Mexican

2) Pig & Whistle soi 7 Pommie

3) Subway multiple locations Cold meat sandwiches

4) Burger King beach road Royal Garden best fast food burger in the world

5) El Toro 2nd Road Italian

Subway and Burger King ??????????????????????, good restaurants :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: .

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE HAVING A LAUGH :moon

Subway and Burger King ??????????????????????, good restaurants :D

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE HAVING A LAUGH :moon

:D

in my life i have eaten in burger king and mcdonalds once each and of the two burger king is better for me

but i think they are both rubbish, but each to his own.

and thanks to all that give the actual location of the good restaurants, must make a list to try some.

For a serious high end dinner The Bay at the Dusit Resort is probably the best in Pattaya. It's Italian and features things like venison and the best lobster in Pattaya. French wines and great deserts. Also a great view over the bay. Expect to pay US, European prices, ..but it's worth it. It can freak out your date though, when she sees you spending five times what your giving her for dinner.

In no particular order

Marine Seafood - a regular 3am meal - great big King Prawns 1 kilo 300b

Pig & Whistle Soi 7 - first place I every ate when staying at Eastiny Place - quality food/some hot waitresses too :D

Bruno's - by View Talay Jomtien - fantastic American Scallops, usually visit once during a trip

Robins Nest - Soi Diana - stumble out of LK Metropole and refuel early for the next session

Butchers Arms - Soi Bakhao - nice breakfasts and one particular waitress who I have to :D on my next trip

:D

BC,

Yes that is the place, they chefs we have had are pretty good (a couple were really good). It is on the second floor of RG near the back (2nd Rd). As I said the place is not cheap for Pattaya standards, but much cheaper than here in the states and good food too. Definitely a nice change in Pattaya.

Gammon

Expect to pay US, European prices, ..but it's worth it. It can freak out your date though, when she sees you spending five times what your giving her for dinner.

She may decide at that point you are LOADED and start upping her maintenance costs. Perhaps that should be another whoremonger rule: Don't treat your date to a dinner that exceeds her charge for LT or else :D

For a serious high end dinner The Bay at the Dusit Resort is probably the best in Pattaya. It's Italian and features things like venison and the best lobster in Pattaya. French wines and great deserts. Also a great view over the bay. Expect to pay US, European prices, ..but it's worth it. It can freak out your date though, when she sees you spending five times what your giving her for dinner.

and she doesn't know how to eat the lobster :D

1. Moomaroy (not sure of the spelling) just off Third Road for excellent fish dishes and seafood with a better range of dishes than most of the sea food restaurants along the beach and a good atmosphere. Always busy and 80% plus of the customers are Thai. I must have been to this place over 50 times and always a good experience. They also have a branch in Naklua by the sea. The Naklua branch is not a place to visit though if you are having or have had several drinks - there is a big drop down to the sea and no wall to protect you from falling - this is also a nightmare with kids in tow!!

2. For a change and a wide range of dishes Bale (opposite the Moomaroy off Third Road) is quite pleasant and somewhere I regular take friends when they are visiting Pattaya.

My number one place for non seafood Thai dishes has now closed down. It was directly opposite Bangkok Pattaya hospital, part of a stainlessware shop, open to the thundering traffic and next to a used car lot but heck the food was absolutely fantastic. I can only think these guys found a new shop and just wish someone could tell me where.

3. Vientianne Restaurant I have always found to be above average and I like the cuisine. Slow service is not a problem as I like to relax when out for a meal, have a couple of beers and then dine although having said this I never norticed the service being particularly slow. I am also rather wary of those establishments who bring you the food a second after you order it - never keen on food here that has likely been sitting warming in pots all day long!!

4. In Bangkok worth a visit is Vertigo above Banyan Tree hotel (Wireless Road area). Euro cuisine and the food is OK and they have a good wine list but above all this is the highest open air restaurant in the World and the views are simply stunning. Very romantic but not cheap (a lot of the wanna be seen Bangkokites go there for drinky poos) - a great place to propose!! When booking make sure you get a table with an all round view or they will stick you in a corner.

Edited by cookie
Marine Seafood - a regular 3am meal - great big King Prawns 1 kilo 300b

Marine seafood is amazingly over-rated. I think many people viote for it becasue they havent ventured "out of town" to the Thai Seafood joints.

Try the big Thai BBQ place at the top end of 3rd Road

Eat as much as you like for 119 baht including as many big king prawns as you can stomach. Also kids eat free so great value for anyone with family or gf with kids.

I tried the new Mantra place last night (end of beach road) and that was quite a spectacular venue with Thai, Italian, Indian food on show. The food was not actually all that awesome considering the price but a good joint to go if you want to impress the girl.

http://www.mantra-pattaya.com

Edited by whitespider

1. White Knight buffet on Soi VC, don't let the gay area scare you away.

2. Cherry restaurant

3. Vientienne on Walking St, haven't tried the one near the Big C on Pattaya Tai.

4. Num Chai on Soi Buakaow

5 Thai Bar b Que buffet joint on 3RD Rd, the one near the snooker place.